They actually do that on purpose to give some different guys a shot at the dash and some extra track time.  Wouldn't be much fun if it was like the WoO dash where you pretty much have the same 6-8 guys competing in it night after night.  Plus they have a sponsor who kicks in point money for the year, so its a good thing for all the competitors.

And yeah.. it takes about 5 minutes to run... its not like its a 15 minute ordeal... 

• Like 1

Our Dashes actually have several purposes. A.) The Finish determines the starting line up for the A-Main (Either positions 13-18 or 13-16 depending our car count. B.) For money, they either pay $125 or $100 to win and pay each car in the dash. C.) Since it's either the 4th place finisher in the heat or 5th and 6th (depending on car counts) these mostly are drivers that either had a tough qualifying run or a team that can use the experience, laps and money.  D.) We keep points for each dash and have a $2,000 point fun at season's end that is split up among the top 10 in points. E.) It's sponsored by a local business that gets their name out to hundreds if not thousands and F.) if that still isn't enough, there's your chance to take a leak, get a beer or slug down a hot dog!  :thumbup:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dean Reynolds said:

Our Dashes actually have several purposes. A.) The Finish determines the starting line up for the A-Main (Either positions 13-18 or 13-16 depending our car count. B.) For money, they either pay $125 or $100 to win and pay each car in the dash. C.) Since it's either the 4th place finisher in the heat or 5th and 6th (depending on car counts) these mostly are drivers that either had a tough qualifying run or a team that can use the experience, laps and money.  D.) We keep points for each dash and have a $2,000 point fun at season's end that is split up among the top 10 in points. E.) It's sponsored by a local business that gets their name out to hundreds if not thousands and F.) if that still isn't enough, there's your chance to take a leak, get a beer or slug down a hot dog!  :thumbup:

Ess looks out for their racers....unlike most of the track operaters

15 minutes ago, racer80 said:

Ess looks out for their racers....unlike most of the track operaters

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are very many track operators that are out there making millions... Especially in the northeast... 

48 minutes ago, 18kylebusch said:

Common sense dictates, they are making money or else they wouldn't be in business. Granted not millions but i think you'd be surprised.  OOPS quoted the wrong person. Should of been for Fonda Fan. 

35 minutes ago, 18kylebusch said:

It may only take 10 minutes to run the dash but it blocks them from running a half hour before and half hour after. 

The dash and the B main are usually run back to back.  Wouldn't you still need down time before and after the B anyway? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKraken said:

Common sense dictates, they are making money or else they wouldn't be in business. Granted not millions but i think you'd be surprised.  OOPS quoted the wrong person. Should of been for Fonda Fan. 

Correct.  They make some money over the course of the season.  They're also putting in hours and hours of their time to do what needs to be done at, and away from the track to put the show on.  I don't think any of them are getting rich by owning and promoting a race track in the northeast. Most, if not all of them, have other jobs as their main source of income. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Correct.  They make some money over the course of the season.  They're also putting in hours and hours of their time to do what needs to be done at, and away from the track to put the show on.  I don't think any of them are getting rich by owning and promoting a race track in the northeast. Most, if not all of them, have other jobs as their main source of income. 

Howie Commander has been the most successful promoter in the northeast & he charges the racer almost 1/2 what the other "track operators" do. He goes out & gets sponsors to pay his purses & keep his costs down. Why the rest of them can't do it I'll never know