Sign in to follow this  
blue

Dont mention Cheating

3 hours ago, rpd said:

Man knows exactly what he wants in a race car and how to get it

Very well said.  You can't overstate how important that is. 

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

Traction control has been used in the big block class forever....either ignition controlled or brake controlled...davis technologies and racetronics are big ones....you can usually hear the ignition controlled devices..especially when used in window mode (activated between a certain rpm range)....the brake controlled devices used read off of a speed sensor on the driveshaft or from the ignition system...they use the power steering system to control brake application and you cant hear them but if set incorrectly can make the rotors glow...with that being said rotors can glow from hard braking without t/c as well.

Adjustable shocks...hydraulic spring adjusters...tire softening...big cubic inch...titanium parts...tungsten axle tubes....lead slugs inside of axle tubes...illegal fuel mixing...soft tubing in chassis...are all illegal...and have or are all being used somewhere today...and all will be tried again

I would bet matt is not doing any of them....

Watching Matt go through the corners like no one else last friday at Brewerton made me ask myself , traction control ?

1 hour ago, racermurray said:

Watching Matt go through the corners like no one else last friday at Brewerton made me ask myself , traction control ?

And naturally him and only him is running TC?  I read it's almost impossible to detect and lots of other teams can afford it.  

Schumacher won 45 races and 5 consecutive championships in 5 years with Ferrari.   Comparing F1 to NE Dirt isn't exactly apples to apples.   What I'm comparing is the dominance.   Respect what you are seeing here.  There'll come a day when someone else is tearing it up and Sheppard is winning a 1/2 dozen races a year. 

4 hours ago, tommc said:

I believe if Friesan was running his Dirt modified full time he would be challenging Matt for most wins!

Not a Friesen fan, but I think you're not far off. It sure would be close.

10 hours ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

Bob, you must be old enough to have some memories of watching Richie Evans?  Any that stand out? 

Believe it or not... I only saw Richie Evans race just 2 times that I remember, and one of them was at New Smyrna Speedway in Florida. The other time was around the same year at Oswego. Sad, I know but I was addicted to dirt from day 1. Never really had any interest in pavement racing when the dirt variety was so good.

• Like 1

Matt's very happy the real teacher is only around now and then when he's not running the truck series so he's not home to give him a :popo: at the tracks. JMO

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ranger22 said:

Why do people always assume cheating is in the engine? There are a lot of ways to cheat in a modified that have nothing to do with what's under the hood.

OK, enlighten me then...……...tell us about these ways to cheat...……….

4 hours ago, hangman1 said:

Matt's very happy the real teacher is only around now and then when he's not running the truck series so he's not home to give him a :popo: at the tracks. JMO

Dumbest thing I've heard in awhile but ok LOL look up the win totals and get back to me

Heard a few years ago on my headset at OCFS during a mid-week DirtCar race:  Crewchief:  "Your right rear rotor is glowing."  Driver:  "Must be a bad sensor."  And I'm not telling who..........   

12 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Believe it or not... I only saw Richie Evans race just 2 times that I remember, and one of them was at New Smyrna Speedway in Florida. The other time was around the same year at Oswego. Sad, I know but I was addicted to dirt from day 1. Never really had any interest in pavement racing when the dirt variety was so good.

Obviously, I am not questioning what races you have or have not seen. But I am surprised you did not see Evans' one career win on dirt -- at Weedsport (1971). I guess that was too long ago?

In Bones Bourcier's book on Evans, he wrote that Evans started on the pole and wanted to prove that the three-week handicapping system was flawed and could be manipulated. Bones also related a story of Evans towing to Flemington when it was a dirt track. Evans hated it so much that he loaded up the car after the heat and decided to watch the feature instead.

51 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Heard a few years ago on my headset at OCFS during a mid-week DirtCar race:  Crewchief:  "Your right rear rotor is glowing."  Driver:  "Must be a bad sensor."  And I'm not telling who..........   

Easy. Matt Sheppard.

2 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

Dumbest thing I've heard in awhile but ok LOL look up the win totals and get back to me

There's some truth to that.  If Friesen was fulltime dirt, 9S job would be a lot tougher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FightForTheRail said:

Obviously, I am not questioning what races you have or have not seen. But I am surprised you did not see Evans' one career win on dirt -- at Weedsport (1971). I guess that was too long ago?

