52 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

What in the world???  Come back to the topic... you are drifting far away now.

You're telling me to come back to the topic!! You took this post to ANOTHER PLANET! Get a good nights rest, maybe you won't be so disoriented in the morning.:dj:

19 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Who says the other drivers are high and on drugs?  Is there probably cause? Most employers do not drug test. Especially government employers.  I would be more concerned with the caffeine overload from all the coffee. Also very concerned racing against overweight drivers who have slow reaction times. They should consider weighing drivers and taking BMI numbers. Anybody  who is over the limit should not get behind the wheel and jeopardize the safety of themselves and other drivers.

The statement about "most employers do not do drug tests" is simply not true.  Most do. Its a simple matter of economics related to liability. Most folks who refuse tests for "ideological" reasons are frequently users themselves and would rather put up a false argument rather than give up their dependence. 

• Like 3

Possibly this has more to do with branding than safety (safety is a big part though).

When competitors are racing under the umbrella of a big series, they have to adhere to some guidelines laid out to make the product acceptable to a wide range of fans/sponsors. No different than MLB, NHL, NFL...etc.

• Like 1

leakin_fluids is right.

It is a PR and an insurance liability issue. 

When a driver gets hurt and it comes out that a driver involved was under the influence, the first things insurance companies are going to start asking is, "So what is the track's drug and alcohol testing policy?" If the answer is "We don't have one," they are going to be litigated out of existence. If anyone is to blame in this, I really bet it is the insurance companies. And seriously, who doesn't enjoy hating insurance companies?

20 hours ago, Racerfan2003 said:

Rules been in place for well over a year and several people have failed already, if a driver doesnt like the rule drive somewhere else!

Fyi not a huge history buff but werent the Nazis known for the use of drugs during WWII ???

Yes they where.  Especially tank crews.

1 hour ago, Hekawi said:

The statement about "most employers do not do drug tests" is simply not true.  Most do. Its a simple matter of economics related to liability. Most folks who refuse tests for "ideological" reasons are frequently users themselves and would rather put up a false argument rather than give up their dependence. 

WRONG!

3 minutes ago, Waterwagon said:

Yes they where.  Especially tank crews.

The Blitzkrieg only worked because they were high to the gills on methamphetamine.

Hitler was also a total meth head.

1 hour ago, BillSmith said:

leakin_fluids is right.

It is a PR and an insurance liability issue. 

When a driver gets hurt and it comes out that a driver involved was under the influence, the first things insurance companies are going to start asking is, "So what is the track's drug and alcohol testing policy?" If the answer is "We don't have one," they are going to be litigated out of existence. If anyone is to blame in this, I really bet it is the insurance companies. And seriously, who doesn't enjoy hating insurance companies?

How many test panels and do they test for alcohol? List the organizations that claim to promote safety through drug testing AND also test for alcohol.  Simple breathalyzer will give immediate result for alcohol.

40 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

How many test panels and do they test for alcohol? List the organizations that claim to promote safety through drug testing AND also test for alcohol.  Simple breathalyzer will give immediate result for alcohol.

Testing, is for illegal drugs, alcohol is not illegal. Now take that ball and twist it to make yourself believe anything you want. And please don't suggest I am implying drinking alcohol while driving a race car is acceptable. Reading your beliefs, i'm sure you believe it would be unconstitutional to shove a breathalyzer into a drivers mouth before or after a race. Would you encourage drivers not to submit to the alcohol test as you did with drug testing earlier?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, robertmorris said:

Testing, is for illegal drugs, alcohol is not illegal. Now take that ball and twist it to make yourself believe anything you want. And please don't suggest I am implying drinking alcohol while driving a race car is acceptable. Reading your beliefs, i'm sure you believe it would be unconstitutional to shove a breathalyzer into a drivers mouth before or after a race. Would you encourage drivers not to submit to the alcohol test as you did with drug testing earlier?

Robert my friend, answer me this... Are they testing for illegal drugs or legal drugs?  Driver has back pain so he is taking opioids prescribed by his doctor. Legal or illegal? How about driver is impaired by drugs prescribed by his or her doctor?  No problem, all legal. How about driver is now addicted to  pain killing opioids and is now buying them off the street. Driver tests positive. Legal or illegal?  How about driver legally smokes pot on Tuesday in Maine. Said driver races on Saturday and tests positive for marijuana. Legal or illegal? How about driver wins big race on Friday night and drinks 12 beers to celebrate. He/she doesn't get to bed until 5:00a.m. that morning. Wakes up at 10 a.m. works on car and goes to race on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. hungover. Alcohol still in drivers system. Should he/she be permitted to race?  Legal or illegal? A danger to others? Are we really concerned with safety? Now for the Big question... What are we testing for? To "catch" drivers who test positive? Or are we testing for Impairment? BIG DIFFERENCE. Many positive test results do not constitute impairment. Alcohol is legal so we wont enforce that will we? I noticed all the alcohol billboards on the speedway where the sprint car death occurred.  What organizations test for alcohol? Seems nobody can give me an answer to that question.

