----> USD 1060
7th 1,2k ----> USD  909
8th 1k ----> USD 757
9th 800 ----> USD 600
10th 700 ----> USD 530
11th 600 ----> USD 454
12th-30th 500 ----> USD 378

Total Purse = 37,800 ----> USD 28,640

This isn't a shot at Cornwall or anything like that. Good for them for putting up some extra money, but $9,100 to win for 150 laps isn't some amazing, head turning amount that some of the posters on here are making it out to be, Three grand for second in a 150-lapper?

That purse is comparable per lap to the 100-lap DIRTCar Modified series purses. But there are also a bunch of unsanctioned races that make the DIRTCar  purses look terrible.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

This isn't a shot at Cornwall or anything like that. Good for them for putting up some extra money, but $9,100 to win for 150 laps isn't some amazing, head turning amount that some of the posters on here are making it out to be, Three grand for second in a 150-lapper?

That purse is comparable per lap to the 100-lap DIRTCar Modified series purses. But there are also a bunch of unsanctioned races that make the DIRTCar  purses look terrible.

150 laps at Cornwall is nothing..its the smallest track you'll ever see.I talked to quite a few drivers last night..not one of them bitched about racing 150 laps,actually most of them said they were really jacked up for it..and the guys really appreciated Ray putting up good money.Trust me I did'nt hear a whole lot of complaining.Everyone has options if a driver thinks it's not enough coin they could of stayed home

• Like 3

The difference in 100 or 150 laps is not really a big. Its a lot better this way than doing a third of the purse and traveling to 3  50 lappers.

55 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

150 laps at Cornwall is nothing..its the smallest track you'll ever see.I talked to quite a few drivers last night..not one of them bitched about racing 150 laps,actually most of them said they were really jacked up for it..and the guys really appreciated Ray putting up good money.Trust me I did'nt hear a whole lot of complaining.Everyone has options if a driver thinks it's not enough coin they could of stayed home

I agree. 100 laps at Cornwall goes by pretty quick. 150 is no big deal. I've always left there wanting to see more laps. 

4 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

I've been to Cornwall (and other tiny bullrings like Five Mile and Accord) for several SDS races and also got to see Jacques Villeneuive race a dirt Modified there one night long before he ever won the Indy 500 and the Formula One World championship.. On my first trip to Cornwall, we arrived early in the afternoon and even received a tour of  the track from Brian Mulligan.  It's a neat track.

I am just saying some of the posters are over the top in raving about a $28.000/$9,100 to win purse, IMO.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, macho said:

The difference in 100 or 150 laps is not really a big. Its a lot better this way than doing a third of the purse and traveling to 3  50 lappers.

From 12th on back, the race paid $378. One third of that would be $126.for 12th to last in a 50-lapper. Many weekly races are paying $126 to start (some places are paying double that). Again, not making fun. I just think some of the gushing is over the top about how huge the purse was.

I get the money comparison payout Can. vs. Am.  But, it's still $37,000 plus for Raymond. Remember the fans pay in Canadian so it's kinda of a moot point saying he's paying less.  It's STILL equivalent in your countries economy. So if a track is paying a $37.000 plus purse here in the states it's $37,000. If he's paying $37,000 in Canada, it's still costing the promoter $37,000. 

Let's not let that diminish the effort put forth.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

From 12th on back, the race paid $378. One third of that would be $126.for 12th to last in a 50-lapper. Many weekly races are paying $126 to start (some places are paying double that). Again, not making fun. I just think some of the gushing is over the top about how huge the purse was.

Ya but you're taking the exchange rate which isnt quite fair. And 3 50 lappers are triple the travel costs and triple the entry fees. So even if the per lap is about the same it's better for drivers this way. 

34 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

so were gushing a bit about our home track having a big enough purse..I'll apologize for all cornwall people about our extra excitement.This is a big deal for our track and our town to be honest.Races that pay this much just don't happen a lot around here.We have a promoter Raymond Laverne who has been doing a great job.And this Canadian versus American thing is stupid,we live in Canada,we pay Canadian dollars..I assume all the American guys know they're getting paid in Canadian.It was a great race it paid good money..so if were gushing a bit..its kinda cause were proud of our track and a owner promoter that cares.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Stewyfan44 said:

so were gushing a bit about our home track having a big enough purse..I'll apologize for all cornwall people about our extra excitement.This is a big deal for our track and our town to be honest.Races that pay this much just don't happen a lot around here.We have a promoter Raymond Laverne who has been doing a great job.And this Canadian versus American thing is stupid,we live in Canada,we pay Canadian dollars..I assume all the American guys know they're getting paid in Canadian.It was a great race it paid good money..so if were gushing a bit..its kinda cause were proud of our track and a owner promoter that cares.

By no means was I trashing the track about the pay out, I just did the comparing because I was bored and since I already did it, I might as well post it.  In the end if the race is for 1k to win and it packs the joint and the drivers stayed safe and everyone had a great night then it is a successful night.

10 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

8 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

I've been to Cornwall (and other tiny bullrings like Five Mile and Accord) for several SDS races and also got to see Jacques Villeneuive race a dirt Modified there one night long before he ever won the Indy 500 and the Formula One World championship.. On my first trip to Cornwall, we arrived early in the afternoon and even received a tour of  the track from Brian Mulligan.  It's a neat track.

I am just saying some of the posters are over the top in raving about a $28.000/$9,100 to win purse, IMO.

Agree on all counts.

Thank goodness it was you who posted it. And not me.  😆

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 12:54 PM, John Williams said:

Foster, Fister, Faster, it's all related.

That's the wrong order.  It needs to be: fister, foster, faster. 

39 minutes ago, brian moore said:

That's the wrong order.  It needs to be: fister, foster, faster. 

That's just wrong. 🍻

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Don't apologize!

We're thankful for our neighbors to the north!

Our neighbors to the south? Well, look at this example. . .If the race was ran in Mexico, 12,000 pesos would have been $635 American dollars!  Not to mention the travel money.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

I wasn't trying to offend you. I said previously kudos to Cornwall for putting up extra money.. My posts were in the context of people lamenting that there weren't more cars there for the race. That was the reason I wrote what I did about purse/laps.

4 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

I wasn't trying to offend you. I said previously kudos to Cornwall for putting up extra money.. My posts were in the context of people lamenting that there weren't more cars there for the race. That was the reason I wrote what I did about purse/laps.

Those might be valid points, yet 35-50 teams travel to Florida in Feb for $2000 to win each night and then in Nov travel to north Carolina to again run for peanuts... but throughout the regular season the drivers/owners complain about the 1980's purses...  so here a guy puts up a big money 358 race and what 40 cars show up? DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT PURSES IF U AREN'T GOING TO GO TO THE HIGHER DOLLAR SHOWS ANYWAYS

18 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Those might be valid points, yet 35-50 teams travel to Florida in Feb for $2000 to win each night and then in Nov travel to north Carolina to again run for peanuts... but throughout the regular season the drivers/owners complain about the 1980's purses...  so here a guy puts up a big money 358 race and what 40 cars show up? DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT PURSES IF U AREN'T GOING TO GO TO THE HIGHER DOLLAR SHOWS ANYWAYS

Florida and Charlotte are vacations for a lot of race fans/teams, though. A midweek show in Ontario is tough traveling during the middle of the season.

• Like 1