Sign in to follow this  
Champcarfan

Stewie Varin incident

45 minutes ago, J. Downing said:

Well I guess that settles that, 76 didnt punt the 44 after all. Thank you for the video over all. 

I think you need to watch again

2 minutes ago, Big said:

I think you need to watch again

It was a racing incident caused by Stew's hard braking probably trying to avoid contact with the lapped car

• Like 1

Imagine that. Just as I said. Without video half said this, other half said that. Already with video, half said this half said that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dan dan said:

Imagine that. Just as I said. Without video half said this, other half said that. Already with video, half said this half said that. 

If you are leading the race in the final laps, never slam on the brakes.

Absolutely a racing incident.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 11:40 AM, racer80 said:

Jay....You can't see the passing flag thru the dust

I usually argue with you, but I see your point here. Even with goggles on there are times when I can only see part of the track. I was joking but maybe they should put lights inside the care so the drivers don't miss yellows reds and blues. Them sumbitches never miss the green or the checkered.

• Like 2

The video doesn't really make clear what happened. I don't agree that Stew was already on his way around, but I also don't see intent from Bobby. There's a good chance that Dan Dan is right ... you could have twenty seven 8x10 color glossy photos with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one and you'd still have half saying one thing happened and the others saying it happened the other way. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:41 PM, purdyd82 said:

Here is Stewy's in-car camera.

http://bit.ly/2o7GKTC

I will be posting another video shortly that has a front view. Please make sure you subscribe to my channel and like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GFTL83/.

Did you ever post the other video? I haven't seen it. 

Here is a multi-view video from Stewy's car. Sorry about the shakiness. There was a lot of vibration and the mount loosened up a bit. Hope you enjoy. 

• Like 1

Why not post both views independently? This is edited to try and make it look like it was 100% on Bobby. The real culprit was the lapped car. Stewie would not have intentionally been that far sideways exiting the corner, he would have been straightening out and headed for the outside wall at the flag stand like he did every other lap when no one was in his way. The video shows that ... lap after lap after lap.

3 hours ago, GasketCase said:

Why not post both views independently? This is edited to try and make it look like it was 100% on Bobby. The real culprit was the lapped car. Stewie would not have intentionally been that far sideways exiting the corner, he would have been straightening out and headed for the outside wall at the flag stand like he did every other lap when no one was in his way. The video shows that ... lap after lap after lap.

Gasket, You are a lot smarter than you look.  I was wondering the same thing. I want to see what was in front of Stew that caused him to check up so hard and have Bobby tap him from behind. Cmon man. You said you would post another video that showed the front view but you edited it at contact and showed the same thing you showed on the first video. Not Cool! Appears you are biased by what you show in the video.  Lets see what happened in front of Stew.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Gasket, You are a lot smarter than you look. 

I would have to be. 🤣🤣🤣

I didn't have a great view of what happened but I know Stew was getting held up by a lapped car and Bobby was coming fast. Stew went under the lapped car ... I'm guessing he planned to stay low and drive under him as soon as he went out wide ... and Bobby was suddenly right there. It didn't look like he could possibly avoid him. But again ... my view wasn't so hot. I'd really like to know what happened because they are two of my favorite racing people.

6 hours ago, GasketCase said:

I would have to be. 🤣🤣🤣

I didn't have a great view of what happened but I know Stew was getting held up by a lapped car and Bobby was coming fast. Stew went under the lapped car ... I'm guessing he planned to stay low and drive under him as soon as he went out wide ... and Bobby was suddenly right there. It didn't look like he could possibly avoid him. But again ... my view wasn't so hot. I'd really like to know what happened because they are two of my favorite racing people.

I am in the same boat as you. I was looking into turn one and I looked back to 4 to catch Stew and Bobby and Stew was already looping the car around and Bobby was passing him on the outside. I don't know for sure, but I would have to think Stew made contact  with either one of his front tires or bumper trying to get by the lapped car and Bobby couldn't avoid him. Also Bobby said he barely touched him. Dustin I watch almost all of the videos you put up and I really enjoy them. Please show what Stew encounter looking out the front of his race car. 

Please show both videos unedited. If you are going to edit, Do a split screen so we can see the front view and the rear view in real time.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 11:43 AM, DowntheBackStretch said:

Gasket, You are a lot smarter than you look.  I was wondering the same thing. I want to see what was in front of Stew that caused him to check up so hard and have Bobby tap him from behind. Cmon man. You said you would post another video that showed the front view but you edited it at contact and showed the same thing you showed on the first video. Not Cool! Appears you are biased by what you show in the video.  Lets see what happened in front of Stew.

My intention was to show that Stew got checked up from the lapped traffic in front of him, and I thought that was shown by the view that I had, but apparently I was mistaken. I cut back to the contact to also show that it looked like Bobby attempted to go high. It was a racing deal either way. As far as the biased comment, I could care less either way...I am a sprint car driver. You will never please everyone. Let's move on from this.

On 9/20/2018 at 8:12 AM, GasketCase said:

That was not my intention Gasket. I guess my editing skills still need honing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purdyd82 said:

My intention was to show that Stew got checked up from the lapped traffic in front of him, and I thought that was shown by the view that I had, but apparently I was mistaken. I cut back to the contact to also show that it looked like Bobby attempted to go high. It was a racing deal either way. As far as the biased comment, I could care less either way...I am a sprint car driver. You will never please everyone. Let's move on from this.

Im just giving you my opinion. And I want to point out how much I appreciate all the work you do with the cams and posting a lot of it on here. Not to mention you do a great job when you are behind the wheel of your sprinter. I like watching you race also. Having said that, I would really like to see what you have that shows what Stew encountered in front of him. Good luck today if you are racing at Fonda.

• Like 1