Jump to content




Recommended Posts

who would have thought Scott would dodge a drug test?.... probably worried about a false positive from all the black hair dye...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Im not talking about killing jews and you are incorrect on the drug testing.  Do your homework and you will see that I am right.

Actually, by calling a drug test a Nazi tactic, that's exactly what you did, dink.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

Actually, by calling a drug test a Nazi tactic, that's exactly what you did, dink.

Billy, no name calling unless you are doing it affectionately... lol. You do realize that Microsoft, Apple and Google do not drug test right? I have friends that work at all 3 companies. And also for the most part any managerial positions, real estate, insurance and financial services positions do not require drug testing. Its very expensive, doesn't prove someone is under the influence at work and most times results in negative results. When you get time do some research on totalitarianism and authoritarianism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, because I can Google your screen name and know every little fact about you. Glad I didn't live in your town lol where you also the janitor and the only towns person! Please...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SARVER, Pa. — DIRTcar officials have suspended legendary dirt late model ace Scott Bloomquist for not participating in random drug testing on Friday during Firecracker 100 weekend at Lernerville Speedway.

Bloomquist, 54, was one of 16 drivers randomly selected by a blind draw completed by a member of the Lernerville track crew. According to a DIRTcar Racing penalty report, Bloomquist had five hours to complete the test after not being able to provide a sample during initial check in with Drug Free Sport.

 

The other 15 drivers completed the sampling, with three drivers requiring two attempts to provide an adequate sample.

World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series Director Matt Curl made multiple attempts to assist Bloomquist to the testing area. Drug Free Sport and series officials set an 11 p.m. deadline for Bloomquist to meet with Drug Free Sport officials and provide his sample, but he failed to arrive by the deadline.

Drug Free Sport, the organization that oversees World Racing Group’s substance abuse policy, classified his absence as a “test refusal” according to the DIRTcar penalty report.

As a result, Bloomquist has been suspended for 90 days from all DIRTcar competition and fined $1,000. He can reduce the suspension to 60 days should he complete an alcohol or drug education program. He must also pass two drug tests during the final 14 days of his suspension.

Bloomquist’s suspension comes on the heels of his controversial victory in the June 9 Dirt Late Model Dream at Ohio’s Eldora Speedway. He was selected for a random drug test, but fell in the mud after a rain storm and was taken to the hospital on June 8, causing him to miss his drug test.

Tom Deery, the World Racing Group’s president and chief operating officer, told SPEED SPORT that all signs indicated the Eldora incident was a fluke situation and that Bloomquist would go back into the random testing pool right away.

“Drug Free has said that, obviously, the next opportunity we have to test Scott, we will. He’ll fall right back into the system. This doesn’t give him a get out of jail card. He’s back into the system now,” Deery told SPEED SPORT.

Bloomquist told DirtonDirt.com that he plans to undergo rotator cuff surgery to fix the injured shoulder from the fall at Eldora. The surgery is expected to keep him out of action at least three months.

Bloomquist is second in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series standings with the next race scheduled June 30 at Ohio’s Portsmouth Raceway Park. Bloomquist competed in and finished fourth in last weekend’s 100-lap Clash at the Mag Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series race at Mississippi’s Magnolia Motor Speedway.

He explained that after a dismal showing in his heat race on Friday night at Lernerville Speedway that saw him spin on lap two, he told his team to pack up and leave the track. He said he was unaware that he’d be required to come back and complete the drug test and by the time he found out he had to return, it was too late.

He said he plans to continue to field his No. 0 dirt late model in select events while he recovers from surgery with a driver that will be announced later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Billy, no name calling unless you are doing it affectionately... lol. You do realize that Microsoft, Apple and Google do not drug test right? I have friends that work at all 3 companies. And also for the most part any managerial positions, real estate, insurance and financial services positions do not require drug testing. Its very expensive, doesn't prove someone is under the influence at work and most times results in negative results. When you get time do some research on totalitarianism and authoritarianism.

Last time I checked, a stoned real estate agent isn't at risk of wrecking and killing someone in front of 3,000 people. I don't really care that Google and MS don't care if somebody behind a desk is stoned -- if you've ever used a MS product, it's pretty clear that everyone involved with the creation of their products is stoned or stupid or both.

100 MPH racecars are a different matter.

Here's how we got in this boat: Somebody gets hurt in an accident. Routine testing at the hospital while being treated reveals the guy who caused the accident was under the influence. Guy who got hurt's insurance company sues the hell out of the track. Bonus points when the liability waiver everyone signs gets thrown out in court. Boom, drug testing policies in place. DIRTcar's insurance company is likely insisting on having such a policy because of litigation fears.

