All-day rain – predicted at 100-percent – has forced the postponement of Wednesday’s ‘Afton Action 50’ at Afton Motorsports Park until THURSDAY, JULY 26.

The Bob Hilbert Sportswear Short Track Super Series (STSS) Fueled By Sunoco will headline the ‘Thursday Night Thunder’ on the Afton Fairgrounds, with a 50-lap event paying big-block/small-block Modifieds a hefty $5,000 to win and $400 to take the green plus contingency awards and bonuses.

This is Race No. 4 of the STSS Halmar International North Region which offers the series champion $12,500 at year-end.

Also on the open-wheel doubleheader is the STSS Crate 602 Sportsman inaugural North Region race, the first of five offering a $1,000 champion, paying $1,000 to win for 25 laps. This series was scheduled to kick off on Memorial Day weekend, but rain prompted the postponement of the opener at Thunder Mountain Speedway in Center Lisle, N.Y., to Sept. 23.

The Crate 602 delayed STSS North opener gives a strong first-to-last payout and the potential to challenge for the series title. 

Additionally, Insinger Performance American Racer Cup Challenge points will be up for grabs toward the Sportsman North Region bonus money offered by Bruce Insinger of Insinger Performance in Dushore, Pa.

19 Drivers have attempted to qualify for each of the first four races in the North series.

Drivers in that list are Friesen, Higbie, Decker, Mahaney, Perrego, Gular, Howard, Williamson, Laubach, Jeremy Smith, Creeden, Sheppard, Krummel, Godown, Nye, Bachetti, Tonkin, Hanson, and Hurlburt.

1 hour ago, RaceStatCentral said:

19 Drivers have attempted to qualify for each of the first four races in the North series.

Drivers in that list are Friesen, Higbie, Decker, Mahaney, Perrego, Gular, Howard, Williamson, Laubach, Jeremy Smith, Creeden, Sheppard, Krummel, Godown, Nye, Bachetti, Tonkin, Hanson, and Hurlburt.

Thanks! That's a pretty telling stat for tonight I would say.

13 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Maybe the track? How was it?

Kind of funny no press put out on last nights race. I did see the finish posted and saw that the Doctor got the hard charger award, finished 9th and started 24th put it looks like only around 12 cars finished the race.

8 minutes ago, RJO said:

Kind of funny no press put out on last nights race. I did see the finish posted and saw that the Doctor got the hard charger award, finished 9th and started 24th put it looks like only around 12 cars finished the race.

The Dr. got the hard charger award by staying out of trouble and having those in front of him drop out for one reason or another. I doubt if he actually passed more than 2 or 3 cars. Kinda like a win from the pole......but you got to stay out front to get that win. The Doc stayed out of trouble and the numbers say he was the "hard charger". Good for him.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Maybe the track? How was it?

I think a lot of guys just pulled off. There was one 4 or 5 car pileup but most cars drove away, nothing else major. Track was pretty narrow maybe a groove and a half. Laubach and Sheppard were the only guys passing on the outside, but Sheppard crashed and Laubach got a flat near the end.

RJO, I'm finishing up my story now.  Got home late after staying late talking to people at Afton.  Love being there.  I started my career in racing there and still have a ton of friends.  Photos were posted last night from myself and Quentin Young and myself.  

Full story is here: http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=20991

I'll have more in 30/40 minutes as well.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Bob Krummel said:

The Dr. got the hard charger award by staying out of trouble and having those in front of him drop out for one reason or another. I doubt if he actually passed more than 2 or 3 cars. Kinda like a win from the pole......but you got to stay out front to get that win. The Doc stayed out of trouble and the numbers say he was the "hard charger". Good for him.

The Dr stayed out of trouble ? Did u let stewyfan44 know about this? Lol