The question is who was he supposed to beat that finished ahead of him? He is a Rookie and quite a learning curve. If you ask me he searched every inch of the track and looked pretty good in the feature. Give some stats of modified rookies that look impressive. These kind of post should be taken down

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Dirttrackin84 said:

These kind of post should be taken down

Nope. I am leaving it up so I can hear what Jake has to say about it.

• Like 2

Can't wait for his answer , always good to hear his raw honestly... Tick tock goes the clock ...... 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dirtroust said:

Rocky is a waste of your time and money,just my thought after Utica  series race.Give AJ a call!

Jake is in the Hall Of Fame as an owner. It's his money and his race team, when and if he decides to make a driver change, the decision is his and only his. End of conversation!

• Like 1

I’m sure they have an expectation plan in place to where they believe they should be running by a certain time of the season or maybe by next season.  I think atleast a full season is reasonable, maybe even two before making a change.  Rocky has been very successful for Jake and it is still early in the mod deal for Rock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Rocky is a waste of your time and money,just my thought after Utica  series race.Give AJ a call!"

This comming from a grand stand driver. Put your money where your mouth is. I just love grandstand drivers saying who should be driving for who, or this driver should have done this or that. with 90% never being in a car what a joke these people are. Jake keep rocky give him a chance to get better and comfortable in the car.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dirtroust said:

Rocky is a waste of your time and money,just my thought after Utica  series race.Give AJ a call!

AJ????

23 minutes ago, macho said:

Out of curiosity does anyone have some stats for Rocky this year? Top 5's? Top10's? Starts?

I'm not a fan of Rocky or Jake but currently 5th place in points at UR is nothing to frown upon for a rookie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKraken said:

I'm not a fan of Rocky or Jake but currently 5th place in points at UR is nothing to frown upon for a rookie. 

Plus the fantastic race he ran late in last season @ The Dutch Hoag Memorial @ Outlaw 

I bet Jake goes back to crate racing before he puts a different driver in the big block. You will see the block stuff for salebefore a driver change. 

Also 5th in points at Fonda.... Not bad at all. Also is there a single driver he finished behind last night that he should hang his head over???? JIMMY PHELPS, Danny Johnson, Erick Rudolph, Max McLaughlin, Matt Sheppard, Billy Dunn, Larry Wight, Pat Ward, Marc Johnson, Peter Britten, Mat Williamson, Billy Decker, Tim Fuller ..... Looks like all the top guys in the NE were ahead of him. 

• Like 1

Cant be the big fish in the pond when you race the best in big block modified racing. Have to learn each race. Jake will give more rope until at least the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, macho said:

Thanks. I'd say those stats are comparable to any top sportsman driver who moves up, depending on car counts and tracks raced at also. 

I'd have to say RD3 is putting up similar numbers in just 2 tracks alone for being a rookie. Impressive as well. 

Berwerton 5 starts, 3 top 5's and 4 top 10's 14th in points. 

Fulton 8 starts 1 win 4 top 5's and 8 top 10's . 3rd in points

Jake is a class act owner!!

Rocky is a first class driver!! Not an elite yet like the Johnson's, Hearn, Friesson , Fuller and many others that have been at it for many years. 

But it take time to adapt to different horsepower and drivers. Let's face it the competition is alot stiffer in the big blocks then the sportsman was. But the way I see it if Rocky and the team are learning, getting better constantly , and not coming in on the hook because he's over driving and crashing that's what's important!!!

i don't think there was anything wrong with Ronnie other than Rocky and Jake wanted to try big blocks and that bond was something that has had success in the sportsman and over yime I think will in the big blocks. 

Theres only Matt and Stewart that are super right now then there's the rest. In big blocks I'd say 5 wins is a decent year. I see Rocky ending up with 3-4 and top 5 in both home tracks. Those who think it's so easy should go get a team together and race against Rocky:) evidently you think your better. Lots of people need to realize Rocky  works on the cars and maintains them. That a huge plus for anyone spending money as an owner. 

David

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Cant be the big fish in the pond when you race the best in big block modified racing. Have to learn each race. Jake will give more rope until at least the end of the year. 

your probLEY RIGHT SO FAR WE SWITCHED CARS AND SUSPENSIONS WE ARE HAVING A RUFF TIME AT IT WE ARE SHORT OF HELP ALSO DO WE SUCK ? YES WE DO BUT WE ARE TRYING TO TURN THINGS AROUND. AS FAR AS GOING BACK TO CRATES I TOOK IN MORE CASH DOING CRATE RACING THEN BIG BLOCK RACING , I BOUGHT A SM. BLK. MOD. ENGINE FOR 25K TO RACE A FEW TIMES FOR A GLORIFIED CRATE PURSE ITS CRAZY !!!

• Like 1

Suck?

5 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

your probLEY RIGHT SO FAR WE SWITCHED CARS AND SUSPENSIONS WE ARE HAVING A RUFF TIME AT IT WE ARE SHORT OF HELP ALSO DO WE SUCK ? YES WE DO BUT WE ARE TRYING TO TURN THINGS AROUND. AS FAR AS GOING BACK TO CRATES I TOOK IN MORE CASH DOING CRATE RACING THEN BIG BLOCK RACING , I BOUGHT A SM. BLK. MOD. ENGINE FOR 25K TO RACE A FEW TIMES FOR A GLORIFIED CRATE PURSE ITS CRAZY !!!

Suck? 

Even without winning, the combination of Spraker and Warner opens everyone's eyes. They all know that you can park it on any given night, regardless of the track or the competition. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1