In Bones Bourcier's book on Evans, he wrote that Evans started on the pole and wanted to prove that the three-week handicapping system was flawed and could be manipulated. Bones also related a story of Evans towing to Flemington when it was a dirt track. Evans hated it so much that he loaded up the car after the heat and decided to watch the feature instead.

I would have bet that Miller saw Evans race on dirt somewhere in ny state.

3 hours ago, dirt-in-my-beer said:

There's some truth to that.  If Friesen was fulltime dirt, 9S job would be a lot tougher. 

Not saying that it wouldn't it would be a great battle whip his aas not

6 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

It's already been posted on this site.. Stew's win percentage is better than Matt's in a modified this season, all the while he is likely putting 80% or more of his focus on improving his truck program.

Not nearly so dumb if Stew was to have entered the same number of events, arguments could be made that he wins a bunch more. That would decrease Matt's total and hurt his win percentage even more.

Funny thing is that Williamson has an even better win percentage than both. 

You should really pull your head put of Matt's tighty whities a bit. There are stats out that back the claim that Stew could possibly be better. Just accept that it could possibly be true.... could be 100% false... could just be great racing...

Calling someone else's opinion dumb when it really could hypothetically be true...... that just makes you even more annoying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oilman said:

OK, enlighten me then...……...tell us about these ways to cheat...……….

Don't have to, someone else already did.

44 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

It's already been posted on this site.. Stew's win percentage is better than Matt's in a modified this season, all the while he is likely putting 80% or more of his focus on improving his truck program.

Not nearly so dumb if Stew was to have entered the same number of events, arguments could be made that he wins a bunch more. That would decrease Matt's total and hurt his win percentage even more.

You should really pull your head put of Matt's tighty whities a bit. There are stats out that back the claim that Stew could possibly be better. Just accept that it could possibly be true.... could be 100% false... could just be great racing...

Calling someone else's opinion dumb when it really could hypothetically be true...... that just makes you even more annoying.

Its my opinion  Don't really care if you don't like it

49 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

I am a Stew fan. and Matt not  so much.  But throw out the bullshit  . Just count the races where where both of the  drivers are entered this season head to head.  Take just those races.  Matt is going win that battle.  My bet

Counting races where Stew is a ghost? speculation

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, leroy said:

I am a Stew fan. and Matt not  so much.  But throw out the bullshit  . Just count the races where where both of the  drivers are entered this season head to head.  Take just those races Matt is going win that battle.  My bet

Counting races where Stew is a ghost? speculation

Counting Matt as superior in a future where Stew gives 100% focus to a modified (as it is being debated here) like you are doing isn't speculation?

All I said was that it's entirely possible... just like it was not that long ago when Stew raced modifieds as his primary focus. Stew has a bunch of series wins in his history too before shifting part focus to sprints and pavement. No reason to believe he couldn't have figured out something in his program like Matt has.

Sheppard9s  calling someone else dumb because in his Crystal ball he sees Matt as untouchable is somehow ok.... no one else is allowed to have their own Crystal balls?...😂

28 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

Counting Matt as superior in a future where Stew gives 100% focus to a modified (as it is being debated here) like you are doing isn't speculation?

All I said was that it's entirely possible... just like it was not that long ago when Stew raced modifieds as his primary focus. Stew has a bunch of series wins in his history too before shifting part focus to sprints and pavement. No reason to believe he couldn't have figured out something in his program like Matt has.

Sheppard9s  calling someone else dumb because in his Crystal ball he sees Matt as untouchable is somehow ok.... no one else is allowed to have their own Crystal balls?...😂

No speculation. Races that they both enter.  Again not even a super Matt fan.   Take the races head to head this year. Not the rest .  See where it ends.   Just the races where they both enter    See

Where your going is like me saying Matt would win races where he doesn't show too 

Good luck to Stew  tonight in truck.   The truck races have been awsome this year.   The only reason to watch NASCAR has been trucks.  Last weeks race was bad ass.  Hoping for more of same

On 6/22/2018 at 7:50 AM, Speedway21 said:

Isn't he an engineer, like he legitimately went to school at RIT? I don't know but I thought I read that somewhere. If that's the case that's a tool that almost none of the other drivers have. That, and access to basically BRPs tool shed lol 

Don't worry,  the second other divers start whining, degrees will be outlawed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leakin_fluids said:

Never called anyone dumb