34 minutes ago, 18kylebusch said:

We recently had a driver get hit by a sprint car while walking on the track. He died with drugs in his system. Good enough for me to mandate testing. 

What driver? 

Did he get out of wrecked car?

please explain 

3 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I dont believe he ran a feature to get paid

He ran Thursday night’s feature. The test was supposed to take place Friday. 

15 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

He ran Thursday night’s feature. The test was supposed to take place Friday. 

I didnt realize that...my bad...im sure they pocketed his purse money and did not pay everyone behind him for the extra position...

If you dont like the rules dont follow the series.  All major sports require drug testing... i dont see the problem. MLB NFL NBA NHL NASCAR..  but local dirt tracks shouldnt? Ive never had a job where i didnt have to take a drug/alcohol test pre employment... 

• Like 1

Just now, rpm72x said:

I didnt realize that...my bad...im sure they pocketed his purse money and did not pay everyone behind him for the extra position...

He wasn’t DQ’d for Thursday, just Friday. He’ll get to keep his 1750 for running fourth Thursday. 

Any driver signing in to race agrees to said rules. As was stated many times in this thread he knew full well he could/would  be tested and still chose to put his entry fee in. Doesn't matter whether you or anyone else feels drug testing is appropriate.  All parties involved knew before a single car hit the track what the rules were.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Drugs or no drugs...tests or no test...bloomquist is the biggest draw in late model racing...everyone knows he has had his issues off the track...any race with him will draw more ppl than one without him...if he was a WoO regular..my bet would be he had taken the test and passed with flying colors...

If Scott was running regularly with the Outlaws he would of never been picked for the test.

Lol. You guys cant see past the end of your noses. You all bought the Con job. They are so concerned about safety of drivers they will now drug test. But they fail to test for the most commonly abused drug of them all! ALCOHOL. It would be a conflict of interest to take sponsorship money with many speedways displaying beer companies on their billboards. How many people have been killed or injured because someone was driving with alcohol in their system? Lets pretend its okay because its a legal drug. A "real" drug test where driver safety is the ultimate goal would be a test that includes alcohol. They have proven that sponsorship money is whats important.  Imagine what the speedways would look like without all those banners advertising ice cold beer! Maybe in a couple years they will be replaced by a big green marijuana leaf if the money is right. Money talks! So for now, alcohol is fine. It appears that The National Center for Drug Free Sports does a great job of marketing the idea of driver safety through Random Drug Testing. In my opinion, they fail the test! Their testing is flawed to say the least.

The policy doesn't say they don't test for alcohol. The drug screen may not detect alcohol, but it's pretty straightforward to get a breathalizer done ...

• Like 1

Am I the only one that heard Alex Jones' voice while reading DownTheBackStretch's reply?  :sarcastichand:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dundeedm said:

If Scott was running regularly with the Outlaws he would of never been picked for the test.

I agree...I said he would have taken the test and passed easily because the tour would have never tested bloomquist in the first place...hes not a regular so the test was as much spite as it was safety

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillSmith said:

The policy doesn't say they don't test for alcohol. The drug screen may not detect alcohol, but it's pretty straightforward to get a breathalizer done ...

Bill, I looked it up. It doesn't list alcohol as a drug that they test for. Also, there is a lot of controversy about the organization and their testing. I mean come on man, How could they leave alcohol off the list? Really? Pretty lame!

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

Am I the only one that heard Alex Jones' voice while reading DownTheBackStretch's reply?  :sarcastichand:

Cmon Bob. You are one of the last guys around who actually exhibits common sense. Why don't they include alcohol on the list? Its not a trick question.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rpm72x said:

I agree...I said he would have taken the test and passed easily because the tour would have never tested bloomquist in the first place...hes not a regular so the test was as much spite as it was safety

You do know that every contracted WoO driver has taken multiple drug tests this year, right? 

• Like 1

I do know that every nfl player is signed up to do random drug testing...but a bunch of prominent players over the years have said they were not asked...were not tested...while others who may have had problems in the past somehow randomly were chosen up to 10 times a year...

2 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Every contracted driver for the woo together do not have the star power of bloomquist...

This has absolutely no bearing on the topic at hand. Do you even have a point, or are you deflecting yet again because your point was was busted up? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Cmon Bob. You are one of the last guys around who actually exhibits common sense. Why don't they include alcohol on the list? Its not a trick question.

Because I'm pretty sure there is a separate rule that says you can't be under the influence of alcohol.  I could be wrong, but every track I've raced at includes that.   

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

This has absolutely no bearing on the topic at hand. Do you even have a point, or are you deflecting yet again because your point was was busted up? 

The point that 2 of us were hinting at is that if he was a woo regular he would not have been tested or the test would have been passed without it being sent anywhere....there isnt 1 contracted driver that the woo cant live without, so as it stands they look like they are doing something good for racing by drug testing. Scott bloomquist is the one guy any series would bend the rules for to keep him racing if he is your main attraction. 

• Like 1

If Bloomer is this huge draw that every sanction wants why in the hell would they suspend him?

An even bigger point is why in the hell would Bloomer go out of his way to avoid not one, but two drug tests? 

Slippery slope here. I would much rather be on the track with a guy that smoked a joint 20 days ago but would still fail a drug test than the 5 overweight drivers that are all on HBP medication whos heart could explode at any moment. 

I would much rather be on the track with a guy that smoked a joint 20 days ago but would still fail a drug test than the 5 people that are battling depression and trying to quit smoking who are on prozac, welbutrin, chantix and xanax whos side effects are suicidal thoughts, shitting your pants, vomiting, losing your digits and whatever else that leads to dangerous actions. One suicidal thought to die racing can hurt the whole field. 

Nobody should ever be in a racecar while they are drunk, stoned or just ripped a few lines. Nobody, ever. But the current system for drug testing is archaic. I could be a totlal coke addict blow 3 lines of cocaine on a Wednesday night and pass a drug test on friday. Good to go. but heck if you smoke a joint 20-25 days ago and nothing since, you'll fail a drug test. Complete nonsense and out of touch with the current times. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Sorry... your reply reads like it is hostile. I agree with what you are trying to say... alcohol is the most abused drug on the planet. I live less than 5 miles from Seneca Lake. Route 14 from Geneva to Watkins Glen along Seneca Lake is the most dangerous highway in NY state because of the 36 wineries and combination winery - micro breweries (I counted them 2 years ago - there might be even more now) along that route. And it's promoted by the governor of the same state that claims the highest DWI conviction rate in the country. Yet not once in my travels on that road have I ever seen someone doing a field sobriety test.