Sign in to follow this  
BobMiller

What is the ugliest race car you've ever seen?

7 hours ago, BillSmith said:

From what I remember, it was built in secret in prep for the Oswego Classic. It was tested by Tim Richmond at Sandusky and it obliterated the track record. When word got out about the car, Oswego revised the rulebook to specify, 4 wheels, "one on each corner of the car."

These are the details as I remember reading them from an old Stock Car Racing or Open Wheel Magazine many years ago, may not be 100% accurate.

That I think is really close to what happen, if not exact.

Here is a video of the Tom Johnson Computer Sprint Car actually winning the D Main at Knoxville.  The car was quite fast but was a handful to handle.  Tom just basically ran out of money to run the car and decided to get out is what I heard.

• Like 1

On the plus side, if you look at all these "ugly" cars, that was when you built them, not bought and bolted on. That's what made them neat to a lot of people. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TheUnderdogBulldog said:

Sail panels aren't that bad (throw tomatoes here!!  🍅🍅🍅) if they're done right.  The panel itself must have the same or a continuous paint job as the rest of the car, especially if you're going to run several races a year with them on. Otherwise, why?  WHY???  See example below.  

normal_2018_34453.jpg

Leo's car on the left looks great with sail panels. The one on the right, Pitts I think, looks like what you are saying about a non continuous paint job. That is Leo's very first time ever in a 358 by the way. 

4 hours ago, Any1butBrett said:

Leo's car on the left looks great with sail panels. The one on the right, Pitts I think, looks like what you are saying about a non continuous paint job. That is Leo's very first time ever in a 358 by the way. 

That's actually Cody Bleau in the 73 and that's the good side of the car.  The other side has been beat up for a while without the sail panels.

Stephane lafrance's run what ya bring car..looked like he strapped a billboard to the top of the thing..but it was crazy fast..it stuck to the track like glue

• Like 1

Not sure what this is...

1462150714330.jpg

On 8/22/2018 at 7:40 PM, TheUnderdogBulldog said:

Sail panels aren't that bad (throw tomatoes here!!  🍅🍅🍅) if they're done right.  The panel itself must have the same or a continuous paint job as the rest of the car, especially if you're going to run several races a year with them on. Otherwise, why?  WHY???  See example below.  

normal_2018_34453.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2018_Ford_Transit_Connect_200_1.5_Front.jpg

When I see sail panels on mods, all I see is a bunch of ford vans going around the track....:thumbdown:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

When I see sail panels on mods, all I see is a bunch of ford vans going around the track....:thumbdown:

That makes 2 of us. Minivan racing.

Welcome to the Soccer Mom 75!
We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge.

3 minutes ago, BobMiller said:

That makes 2 of us. Minivan racing.

Welcome to the Soccer Mom 75!
We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge.

Matt Sheppard's mom beat Stewart friesen's mom in that one. A brawl broke out in the pits afterwards over a juice box getting spilled on the back seat. 

" WE JUST CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS! "

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BobMiller said:

MG_2632.jpg

I don’t know, I feel like Lemons cars should be exempt from this because basically all of them are ugly as sin. 

• Haha 1

I was just trying to keep the thread fresh with new content. Sure beats the hell out of the "Gary Balough is a twice convicted felon and isn't a hero" bullshit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

I was just trying to keep the thread fresh with new content. Sure beats the hell out of the "Gary Balough is a twice convicted felon and isn't a hero" bullshit.

BRB, looking for ugly cars that Balough drove

EDIT: It looks like every race car Gary Balough ever drove was beautiful.

10 hours ago, John Williams said:

29f5vew.jpg

This entire division....

I think we have a winner!!! Not only has it got the acid trip top wing, but it's pea soup green with a cow catcher bumper and babyshit brown contrast colors. Get a load of those nerf bars!

10 hours ago, John Williams said:

311qg03.jpg

This one reminds me of my washer/dryer combo in the laundry room.

HVAC unit races! Whowouldathunkit?

On 8/23/2018 at 7:26 PM, dundeedm said:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9778.0;a

Merv's abortion trying to keep up with the Batmobile.

Actually the car was fast 

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I think we have a winner!!! Not only has it got the acid trip top wing, but it's pea soup green with a cow catcher bumper and babyshit brown contrast colors. Get a load of those nerf bars!

Those are UK F1/F2 stockcars. (F1 is unlimited motors, F2 is I think 4-cyl). Full contact, NO CAUTION FLAGS (they do red flags if flipped or track is blocked). Contact is not only expected but encouraged. It is insane.

Fortunately, they only have 1\4 mile or smaller tracks so it's actually safer than short track racing over here.