Sign in to follow this  
Champcarfan

Stewie Varin incident

Would love to see the Go pro footage from the camera mounted on the 44's rear bumper tonight. Did Stew make a bad choice in traffic and hit the lapped car first before Bobby got into him? Did the lapped car catch the ute tire? Did Bobby really barely get into the 44? From my vantage point I'd call it a racing incident. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Champcarfan said:

Would love to see the Go pro footage from the camera mounted on the 44's rear bumper tonight. Did Stew make a bad choice in traffic and hit the lapped car first before Bobby got into him? Did the lapped car catch the ute tire? Did Bobby really barely get into the 44? From my vantage point I'd call it a racing incident. 

Stewey didn't think it was a racing incident. 

7 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Stewey didn't think it was a racing incident. 

I don't recall a time where a guy gets clipped from behind due to what ever circumstances that ever did....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rsdirt12a said:

Don't need a video when the winner(bobby varin) says in victory lane that he got into him(stewert friesen)"a lil bit"! 

Bobby said that Stewie hit the lapped car and that he couldn't get around Stewie and got into him a little bit. I love both of these clowns so i want to see the video before I tell one of them that they suck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Stew had to check up hard.

I'll avoid the intentional or unintentional by Varin debate. 

Not holding his line and running Ricci up to the wall on the last restart, now that was intentional.🐩

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm not getting into the intentional or unintentional by Varin debate 

Most, but not all drivers were letting Stew pass underneath them. Not to say he wasn't using the whole track to pass and making moves on the top also. Price stayed low and held his line. Stew and Bobby were coming hard through 3 and 4 with Bobby closing the gap quickly the last couple of laps because Stew was being held up by the lapped traffic. Stew got boxed in and got held up. The there was contact. No way in hell did Bobby purposely "tap" him. These guys were balls to the wall. Would love to hear Stews take on it.

42 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not holding his line and running Ricci up to the wall on the last restart, now that was intentional.🐩

I agree. That last one was intentional. Just as the two times Mike got Bobby before that. I believe the first one knocked him from 4th back to 7th. Rocky and two others got by him and it took him several laps to catch back up to Mike. By the looks of things in victory lane there were no hard feelings with any of them, though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Most, but not all drivers were letting Stew pass underneath them. Not to say he wasn't using the whole track to pass and making moves on the top also. Price stayed low and held his line. Stew and Bobby were coming hard through 3 and 4 with Bobby closing the gap quickly the last couple of laps because Stew was being held up by the lapped traffic. Stew got boxed in and got held up. The there was contact. No way in hell did Bobby purposely "tap" him. These guys were balls to the wall. Would love to hear Stews take on it.

I'm pretty sure this is accurate. It's no secret that I love Bobby, and that I may be biased ... even when the matter involves someone else who I love ... like the Stew ... but without seeing a video replay, I'd have to say it was just a racing deal because Bobby seems to have a lot of respect for Stew.  ... ... Got to add .... lapped traffic or not ... no way in hell would Bobby have won if that didn't happen. Stew was widening the gap until that lapped car got involved.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

You must of missed the one restart when varin started on the outside of mike and he ran him up in turn 3...sorry but payback is a bitch.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dirtracer16c said:

You must of missed the one restart when varin started on the outside of mike and he ran him up in turn 3...sorry but payback is a bitch.

Apparently,  you and GC both mention some other stuff. I'm not a fan of, or defending either.
That one at the end was easily discernible and happened in front of me.
Tough to watch the entire field.
My focus was on Hartman most of the night.
Great, clean run through the field by Timmy.
One of the very few to make any passes on the high side.   

Video wouldn't make any difference. Half will say it was racing and the other half will say intentional. Same as now without it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Ricci is a straight up dirty driver. He did the same thing to Randy Green in the heat race and Randy ended up on the bad side of it  I still dont know how they got that car fixed. 

This is a interesting take that I have not heard from anyone that was at the track last night. Like I had said, we couldn't see anything clearly from turn 1 bleachers.

http://www.leaderherald.com/sports/local-sports/2018/08/varin-pitts-take-home-big-wins-from-the-ridge/

Was there anyone there that could see something clearly? Was it too dusty or what?  Been there just twice. But the Ridge certainly does not appear to be a superspeedway

2 hours ago, mwr0055 said:

Ricci is a straight up dirty driver. He did the same thing to Randy Green in the heat race and Randy ended up on the bad side of it  I still dont know how they got that car fixed. 

What? That was totally on Jim Introne diving in 3 wide.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, leroy said:

Was there anyone there that could see something clearly? Was it too dusty or what?  Been there just twice. But the Ridge certainly does not appear to be a superspeedway

The wall on the frontstretch is way too high, plus there was no room in the stands so 200 or so people stood at the fence all night long.

4 hours ago, mwr0055 said:

You can take the driver out of Accord, but you can't take Accord out of the driver.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, burtonfan1995 said:

The wall on the frontstretch is way too high, plus there was no room in the stands so 200 or so people stood at the fence all night long.

That explains everything. It's also why I don't go there. Some day someone is going to get seriously f#$%ed up there and I've seen and been involved in enough of that shit to last a lifetime. You're right... nobody saw a thing because everyone was in each others way.