We are making our 1st trip there next Sunday for the SDS race!

Is it easy to get to after you cross the border? I'll be crossing somewhere near Mohawk speedway.

Where's the best place to sit? Do they allow you to go in early and put a blanket down? 

I see the price is $35. Is that both Canadian and American?

How's the food?

Thanks!

Border is easy for the most part but could be a long wait. Seatings anywhere you are is good and can see all the track but get there early. You can also see the pits before the gates get open. Good food but nothing to brag. $35 Canadian. American par also sold there. You won't be disappointed!!

15 minutes ago, Rmitchell said:

Border is easy for the most part but could be a long wait. Seatings anywhere you are is good and can see all the track but get there early. You can also see the pits before the gates get open. Good food but nothing to brag. $35 Canadian. American par also sold there. You won't be disappointed!!

Thanks

1 hour ago, Deckerfan91 said:

Thanks

Plan for an hour to get across. It can vary from no wait to an hour on almost no notice. Getting back into the states is generally more of a hassle than getting into Canada when they know there is a race. If you've never been to Canada before they might pull you in the building and hassle you for a few minutes but just don't bring any alcohol or tobacco and you won't have any issues 

Never had a problem getting back and fourth to Cornwall. Yes, it's very easy to get to after you cross. Less than 10 min. The poutine is fantastic. Get there early and sit up high. The place will be packed. Cornwall is always great close racing. My favorite northeast track.

When crossing,  no jokes with the customs people.  If they make a joke then that's fine. Some of them are very serious about their work and have heard all the same jokes about hidden stuff in your vehicle.  Just be polite, yes sir or no sir answers. Have ids ready for everyone in the vehicle. And roll down the back driver side window so they can see in the back from the booth.  If they ask you to pull to the building remain polite, even if they act like a dick sometimes remember they are there to protect their country.  The easier you make it for them to do their job the quicker you will cross the border. 

• Like 4

Thanks I've been to Canada a few times. Went Merritville last year had no issues crossing the border.

18 minutes ago, Deckerfan91 said:

Thanks I've been to Canada a few times. Went Merritville last year had no issues crossing the border.

if your coming from the syracuse area..cross the border at ogdensburg ny..you'll end up in prescott ont..never a line up and I've never been given a hard time..once your in prescott your on highway 401 which takes you rihjy to cornwall..turn off at the power dam exit..and your mins away from the track

I work at the track, I suggest to arrive early to put your blankets down, it is an holiday weekend as well, we are expecting to have the place packed! Already seeing a lot of movement on our social media platform.

The grandstands are open between 10am and 2:30pm for blankets, after that you can have access if you pay via the pits. The stands were completely refurbished and I don't think there is bad seat in the house.

4 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

if your coming from the syracuse area..cross the border at ogdensburg ny..you'll end up in prescott ont..never a line up and I've never been given a hard time..once your in prescott your on highway 401 which takes you rihjy to cornwall..turn off at the power dam exit..and your mins away from the track

Coming from Albany!

26 minutes ago, Deckerfan91 said:

Coming from Albany!

then you'll be crossing at the cornwall border..its usually not that busy.from there it's about 5 mins from the track..its also about 5 mins from mohawk speedway..lol..im lucky cornwall speedway is pretty much in my backyard..and mohawk is no more then 20 mins

S

1 hour ago, Stewyfan44 said:

then you'll be crossing at the cornwall border..its usually not that busy.from there it's about 5 mins from the track..its also about 5 mins from mohawk speedway..lol..im lucky cornwall speedway is pretty much in my backyard..and mohawk is no more then 20 mins

Sounds like me I'm 15 minutes from Lebanon Valley 

Thank you everyone!

Looking forward to adding a new track to my list!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deckerfan91 said:

Thank you everyone!

Looking forward to adding a new track to my list!! 

your gonna love it..get there early..its going to be packed

15 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

If you cross the Johnstown bridge and end up in Prescott you've taken a wrong turn. Just cross the bridge and follow the signs to the 401 and head east to Cornwall/Montreal. The track is approximately 45 min away from this crossing point 

One final thing I recommend is Safety glasses. These big races at Cornwall tend to get a little dusty with the bleachers being close to the track and with the weather being in the mid 90's Sunday it's not going to help.

46 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

If you cross the Johnstown bridge and end up in Prescott you've taken a wrong turn. Just cross the bridge and follow the signs to the 401 and head east to Cornwall/Montreal. The track is approximately 45 min away from this crossing point 

they're coming from albany anyway..so they're gonna cross st cornwall..I was just saying if they're coming up I 81..to cross  over at prescott and catch the 401 there..the lineup at the Ivy lee bridge border is usually a shit show

2 hours ago, brian moore said:

All my outdoor activities have been canceled for today. 

with the humidity the temperature just hit 118 degrees..its getting to the point where this kind a heat is dangerous

9 hours ago, ferg3298 said:

Sheppard kicked ass with a bunch of small blocks up front

Boy good thing he didnt get beat by one of those small blocks ... we know how many tears were shed last time it happened!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1