Sign in to follow this  
upsheetzcreek

DIRT Million - T-Mac

In checking the results of last nights race, TMAC didn't qualify in heat and was a DNS in B-Main, and wasn't a provisional so what Happened ????  :ermm:

4 hours ago, upsheetzcreek said:

In checking the results of last nights race, TMAC didn't qualify in heat and was a DNS in B-Main, and wasn't a provisional so what Happened ????  :ermm:

Flipped the night before on lap 1 of his prelim feature and didn’t have a backup car.  They said he drove there with a dually and a single car trailer.  

Not sure what is going on with their regular transporter, but he had the same issue at the World 100 at Eldora 

The red Sweeteners Plus hauler requires a driver that has a CDL license, Sweeteners only wants a driver who works for them so they can't just pickup a driver off the street. Sweeteners wants to pay that driver by the mile but a race team will only do 1,000-1,500 miles per week so no driver is going to take that kind of a pay cut.

This year has had one problem after another, cars problems, engine failures, no hauler driver, etc.

The car that was destroyed on Friday at Mansfield was a three race old Longhorn that had a 8th, 1st and 2nd in it's three starts.

The level of competition on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series is not matched on any other dirt racing series in the country and if you are off a little you are off a ton and this year has shown that for the #39 team.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Flipped the night before on lap 1 of his prelim feature and didn’t have a backup car.  They said he drove there with a dually and a single car trailer.  

Not sure what is going on with their regular transporter, but he had the same issue at the World 100 at Eldora 

They don’t have a CDL driver to drive the hauler every weekend, and at recent races where they did have a CDL driver around, they’ve been using  a plain white toter/stacker combo. 

He touched on Longhorn not hiring anybody with a CDL in a DoD interview not long after the Dream. 

There is an easy way to fix that...tmac can go get a cdl like many other drivers have done...simple problem simple answer

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rpm72x said:

There is an easy way to fix that...tmac can go get a cdl like many other drivers have done...simple problem simple answer

Not that simple, Tim has already said he does not have the time to get a CDL and the team is based in Trinity, NC not in upstate NY where Tim lives.

2 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

They don’t have a CDL driver to drive the hauler every weekend, and at recent races where they did have a CDL driver around, they’ve been using  a plain white toter/stacker combo. 

He touched on Longhorn not hiring anybody with a CDL in a DoD interview not long after the Dream. 

They said on Dirt On Dirt that they towed this week with a pickup and a single trailer... no toter... 

14 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

They said on Dirt On Dirt that they towed this week with a pickup and a single trailer... no toter... 

They did this week, and they did at the Dream. In between those two races, though, they have been using the white toter/stacker. 

Quite a shame for such a talented driver! 

There is a truck driver shortage. At least that's what all the national news keeps saying. They keep wondering why no one wants an a job that pays $80,000 a year. Then they go into interviews of drivers who all make 40 to 50 thousand a year. For a beginner driver to make 80 grand a year he has to have a very good dispatcher and live in the truck all year. The government is doing their part to add to the problem by mandating computer logging in the trucks. Who wants a job where the government is in complete control of you 24/7. All time violations are now immediately reported to the company and must have consequences from the company or the company will suffer the consequences. The computer GPS knows the speed limit at the location of the truck. Over speed is immediately sent to the company. Anybody want a job with a tattletale in the passenger seat telling everyone when you do anything wrong. I think these drivers are going to have to rethink their transportation system. 

• Like 5

not sure what the going rate is in usa but i think cdl drivers in ontario canada get around. 28 to .35/mile which equates to 300 to 525 bucks a week. you mean to say they cannot find a retired or semi retired driver for that kinda money. i know i know you said someone who works for them so put him on the "payroll"

2 hours ago, brian moore said:

. Anybody want a job with a tattletale in the passenger seat telling everyone when you do anything wrong. I think these drivers are going to have to rethink their transportation system. 

Well at least your getting paid...…..You could be married and have to pay for that privilege.   

• Haha 1

I am married,  when we go anywhere I make her drive. I don't work for free. After 32 years of driving. 19 of them as a truck driver.  The thrill is gone. I don't drive if I don't have to. 

