Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Ok . So after winning the Show Me 100, did not Scott admit to getting some "real good pain meds"  from doctors before  being able to race? I believe he was quoted as saying just that after winning the race? Press releases said just that

If Joe Blow like me had his ears open on this. It is not surprising that WoO officials had their ears open too.  

I can't be the only person who saw this coming weeks ago?????

actually I have my races mixed up. It was the dream at Eldora . one would think after comments like this that he would get tested?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, leroy said:

🙄

wait a minute here. 

 

Racing is not a job.

It is a hobby.    🙄

Um...ok. I'm not at all sure what point you are trying to make.

I was giving two separate thoughts in response to a previous post, not conflating two ideas into one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Um...ok. I'm not at all sure what point you are trying to make.

I was giving two separate thoughts in response to a previous post, not conflating two ideas into one.

Just saying .  According to several hundred  posts on here, (especially when fans complain about purses)! racing is not a job.  It is a hobby . Maybe they should test me before I go fishing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leroy said:

Just saying .  According to several hundred  posts on here, (especially when fans complain about purses)! racing is not a job.  It is a hobby . Maybe they should test me before I go fishing 

I am really lost. You use a thread about drug testing to talk about purses in racing?  Drug testing of racers is about killing someone, not the fact that 23rd in the support division feature at the local track pays $20.

WRT the bold part, you can't really be trying to make the case that someone who fishes while high has the same opportunity to kill other anglers as someone driving a racecar while high, are you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Racerfan2003 said:

Well this has turned into quite the dick measuring contest about nothing thank you peanut gallery! 

What were you hoping for in this thread? It was always going to turn into a discussion of drug testing in racing.

What discussion on this topic were you hoping for that is not being addressed? If you didn't want the "peanut gallery" to give their thoughts on the topic, why even start the thread?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

I am really lost. You use a thread about drug testing to talk about purses in racing?  Drug testing of racers is about killing someone, not the fact that 23rd in the support division feature at the local track pays $20.

WRT the bold part, you can't really be trying to make the case that someone who fishes while high has the same opportunity to kill other anglers as someone driving a racecar while high, are you?

I was not the person who brought the "job reference " into the equation here.    Other folks related being pee test at work to being pee test at track.   

I put a emoticon on the post as it was meant to be mainly sarcastic.  there has been debates on here before as to whether or not racing is a profession or hobby..

Also , if your talking safety.  Is it safer to race high on a regular Fri night ?  Or a WoO Fri night ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

What were you hoping for in this thread? It was always going to turn into a discussion of drug testing in racing.

What discussion on this topic were you hoping for that is not being addressed? If you didn't want the "peanut gallery" to give their thoughts on the topic, why even start the thread?

All I ask is I heard Scott Bloomquist got DQed at Lernerville 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Racerfan2003 said:

All I ask is I heard Scott Bloomquist got DQed at Lernerville 

Ok...That information is pretty easy to find on Twitter, even if you don't have a Twitter account. I am not being at all snarky, but when you start a thread on a message board, people are going to discuss the topic. That is why message boards exist.

There was an answer to your question mere moments after your posted it. If you didn't want to read what people on a message board had to say about the topic you started, you had your answer to the question in the very first reply.  You would not have ever had to read beyond the first reply. Again, not being snarky But this is a message board.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Im not talking about killing jews and you are incorrect on the drug testing.  Do your homework and you will see that I am right.

Every job I ever had, we we're tested preemployment, post accident, probable cause, random and part of DOT physical. 

 The ancient Chinese philosopher Confusion said " He who protests to much has something to hide.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 5:06 PM, happyracer said:

I am firm believer in if you have nothing to hide then what is the big deal about taking a drug test. Like being pulled over by a cop & they ask if they can search your car. Sure why not? I have nothing to hide. Being pulled aside at the airport for additional screening. Sure why not? I have nothing to hide. 

Agree, Bloomquist could have taken the test and smoothed over The Dream issue. It was the perfect opportunity and he still chose not to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I’m not sure why this is such a topic.  Some employers require drug tests whether it is random, pre employment, quarterly, post accident, etc.  If it is in the employers policies and procedures or rules and regulations and it states your required to take the test, you take the test or work elsewhere.  I understand both sides of the argument when it comes to testing or not having to take the test.  But if I know going into something that it is required there isn’t much of an argument.  We complain about cars not being teched because somethings might be altered but argue that a driver shouldn’t be teched from time to time?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, happyracer said:

I am firm believer in if you have nothing to hide then what is the big deal about taking a drug test. Like being pulled over by a cop & they ask if they can search your car. Sure why not? I have nothing to hide. Being pulled aside at the airport for additional screening. Sure why not? I have nothing to hide. 

