Jump to content



Recommended Posts


14 minutes ago, gary tomkins said:

Current state of the track.

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Such bullshit. Those guys should be shot for what there doing to the place. Sorry but it makes me so mad. This was my place for almost 20 years of my life. But bigger picture it’s suck a great track and grounds, I’m shocked nobody has made an effort to buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toprow said:

Such bullshit. Those guys should be shot for what there doing to the place. Sorry but it makes me so mad. This was my place for almost 20 years of my life. But bigger picture it’s suck a great track and grounds, I’m shocked nobody has made an effort to buy it. 

Efforts to either buy or promote have been met with derision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I shouldnt repeat what I read on Facebook but I read the owner is in jail for fraud or something like that. Anyone know if that is true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Neffro said:

What was  the last event run there? Date and class of car(s)?

 

Didn't they have some modified and double sportsman feature show last summer? One time the sportsmen qualified and raced on Hoosier and the other time on American Racers? I was at that show and there weren't many modifieds and if I remember correctly it was a pretty weak show (I think I remember it being the most boring race I went to last summer). I think it was after the Sheppard/Wight incident at UR because Sheppard broke and I remember a group of Larry fans cheering their heads off when he was getting towed to the pits! I also remember that there was some promotion based on both the number of cars and number of fans and I don't think they reached either number. I hate to see Rolling Wheels look like this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I raced my sportsman there last year for that “big” event. I’ll admit, I always hated going there to watch. But racing there was actually pretty cool. Glad I had the chance to race there, in case it never opens its doors again.   

And yes, I won’t forget how nuts the stands went when Sheppard broke that night lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such fond memories of the wheels.  I spent a lot of time there.  Miss the Labor Day double with the fairgrounds during the day and the wheels at night.  The world of outlaw sprints were bad fast there.  The September weekend,  the rush hour shows, and the salt potatoes!!!   Miss that place terribly.  Stands were always packed order every show.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad, but didn't the clowns on here complain about the place when the new owners were trying their best to hold races? This is what you are going to get if you keep bitching and complaining about your local dirt track.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pinesol said:

Sad, but didn't the clowns on here complain about the place when the new owners were trying their best to hold races? This is what you are going to get if you keep bitching and complaining about your local dirt track.

So true!  

Many (including me), also complained about WRG when they were running the place.  Look what happened.  THEY sold it  .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rich Vleck asked me on Sunday at Weedsport if I had seen the pictures Dean Reynolds posted on facebook of Rolling Wheels. At first I told him no I haven't and didn't want to see them. I also told Rich that I refuse to drive by the place because it might make me cry. I'm not ashamed to admit that. I loved Rolling Wheels. I finally gave in and Vleck showed me the pictures. They made me want to puke.

The first time I went was with my Dad in 1975. I started going weekly in the beginning of 1976 and haven't missed a show there since then. In 1975, the track was barely 6 years old. I've seen the place transform from what it was when it was still brand new to it's glory days before WRG, and now fading into what it is today. I was at the last show and it hurt walking out knowing I wouldn't be back with the current owners still running the show. Seeing these pictures makes me think I have already attended the last show and unless by some miracle someone else buys the place, we all have seen the last show there. If Rolling Wheels operates under a grandfather permit for noise, traffic and dust, they'll need to run an event this year or lose it. This is now August. I don't see it happening.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These pics remind me of a dog tied to a tree in the hot sun with no water , which by the way I hate so bad I could and would beat the owner until I ran out of the last bet of strength in my body then I would grab a gun and ...... Well u know the rest. This is so maddening. So sad and ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TAKE THOSE PICTURES DOWN !!!!!!!!  It's terrible what RWRP has become, the owner should be hung by his %&##@ from a thruway bridge for ALL to see !!!!!!!    At one time one of if not the best track around and now......WELL...….SO SADDDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, macho said:

I know I shouldnt repeat what I read on Facebook but I read the owner is in jail for fraud or something like that. Anyone know if that is true?

The man who is listed on paper as the owner crewed for me in 2013 & I know for a fact that The Wheels was purchased with mob money out of Las Vegas. Jason Palmer is his brother-in-law & was appointed to run the facility.....it has had numerous offers, but they will not sell it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVED THE WHEELS, even from the Albany area is was always a great ride and great race. So sad to see this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone find out if it is available for lease or anything like that.  It could thrive if someone could get together with Weedsport and run a series between the 2 tracks. I'd bill willing to park my RV up there and grade the place to get it ready . Maybe try to talk to whoever is in charge of the place and see if we could get some equipment that companies use as backup put there . Then see if we could get some fans there to mow and pick it up . Run a race based on the gate and see if we could at least keep the place from going under because of the grandfather clause .    Any takers ??? I don't know who to talk to but I would donate some time to help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone who lives close by : Could you check the town rules to see if there is a grandfather clause ???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what a shame..I still remember my Dad bringing me there for the first time..I'm from Cornwall so all I saw before the wheels was a quarter mile bullring.My eyes lit up I could'nt believe the size of the place and the speed was like nothing you see at cornwall.If I had the cash I would buy this place in a heartbeat..what a waste

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spudman said:

Can someone find out if it is available for lease or anything like that.  It could thrive if someone could get together with Weedsport and run a series between the 2 tracks. I'd bill willing to park my RV up there and grade the place to get it ready . Maybe try to talk to whoever is in charge of the place and see if we could get some equipment that companies use as backup put there . Then see if we could get some fans there to mow and pick it up . Run a race based on the gate and see if we could at least keep the place from going under because of the grandfather clause .    Any takers ??? I don't know who to talk to but I would donate some time to help.

 

Been done just very recently by a big player in our sport... result? It sits as is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
















×