7 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

No...what I get worked up about are yahoos who falsely claim totals that suddenly become "fact" simply because someone states them.  We literally spend hundreds of hours researching this stuff so that there is an "accurate accounting" of someone's career.  And of course none of them has an accurate, documented list of his wins....though it's available on our website.  THAT is the purpose of our research.

Fair enough.. I was not aware of a " crew" member makeing a point to have the tower announce 600 wins , Danny himself is a humble guy and doesn't sweat those details.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Howie contacted Skibinski to see where he got this info from and Skibinski said he got it from a crew member. Nobody is saying that 590 isn't a big number. It is, and Danny deserves all the cre

"Look at Matt dealing with this lap traffic.  Lifting at the appropriate times.  Giving the #63 plenty of space and waiting for the right opportunity to pass. Zero contact."..................That's us

. if the winner leads the whole race , you can watch him and the next day bitch about what a shitty race it was OR  you can look for a race within a race , which there were a few last night . I alread

14 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Your post reminds of when someone congratulated Rudolph for getting second place and the comments started rolling in as to why second place shouldn't be congratulated.

I feel as though the staff at Canandaigua and SDS put on a great show. Not to mention, mother nature gave them a huge break.

I think Danny leading the whole race was exciting because he hasn't won a series in awhile. On that note, I'd say a new winner every series race would be enough for me to say the race was exciting.

Even though your stat is somewhat true (Britten made up the top 5 tho and started 19th), I thought the mid pack racing was exciting. The battle between Matt and Friesen was great going into lap traffic.

So maybe it wasn't a race of someone starting last and winning or it wasn't the battle of first and second, it was still an exciting race!

No one will ever be able to convince me, second place finishes don't deserve congratulations. If the winner is odds on favorite to win in just about every event they compete in, second place is not to go unrecognized. And yes sir, great win for the Doctor also.

13 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Look at Matt dealing with this lap traffic.  Lifting at the appropriate times.  Giving the #63 plenty of space and waiting for the right opportunity to pass. Zero contact.

13 hours ago, inthecuse said:

Look at Matt dealing with this lap traffic.  Lifting at the appropriate times.  Giving the #63 plenty of space and waiting for the right opportunity to pass. Zero contact.

"Look at Matt dealing with this lap traffic.  Lifting at the appropriate times.  Giving the #63 plenty of space and waiting for the right opportunity to pass. Zero contact."..................That's usually what happens a week after you lose $9500 for slamming & banging your way thru a field of seasoned veteran racers!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, foster said:

Fair enough.. I was not aware of a " crew" member makeing a point to have the tower announce 600 wins , Danny himself is a humble guy and doesn't sweat those details.

Yea. . .You could see that during the interview when Danny was informed. He said something to the effect of that's a lot of races/wins. He didn't bust out a bottle of champagne and start dancing on the roof by any means.

42 minutes ago, racer80 said:

"Look at Matt dealing with this lap traffic.  Lifting at the appropriate times.  Giving the #63 plenty of space and waiting for the right opportunity to pass. Zero contact."..................That's usually what happens a week after you lose $9500 for slamming & banging your way thru a field of seasoned veteran racers!!!!

I really don't think he ever slammed and banged his way thru anything. I think Willy overreacted. I'm sure Matt drove with assertiveness but didn't make a demolition derby out of it.

Did you see the video I posted of Larry spinning out Willy? So what's that say about Larry's driving style?

2 hours ago, robertmorris said:

No one will ever be able to convince me, second place finishes don't deserve congratulations. If the winner is odds on favorite to win in just about every event they compete in, second place is not to go unrecognized. And yes sir, great win for the Doctor also.

I agree. I'm not saying everyone deserves a participation trophy but there's nothing wrong with a little recognition for a great job.

Kinda where I was going with my LoL post. Canandaigua offered a good show and it was a new sds winner this year.  So, I thought it was with giving credit to.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

I really don't think he ever slammed and banged his way thru anything. I think Willy overreacted. I'm sure Matt drove with assertiveness but didn't make a demolition derby out of it.

Did you see the video I posted of Larry spinning out Willy? So what's that say about Larry's driving style?

The video you posted showed Willy stabbing the brakes as he is going way out of the grove right in front of Larry.

Not quite the same scenario as you're trying to make it be... had Larry got under Willy and pushed him out of the way to start Willy losing control, then your comparison might hold water.

19 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

The video you posted showed Willy stabbing the brakes as he is going way out of the grove right in front of Larry.

Not quite the same scenario as you're trying to make it be... had Larry got under Willy and pushed him out of the way to start Willy losing control, then your comparison might hold water.

ok, so the problem isn't Larry or Matt, it's Willy's out of control driving style😂

Willy started second last night at Brewerton and finished 9th, fwiw.

Congratulations to The Doctor and his crew!!  They were pitted next to us and they changed a driveshaft after warm ups.  Danny sat in the car helping to make the change.  They did alot of work to get that win!!!  Congratulations to that whole team!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1