You obviously cant be serious?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant understand the amazement over scott bloomquist refusing to take a drug test....he and everyone else knew he would fail it...including the sanctioning body that was conducting the test....he is probably the greatest dirt track driver that ever lived...with a storied career a mile long...along with that is 10 miles of stories of his off the track issues...many including drugs...he is one bad sob behind the wheel but would not be the greatest role model for children

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, montess said:

I work in a plastic manufacturing plant that makes a lot of medical parts & I'm subjected to random drug test(Was 4 x's a year). I also know that Welch Allyn dose too. My brother is a cable guy & he is subjected to. Thing is drug testing is a lot more common in the work place than a lot of you think and it's not going away. Think of it this way if you can prove that your work place is drug free I'm thinking you might get a break when it comes to insurance. Plus it may help bring in work. 

You are wrong! You missed the news tonight. Drug testing is changing. Testing for marijuana is falling on the way side for obvious reasons. Hopefully they will start focusing on alcohol use which causes more fatalities and accidents.  I think all tracks should give breathalyzers to the drivers as they sign in. Anybody who tests positive at any limit should be fined and suspended. Im sure everybody would agree with me on that. Why wasn't that done to the group tested  who were racing against Bloomquist? Maybe because the beer companies give advertising dollars to the tracks or racing organizations? What a joke these clowns are. If the jokers want to test then make it a comprehensive test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I cant understand the amazement over scott bloomquist refusing to take a drug test....he and everyone else knew he would fail it...including the sanctioning body that was conducting the test....he is probably the greatest dirt track driver that ever lived...with a storied career a mile long...along with that is 10 miles of stories of his off the track issues...many including drugs...he is one bad sob behind the wheel but would not be the greatest role model for children

So what are the drugs that he uses when racing under the influence? This is really interesting... Does he use one or two drugs that are his favorites or does he like to use 3 or 4? Just wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robertmorris said:

Chemical plants, nuclear plants, military installations and the list goes on. The only people who are against protecting citizens from drug users are drug users  and radical liberals who wake up every morning looking to install their believes in everyone else that don't agree with them.

Lawmakers have made darn sure that there are no policies or practices that require them to be drug tested. Lmao! How about Preachers? They are always talking about hearing voices and they aren't required to get drug tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robertmorris said:

While you were a cop you had an incident where you had to shoot someone and they died, I suppose you would also be against taking a drug test in the investigation?

What in the world???  Come back to the topic... you are drifting far away now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never claimed he uses any while racing...but a random drug test given to scott bloomquist will probably reveal more than he would like...im not totally for drug testing because i dont feel its accurate to determine being under the influence...but if 15 other guys took it and passed...then he should have to as well...if i have to get drug tested to go to work...then i have no problem with a professional racecar driver having to as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

I am really lost. You use a thread about drug testing to talk about purses in racing?  Drug testing of racers is about killing someone, not the fact that 23rd in the support division feature at the local track pays $20.

WRT the bold part, you can't really be trying to make the case that someone who fishes while high has the same opportunity to kill other anglers as someone driving a racecar while high, are you?

How about driving a boat high while you are fishing? Maybe 6 budweisers high. Maybe that's what he means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

You are wrong! You missed the news tonight. Drug testing is changing. Testing for marijuana is falling on the way side for obvious reasons. Hopefully they will start focusing on alcohol use which causes more fatalities and accidents.  I think all tracks should give breathalyzers to the drivers as they sign in. Anybody who tests positive at any limit should be fined and suspended. Im sure everybody would agree with me on that. Why wasn't that done to the group tested  who were racing against Bloomquist? Maybe because the beer companies give advertising dollars to the tracks or racing organizations? What a joke these clowns are. If the jokers want to test then make it a comprehensive test.

Arguing with you is like beating my head against the wall. Good night living in the past. Hope you don't need a job these days with drug testing. You might might be in fore a eyeopening experience. 

 

3 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

What in the world???  Come back to the topic... you are drifting far away now.

This is how the real world works these days. Not 30+ years ago when you were a cop.

 
Have one to sell? Sell now

John Hunter Nemechekriaince

.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doug W said:

Every job I ever had, we we're tested preemployment, post accident, probable cause, random and part of DOT physical. 

 The ancient Chinese philosopher Confusion said " He who protests to much has something to hide.

Ive had 17 different jobs and never been drug tested. Not sure what your Chinese fortune cookies have to do with anything. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, montess said:

Arguing with you is like beating my head against the wall. Good night living in the past. Hope you don't need a job these days with drug testing. You might might be in fore a eyeopening experience. 

 

This is how the real world works these days. Not 30+ years ago when you were a cop.

 
Have one to sell? Sell now

John Hunter Nemechekriaince

.

I can pass a drug test 7 days a week no problem. But I am against drug testing unless there is probable cause. I don't see any need for it in local dirt racing. I am entitled to my own opinion. Especially since none of you can provide a valid reason for it. Why is alcohol left off the list? Who can answer that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
















×