I just read the piece written By Len sammons in the racing paper about godown and his unhappiness at new Egypt. I am sorry but the things I read only a couple things don’t add up to what godown is saying or accusing. 

1. He wants better tech as I can understand that as everyone wants a level playing field but why call out ol man Pauch about the flames from a couple years ago he doesn’t even run there anymore and sorry Ryan when you brought those ERD motors out and were winning big races with them and no one could catch you  no one said you were cheating they just got better so do the same 

2 He wants respect on the track again Ryan, I have to disagree with you in all my years of going to the races one thing you shouldn’t cry about is respect on the track becsuse where I’m sitting you give the least amount of that on any track I’ve seen you race at so glass house! is how is see it you were made to apologize to jr a couple weeks ago and I’m sure having to apologize to a Pauch was the hardest thing you ever had to do in your life but you were wrong and I guess you feel slighted that he didn’t have to apologize to you for being in your way? He didn’t move over for you so you moved him , you had problems ,car was bent from the previous wreck, no brakes at all ? All excuses drivers have used in the past 

3. Petruska’s have always had the best equipment and honestly the best drivers but they even in recent years have had troubles with equipment holding together and in turn keeping the good drivers ,well they fire them before the driver can walk. But your results aren’t much better than the last few drivers who have strapped into that car unfortunately it’s  bad luck I’m  not sure who builds their motors but they should be looking elsewhere I can’t imagine what they have spent in last few years just on that alone I think they have blown 2 Chevy and one dodge alone this year! And then you were surprised management didn’t call you and do what beg? Ask you what they can do to make you stay or to make things better ? Maybe Cater to you ? Honestly looks like your crying and making a big deal about nothing you have already chased off Pauch which was what you wanted and you were hoping you were gonna take over but little Pauch has risen and kind of dethroned you and I’d say your not happy in the sandbox and as some promoters have said in the past “ you don’t like it go race somewhere else “ 

• Like 1

Man...I should have had a bowl of popcorn for that one.  I'll stay mum for now on this thread.  Great post though.

Some that come to mind jerry Higbie, Hearn,friesen,d Johnson, billy Pauch jr , Duane Howard , godown ,varin, Jeff hoetzler maybe ? Who am I missing 

7 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

Another ride that comes to mind is the Thumb 12 car

That's not really a fair comparison. The Thums were in the middle of no where and didn't race weekly if my old brain remembers correctly, maybe Big Diamond a few years. They seemed to race more for the enjoyment of it back then.

• Like 1

Didnt Stewie have a stretch in the 66 as well...

Im with Ranger... I always remember the Thum 12 as the specials car different guys ran when they either needed a ride or were one or 2 time a year deals, like JJ Yeley and the like... not a hire and fire kinda thing...  I thought they were from the Canandaigua area... Bob Miller Im pretty sure knows more on that.

2 hours ago, The Rabbitt said:

Didnt Stewie have a stretch in the 66 as well...

Im with Ranger... I always remember the Thum 12 as the specials car different guys ran when they either needed a ride or were one or 2 time a year deals, like JJ Yeley and the like... not a hire and fire kinda thing...  I thought they were from the Canandaigua area... Bob Miller Im pretty sure knows more on that.

They were from the Northern tier of Pa I believe, Potter County?

14 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

They were from the Northern tier of Pa I believe, Potter County?

Yes they were, from my neck of the woods

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lugnut said:

He wants respect on the track again Ryan, I have to disagree with you in all my years of going to the races one thing you shouldn’t cry about is respect on the track becsuse where I’m sitting you give the least amount of that on any track I’ve seen you race at so glass house! is how is see it you were made to apologize to jr a couple weeks ago and I’m sure having to apologize to a Pauch was the hardest thing you ever had to do in your life but you were wrong and I guess you feel slighted that he didn’t have to apologize to you for being in your way? He didn’t move over for you so you moved him , you had problems ,car was bent from the previous wreck, no brakes at all ? All excuses drivers have used in the past 

There is an old saying, you get back what you give in return. You give "NO" respect you get "NO" respect in return.

5 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

Think of all the drivers who have been in the 66.. kind of like the 5 car

That is why the 66 ride is aka "the toilet seat". It has seen more asses then a toilet seat. 

I don’t get AARN so I haven’t read the article but I can say that Godown hasn’t looked good this year at NES. The car just doesn’t look like it ever has the right setup in it. Unlike years past, every night there are at least a handful of guys that are better (pauch, van horn, bouc, buffalino, etc) than Godown. So I suspect that there’s a lot of frustration given he’s winning at other tracks. Personally, I’m not a fan but with NES hovering right around a full field weekly, you hate to see a driver leave. 

As for tech this year, no one has been dominant unlike in years past at NES. Does that mean tech is doing their job? No. But it’s at least not evident In the results... Pauch, Van Horn, Buffalino, Grosso, Rutski, Bouc, Stangle and Vaclavicek have all won features.

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, Lugnut said:

Some that come to mind jerry Higbie, Hearn,friesen,d Johnson, billy Pauch jr , Duane Howard , godown ,varin, Jeff hoetzler maybe ? Who am I missing 

Laubach and I think Pauch Sr.?

They were the first or second dirt team to go to Billy the Kid for engines but I think they left him and are going somewhere in Canada?

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:03 AM, Lugnut said:

I believe Bobby Varin had 1 win at Orange County starting from the pole, went wire to wire. That marriage didn't last very long. It's a long ride from Sharon Springs to Middletown every Saturday, especially with Fonda being in his back yard.

Team owners son of 66 and Sparta trucking sponsors were at ocfs checking out the racing and improvements last Saturday and the super dirt series race.  Hoping they return to ocfs we’re they had there most successful outings.  4 time eastern states 200 champions.