Sign in to follow this  
PatsJags14

More short tracks coming 2020

I read an article today that nascar will be looking to add more short tracks to the schedule in 2020 with a lot of the contracts ending with the 1.5 mile tracks. This is great news and hopefully comes to fruition 

• Like 1

I can't see that happening because either ISC (France family) owns the tracks or Speedway Motorsports owns them. They are not going to take money out of their own pockets (ISC). And if they strip Speedway Motorsports of races, Bruton Smith is going to sue the hell out of them.

Unless the France family buys out Bruton ... to then only take races away from themselves? 

I would love to see more short tracks from a racing perspective, but from a business perspective, I don't see it happening.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, BillSmith said:

I can't see that happening because either ISC (France family) owns the tracks or Speedway Motorsports owns them. They are not going to take money out of their own pockets (ISC). And if they strip Speedway Motorsports of races, Bruton Smith is going to sue the hell out of them.

Unless the France family buys out Bruton ... to then only take races away from themselves? 

I would love to see more short tracks from a racing perspective, but from a business perspective, I don't see it happening.

I have to agree with you Bill because off the top of my head I think that the only tracks that are not in the France or Smith holdings are Pocono and I think Dover. Maybe the Truck series but nothing else.

On 8/27/2018 at 4:42 PM, RJO said:

I have to agree with you Bill because off the top of my head I think that the only tracks that are not in the France or Smith holdings are Pocono and I think Dover. Maybe the Truck series but nothing else.

Pocono, Dover and Indianapolis are the 3 not owned by ISC or SMI

• Thanks 1