Just to be clear, Deyo got 29 drivers to show up to a shit hole that has lost driver after driver this season. SDS got 29 to the premier facility in the NE...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rpm72x said:

At this moment right now gypsum isnt racing on the series...but have for years...the h&h/ hbr team has has been around for quite awhile now...and after years of these type teams outspending the field(these are not the only 2)...there are 5 to 10 teams for each 1 of theirs that do not want to compete against them any longer...yes your correct they were not the first but they have accelerated the downfall...you can use time trails...draw...blindfold a fan and point to each driver to determine the lineups...guys do not want to go race against the big teams....heres some facts for you...teams like these drive the costs up...drive away competition...drive fans away after the show stays on repeat year after year...yet these teams own tracks...own cars...help a few others...and for all intensive purposes control dirtcar by providing equipment and financial help to keep things like sdw alive...these all keep this leaking boat above water for the time being.

Spot on, who wants to go to a race knowing darn well they very likely are racing for a 3rd place finish at best.

Just a minor question,  how many of you fans have made the entire series. Those of you who have complained about the number of drivers who have made it to every race have been to every race you're self.

11 hours ago, dirt54 said:

Is it possible that maybe we are overestimating how important it is to have all the teams show up at every SDS race for the series to be successsful? Looking at the points standings from years past: 

2011 - 9 races, 11 drivers started every race

2012 - 14 races, 6 drivers started every race

2013 - 16 races, 7 drivers started every race

2014 - 18 races, 13 drivers started every race

2015 - 24 races, 9 drivers started every race

2016 - no starts on the website, just points

2017 - 27 races, 8 drivers started every race

Maybe I am missing something. But it isn't that unusual for the series to have single digit guys attend every race. To be fair, I haven't really followed the tour much until the last few years so I could be missing something obvious, just wrote down what is on the SDS website.

Keep in mind that the SDS website only shows feature starts. It doesn’t show attendance. For example, Brandon Walters attended every SDS race in 2017, but didn’t start Merrittville due to engine issues. There are examples like this in every season.

2 hours ago, brian moore said:

Just a minor question,  how many of you fans have made the entire series. Those of you who have complained about the number of drivers who have made it to every race have been to every race you're self.

Did I miss the sign up for the Platinum Fan Membership?!?!?! I'll gladly sign up for the free admission and gas money. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I dont think its the be all end all to have 20 guys attend every race...but now you are seeing big name guys decide to stay home...when billy decker and tim fuller start to miss races...stew cant attend all of them...and a couple of the 8 that travel to each are not contenders anyways...thats when you are starting to see a real issue..

13 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

I dont think its the be all end all to have 20 guys attend every race...but now you are seeing big name guys decide to stay home...when billy decker and tim fuller start to miss races...stew cant attend all of them...and a couple of the 8 that travel to each are not contenders anyways...thats when you are starting to see a real issue..

Tim missed because of a family members wedding. I for one am happy to see a racer put family first. How many racers through the years have missed family obligations due to racing. My guess...too many.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Keep in mind that the SDS website only shows feature starts. It doesn’t show attendance. For example, Brandon Walters attended every SDS race in 2017, but didn’t start Merrittville due to engine issues. There are examples like this in every season.

Definitely. I don't have the knowledge of that information so I couldn't include it. You could probably add a few guys to each season that attended every event but didn't start a feature for one reason or another. 

32 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

Tim missed because of a family members wedding. I for one am happy to see a racer put family first. How many racers through the years have missed family obligations due to racing. My guess...too many.

Which is totally understandable and i agree with his decision...but for years tim would have raced...for years billy would never had missed a sds race...its their living...and good paying shows are few and far between...

Just now, rpm72x said:

Which is totally understandable and i agree with his decision...but for years tim would have raced...for years billy would never had missed a sds race...its their living...and good paying shows are few and far between...

I could be wrong, but I don't think Billy Decker makes his living driving modifieds anymore.  I thought one of the reasons why he scaled back a few years ago was due to work and family commitments. 

Billy scaled back originally to one night of weekly racing and the series...i talked with him weekly last year at brewerton and his main interest was in the series...the couple times i have talked with him this year...it just seems there are other things incuding the family business that is occupying his time...

There is no question that the state of the sds and the money and time required to be competitive has caused it to lose some of its luster to a lot of drivers that used to be a staple at each event...that started years ago

3 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Now that's being the eternal optimist.  This happens very rarely. Many guys take 2 cars and most would always find a car to at least start the race. Let's not act like the stats are very inaccurate because of that, it's not even worth mentioning.