17 hours ago, brian moore said:

There is a truck driver shortage. At least that's what all the national news keeps saying. They keep wondering why no one wants an a job that pays $80,000 a year. Then they go into interviews of drivers who all make 40 to 50 thousand a year. For a beginner driver to make 80 grand a year he has to have a very good dispatcher and live in the truck all year. The government is doing their part to add to the problem by mandating computer logging in the trucks. Who wants a job where the government is in complete control of you 24/7. All time violations are now immediately reported to the company and must have consequences from the company or the company will suffer the consequences. The computer GPS knows the speed limit at the location of the truck. Over speed is immediately sent to the company. Anybody want a job with a tattletale in the passenger seat telling everyone when you do anything wrong. I think these drivers are going to have to rethink their transportation system. 

The shortage is so true, anyone in PA want a job?  My dad's trucking company would love to talk to you.  The E-logs aren't really the devil the old timers make them out to be.  If you're running legal you won't even know it's there.  The ones that are going to feel it are the guys who ran beyond the rules.  The guys who turned a coffee stop into a lot lizard party then ran hammer down to make delivery times.....that's not even uncommon.    

And on topic, if they're only paying their hauler driver by the mile they're not going to get anyone worth a damn to drive a race hauler.   

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 6:05 PM, mccreadiefan939 said:

Not that simple, Tim has already said he does not have the time to get a CDL and the team is based in Trinity, NC not in upstate NY where Tim lives.

There is an off-season to racing...go get a cdl... if you want to race for a living with a team out of nc and have your car transported with a stacker...re locate there during race season and drive it....there are a lot of dirt racers that do just that...I love tmac but he is not Jimmie Johnson...he doesn’t race nascar....and apparently the team isn’t concerned about paying going rate for a race hauler driver...I’ve never seen a stacker win a dirt race so I don’t feel it’s necessary....but it probably hurts not having a spare car and all the needed tools and parts when you travel the country racing for a living

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, luke81 said:

The shortage is so true, anyone in PA want a job?  My dad's trucking company would love to talk to you.  The E-logs aren't really the devil the old timers make them out to be.  If you're running legal you won't even know it's there.  The ones that are going to feel it are the guys who ran beyond the rules.  The guys who turned a coffee stop into a lot lizard party then ran hammer down to make delivery times.....that's not even uncommon.    

And on topic, if they're only paying their hauler driver by the mile they're not going to get anyone worth a damn to drive a race hauler.   

It's not uncommon for national touring teams to have a paid crew guy that has a CDL. Two birds, one stone.

• Like 1

Bottom line is , if you want to run with the big boys you better have the budget for all this stuff . Talent alone in the driver seat isn't enough anymore , it's been proven 

26 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

It's not uncommon for national touring teams to have a paid crew guy that has a CDL. Two birds, one stone.

I have also watched Bloomquist roll into tracks more than once driving his own rig. I have no clue what Tim does during the offseason. But how many years has Tim been racing now?  Seems like he could of found some time somewhere along the way to go get a CDL? 

Regardless , it does seem kind of odd that the team would not show up better prepared for a race paying as well as what Mansfield was offering . 

When was the last time those guys raced for 200,000 to win?

Also seems odd to me that another team with a backup car wouldn't have put Tim in it.  Kind of double their chances.

From what I read Tim was pretty sore after the wreck. The team could of arranged for a back up to be delivered but they decided not to race the next day and loaded up and headed home. Tim has had the most success with this new car which is exactly like what he ran last year. Other cars were different from last year with a different engine combination. 

42 minutes ago, leroy said:

I have also watched Bloomquist roll into tracks more than once driving his own rig. I have no clue what Tim does during the offseason. But how many years has Tim been racing now?  Seems like he could of found some time somewhere along the way to go get a CDL? 

Regardless , it does seem kind of odd that the team would not show up better prepared for a race paying as well as what Mansfield was offering . 

When was the last time those guys raced for 200,000 to win?

I’ve seen Bloomer drive his own rig before too.

And the last time late models ran for that kind of money was 2001, when they ran for a legit million.  

On 8/28/2018 at 11:25 AM, Josh Bayko said:

Obviously....  :p