Besides, I think they really booted Bloomer because they realize all those pirate flag waving dorks are pansy-asses and didn't want to put up with their whining. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Speedway21 said:

Yeah, because I can Google your screen name and know every little fact about you. Glad I didn't live in your town lol where you also the janitor and the only towns person! Please...

Lol... Do you get my point? No drug testing for police officers, teachers or political office. No drug testing for Management positions, realtors, insurance,  financial services, and how about Supreme Court judges? Lol. Cant you just be a big enough man to admit that not ALL "good" jobs require drug testing? Whats the big deal?  We had 4 or 5 pages on drug testing a few months ago regarding Ward/ Stewart. No reason to repeat it again. its not a simple topic. Lots and lots of variables. This is a message board and I stated my opinion. I think drivers should boycott any organizations that drug test. Im not asking anybody to agree with me. After all, many posters think there is nothing wrong for safety crews to wear shorts on the speedway when attending to racing incidents. Lol.  Maybe pretty soon those same people will say drivers should have the options of not wearing fire suits if they don't want to. Light cotton pants, white undershirt and sandals will be fine. I remember getting a kiddie ride from Robbie Kotary and that's what he was wearing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing about drugs and racing. Sure, you have the right to consume all the drugs you want. But if you go out on a racetrack (or a highway) and you're "right" endangers my life because you are behaving in an irresponsible manner because you are stone, not only should you be banned from racing, but you should have your ass beat.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RJO said:

SARVER, Pa. — DIRTcar officials have suspended legendary dirt late model ace Scott Bloomquist for not participating in random drug testing on Friday during Firecracker 100 weekend at Lernerville Speedway.

Bloomquist, 54, was one of 16 drivers randomly selected by a blind draw completed by a member of the Lernerville track crew. According to a DIRTcar Racing penalty report, Bloomquist had five hours to complete the test after not being able to provide a sample during initial check in with Drug Free Sport.

 

The other 15 drivers completed the sampling, with three drivers requiring two attempts to provide an adequate sample.

World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Model Series Director Matt Curl made multiple attempts to assist Bloomquist to the testing area. Drug Free Sport and series officials set an 11 p.m. deadline for Bloomquist to meet with Drug Free Sport officials and provide his sample, but he failed to arrive by the deadline.

Drug Free Sport, the organization that oversees World Racing Group’s substance abuse policy, classified his absence as a “test refusal” according to the DIRTcar penalty report.

As a result, Bloomquist has been suspended for 90 days from all DIRTcar competition and fined $1,000. He can reduce the suspension to 60 days should he complete an alcohol or drug education program. He must also pass two drug tests during the final 14 days of his suspension.

Bloomquist’s suspension comes on the heels of his controversial victory in the June 9 Dirt Late Model Dream at Ohio’s Eldora Speedway. He was selected for a random drug test, but fell in the mud after a rain storm and was taken to the hospital on June 8, causing him to miss his drug test.

Tom Deery, the World Racing Group’s president and chief operating officer, told SPEED SPORT that all signs indicated the Eldora incident was a fluke situation and that Bloomquist would go back into the random testing pool right away.

“Drug Free has said that, obviously, the next opportunity we have to test Scott, we will. He’ll fall right back into the system. This doesn’t give him a get out of jail card. He’s back into the system now,” Deery told SPEED SPORT.

Bloomquist told DirtonDirt.com that he plans to undergo rotator cuff surgery to fix the injured shoulder from the fall at Eldora. The surgery is expected to keep him out of action at least three months.

Bloomquist is second in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series standings with the next race scheduled June 30 at Ohio’s Portsmouth Raceway Park. Bloomquist competed in and finished fourth in last weekend’s 100-lap Clash at the Mag Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series race at Mississippi’s Magnolia Motor Speedway.

He explained that after a dismal showing in his heat race on Friday night at Lernerville Speedway that saw him spin on lap two, he told his team to pack up and leave the track. He said he was unaware that he’d be required to come back and complete the drug test and by the time he found out he had to return, it was too late.

He said he plans to continue to field his No. 0 dirt late model in select events while he recovers from surgery with a driver that will be announced later.

 

That's funny... WRG Substance Abuse Policy. Where does that come from? Who determines if a substance is being abused?   A positive test result does not result in abuse. Nonsense. Many, many shortcomings in all of this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, now is the chance for you to prove your case. Lets see your statistics that show the number of accidents at your local dirt tracks that were caused by somebody being under the influence of drugs/alcohol. Take your time with the numbers and please make sure they are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Lol... Do you get my point? No drug testing for police officers, teachers or political office. No drug testing for Management positions, realtors, insurance,  financial services, and how about Supreme Court judges? Lol. Cant you just be a big enough man to admit that not ALL "good" jobs require drug testing? Whats the big deal?  We had 4 or 5 pages on drug testing a few months ago regarding Ward/ Stewart. No reason to repeat it again. its not a simple topic. Lots and lots of variables. This is a message board and I stated my opinion. I think drivers should boycott any organizations that drug test. Im not asking anybody to agree with me. After all, many posters think there is nothing wrong for safety crews to wear shorts on the speedway when attending to racing incidents. Lol.  Maybe pretty soon those same people will say drivers should have the options of not wearing fire suits if they don't want to. Light cotton pants, white undershirt and sandals will be fine. I remember getting a kiddie ride from Robbie Kotary and that's what he was wearing.