4 hours ago, brian moore said:

Really...  I do not believe that is the intent...   There are other ways to follow along throughout the season.  I hate the Yankees but I would not say a friend of mine was not a Yankee fan if he did not attend all 162 games a year.  🙄

3 hours ago, GONRACN said:

Really...  I do not believe that is the intent...   There are other ways to follow along throughout the season.  I hate the Yankees but I would not say a friend of mine was not a Yankee fan if he did not attend all 162 games a year.  🙄

I understand that for the fans the options make it possible for us to see every race by, internet ,buying the video or actually going to the race. But for the drivers there is only one. Unless you truly are a professional driver and crew with someone paying for you to travel to all the races I don't think it is possible to do the whole series. I was really wondering if anyone one here had attended every race,  not just watched them on the internet. 

8 hours ago, Scott Friers said:

Did I miss the sign up for the Platinum Fan Membership?!?!?! I'll gladly sign up for the free admission and gas money. 

Exactly..wow

7 hours ago, macho said:

Now that's being the eternal optimist.  This happens very rarely. Many guys take 2 cars and most would always find a car to at least start the race. Let's not act like the stats are very inaccurate because of that, it's not even worth mentioning.

There’s no optimism here at all, it’s a fact. Every season I’ve been with the Super DIRTcar Series, there have been instances where someone was at an event, but something kept them from running the feature. The stats mentioned on the SDS website doesn’t show attendance, it only shows feature starts. I’ll give you another example, over the past 5 seasons, Rich Scagliotta has missed some features due to DNQ’s. Those are not included in the stats because he didn’t start the feature. All facts, no optimism.

30 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

There’s no optimism here at all, it’s a fact. Every season I’ve been with the Super DIRTcar Series, there have been instances where someone was at an event, but something kept them from running the feature. The stats mentioned on the SDS website doesn’t show attendance, it only shows feature starts. I’ll give you another example, over the past 5 seasons, Rich Scagliotta has missed some features due to DNQ’s. Those are not included in the stats because he didn’t start the feature. All facts, no optimism.

You are by no means wrong, that is definitely something that happens every year. But again it might only add one or two drivers. Scagliotta for instance has started every event this year. Missed 7 last year (I'm going to guess those weren't all instances where he attended but didn't start). Again, no stats for 2016. Missed one race in each of 2014 and 2015, so that's likely where he had something happen where he was in attendance. But started every feature in 2011, 2012, and 2013. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dirt54 said:

Is it possible that maybe we are overestimating how important it is to have all the teams show up at every SDS race for the series to be successsful? Looking at the points standings from years past: 

2011 - 9 races, 11 drivers started every race

2012 - 14 races, 6 drivers started every race

2013 - 16 races, 7 drivers started every race

2014 - 18 races, 13 drivers started every race

2015 - 24 races, 9 drivers started every race

2016 - no starts on the website, just points

2017 - 27 races, 8 drivers started every race

Maybe I am missing something. But it isn't that unusual for the series to have single digit guys attend every race. To be fair, I haven't really followed the tour much until the last few years so I could be missing something obvious, just wrote down what is on the SDS website.

I wanted to recreate this and change the dynamic a little bit. I think each year there is base group that attends a majority of the races so here is a year by year view of amount that starts a majority of the features. It probably isn't fair to count out guys that might miss either due to missing Canadian races or having some kind of circumstance occur where they were in attendance but couldn't participate in the feature. Again, I don't know exact info so I'm just going by the numbers.

2011 - 9 races, 13 drivers started 5 or more races

2012 - 14 races, 14 drivers started 7 or more races

2013 - 16 races, 14 drivers started 11 or more races

2014 - 18 races, 16 drivers started 12 or more races

2015 - 24 races, 13 driver started 16 or more races

2017 - 27 races, 13 drivers started 21 or more races

2018 (so far) - 11 races, 13 drivers started 7 or more races 

Now you can see both how many started every feature in a season and how many were likely in attendance for almost all the races. Again, I don't know if this is either bad or good. Just wanted to throw some numbers out there.

3 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Only 25 mods tonight... we already used the Saturday night excuse what's tonight's? Tuesday night's aren't good?

Dont you remember? The SDS is no good cause guys know they're racing for 2nd or 3rd so they stay home.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Only 25 mods tonight... we already used the Saturday night excuse what's tonight's? Tuesday night's aren't good?

As I've said before plan on going to a show this year. Bring a friend or two. No telling how many more years the BB's will be around. Enjoy it while we have it. 25 is better than nothing. 

You car count junkies don’t realize that larger car counts just mean more drivers going home with empty pockets. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

You car count junkies don’t realize that larger car counts just mean more drivers going home with empty pockets. 

Well they could use 5 more tonight and still noone would go home.

• Haha 1