Jmo but in the grand scheme of things it's not even worth debating. He didn't take test, there is only 1 person in the world that knows if he had any drug in him. 

13 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

I can pass a drug test 7 days a week no problem. But I am against drug testing unless there is probable cause. I don't see any need for it in local dirt racing. I am entitled to my own opinion. Especially since none of you can provide a valid reason for it. Why is alcohol left off the list? Who can answer that?

Whether or not you see a need for it, it's not like WRG just showed up out of the blue and sprang this on any of the drivers (of which 15 passed).  They've made no secret of their policy, if he didn't agree with it, no one was forcing him to compete at their events:  

http://www.woosprint.com/news/latest-news/4184-world-of-outlaws-launches-more-robust-drug-testing

World of Outlaws Launches Race Day Drug-Testing Program

Partners Exclusively with The National Center for Drug Free Sport to update Substance Abuse Policy and Manage Testing

CONCORD, N.C. — Dec. 8, 2016 — The World of Outlaws announced today an exclusive partnership with The National Center for Drug Free Sport (Drug Free Sport) for a robust drug-testing program to improve the safety of competitors in compliance with a revised World of Outlaws Substance Abuse Policy.

“Every major sport across the country has adopted drug-testing policies. As the leader in dirt track racing we felt it was time to join that group,” said World of Outlaws President Tom Deery. “Partnering with Drug Free Sport as a third-party administrator provides our participants a thorough and fair testing platform.”

Beginning with the 2017 racing season, the World of Outlaws Craftsman® Sprint Car Series and Late Model Series will require drivers to participate in random testing for substances of abuse that could impede driving ability. “We’ve had a drug policy in place for quite a while now that allows us to test based on suspicion,” said Deery. “But we’ve never done random testing. It’s time to add another dimension to create a stronger deterrent.”

Drug Free Sport FAQs

Drug Free Sport is a world-wide leader in the sport drug-testing industry, currently conducting drug testing management and/or education services for the NFL, MLB, NCAA, NBA, WNBA, NBA D-League, PGA Tour, LPGA, USGA, CrossFit Games, the Big Ten Conference, and more than 300 colleges, universities and amateur athletics organizations around the world.

“As a true independent third-party administrator, Drug Free Sport provides consistency to the process, an added layer of confidence, confidentiality, and skill, leveraging our technical expertise in industry-approved testing procedures and certified specimen collection,” said Chris Guinty, Drug Free Sport COO. “Our collectors and staff establish the tone within the industry of ensuring fair and safe sport for athletes, teams and fans.”

Random drug testing will begin at the onset of the 2017 season. Testing will apply to drivers only and will be conducted at a number of events throughout the season. Notification will not be given prior to any event. Drivers found in violation will be subject to suspension.

“We’re not looking for performance-enhancing drugs, as in other sports,” said World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter. “Regardless of your view on recreational drug use, we can all agree they have no place on the race track. We’re trying to keep our drivers safe.”

“The World of Outlaws run in close quarters at high speeds, and we will not allow anything that puts participants and fans at risk,” said Carter.

• Like 1

DownThe BackStretch, I have no idea what drugs the WoO is testing for.  I do know that if a person gets pulled over and is with opiods in their system, they can be charged with DUI. Regardless of whether or not they have a prescription for them.  It would depend on the level , just like any other drug.    It is a slippery slope. But depending on what and how much pain meds a person takes? might not be a good idea to race 

35 minutes ago, brian moore said:

Maybe we all should only follow the rules that we want to. That will make everyone happy. 

It depends on who is making the rules and why are they making the ones they are making.

You can do anything you want in this life,  OR you can do drugs. It's that simple. Choosing to do drugs is unacceptable in many places and situations. If you choose to do drugs, then you take the chance of being excluded from those places and events. The the series and the tracks have said they don't want it there. Bloomquist knew the rules when he decided to participate at these events. He thought he could get away with it. Now he has plenty of time to heal his injured shoulder while all the guys who took and passed the test race on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

It depends on who is making the rules and why are they making the ones they are making.

It's their game.... they can make any rules they like. That goes for sports or employers.

You the participant or employee have a choice to follow those rules or go elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

Did everyone behind Scott move up a position in winnings or is this another one where all the prize money just goes back to the series?

I dont believe he ran a feature to get paid

Drugs or no drugs...tests or no test...bloomquist is the biggest draw in late model racing...everyone knows he has had his issues off the track...any race with him will draw more ppl than one without him...if he was a WoO regular..my bet would be he had taken the test and passed with flying colors...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leakin_fluids said:

It's their game.... they can make any rules they like. That goes for sports or employers.

You the participant or employee have a choice to follow those rules or go elsewhere.

You are right. I agree 100%. And their game is nothing more than a Fraud perpetrated on the drivers and race fans. Totally flawed and a total misrepresentation of what they say it stands for.  Con job.

Rules are rules, if you dont like them pick different game. No one held a gun to his head and forced him to race. I am sure Scott was well aware if the consequences, he is one of the best money racers of all time.

• Like 1