Well I can sort of see what your saying, what that has to do with being a "man" I don't understand. Still doesn't mean I agree so I'll respectfully disagree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillSmith said:

The other thing about drugs and racing. Sure, you have the right to consume all the drugs you want. But if you go out on a racetrack (or a highway) and you're "right" endangers my life because you are behaving in an irresponsible manner because you are stone, not only should you be banned from racing, but you should have your ass beat.

And that is the problem with drug testing. We all agree that nobody should be racing under the influence, but that isn't what these tests do. The disingenuous aspect of it is that alcohol and hard substances are out of your system in hours, and those are clearly the most important to test for. 

Until there is a drug test that acts like a breathalyzer with immediate results, there will be very little value in policies like these, especially considering the trend of marijuana legalization nationwide. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The  drugs were in the past ( last week ) , people need to move on . Maybe he should write a book and he will be considered a legend again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am firm believer in if you have nothing to hide then what is the big deal about taking a drug test. Like being pulled over by a cop & they ask if they can search your car. Sure why not? I have nothing to hide. Being pulled aside at the airport for additional screening. Sure why not? I have nothing to hide. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Who says the other drivers are high and on drugs?  Is there probably cause? Most employers do not drug test. Especially government employers.  I would be more concerned with the caffeine overload from all the coffee. Also very concerned racing against overweight drivers who have slow reaction times. They should consider weighing drivers and taking BMI numbers. Anybody  who is over the limit should not get behind the wheel and jeopardize the safety of themselves and other drivers.

Most driving jobs drug test.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

And Ive had 3 jobs too... a police officer, a teacher and a mayor of a local township and was never required to take a drug test for any of them. So you guys need to do your homework before you spew inaccurate information. Know the facts before you post!

I’m glad I’m not from your town!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, brian moore said:

Most driving jobs drug test.

Chemical plants, nuclear plants, military installations and the list goes on. The only people who are against protecting citizens from drug users are drug users  and radical liberals who wake up every morning looking to install their beliefs in everyone that don't agree with them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in a plastic manufacturing plant that makes a lot of medical parts & I'm subjected to random drug test(Was 4 x's a year). I also know that Welch Allyn dose too. My brother is a cable guy & he is subjected to. Thing is drug testing is a lot more common in the work place than a lot of you think and it's not going away. Think of it this way if you can prove that your work place is drug free I'm thinking you might get a break when it comes to insurance. Plus it may help bring in work. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that all the drivers who want to race high should start their own series. The can call it the 4/20 late models. Winner gets first hit on the bong. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

And Ive had 3 jobs too... a police officer, a teacher and a mayor of a local township and was never required to take a drug test for any of them. So you guys need to do your homework before you spew inaccurate information. Know the facts before you post!

While you were a cop you had an incident where you had to shoot someone and they died, I suppose you would also be against taking a drug test in the investigation?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, montess said:

I work in a plastic manufacturing plant that makes a lot of medical parts & I'm subjected to random drug test(Was 4 x's a year). I also know that Welch Allyn dose too. My brother is a cable guy & he is subjected to. Thing is drug testing is a lot more common in the work place than a lot of you think and it's not going away. Think of it this way if you can prove that your work place is drug free I'm thinking you might get a break when it comes to insurance. Plus it may help bring in work. 

I hear what you are saying and it makes sense. But I worked for a company that made plastic bottles for 11 years and the only time they had any drug testing done was when you applied for a job and if you were involved in any kind of accident at work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was told at the Dream that he was getting tested at the Firecracker. Why he even came if he planned on avoiding the test again is beyond me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🙄

5 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

No, I don't understand where you are comparing from. Making dirt track drivers take a drug test and starving, electrocuting, gassing and shooting  six millions Jews is not at all comparable. If you think those two things are remotely similar, I don't know what to tell you.

As mentioned earlier, nearly any semi-decent job out there requires a drug test.

wait a minute here. 

 

Racing is not a job.

It is a hobby.    🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leroy said:

🙄

wait a minute here. 

 

Racing is not a job.

It is a hobby.    🙄

That's correct...….and  therefore no "recreational" drugs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.
















×
×
  • Create New...