Sign in to follow this  
RJO

News from Afton Raceway

13 minutes ago, thatXXtruck said:

Just posted on Afton's Facebook.  Nerf footballs will be allowed this week.

Does it say only right behind my car or can i go anywhere?

”Order of races on Friday for hot laps, heats, and features.
Crates.
SS.
Mods.
Opens.
IMCA.
Truck.

As always pits open at 4 pm, grandstands at 4:30 pm, hot laps at 6:15 pm, and first heat at 7 pm.

No increase in admission, no increase in feature race distances, championship points awarded, handicap used for heat and feature lineups, everyone races in a feature..

Nerf footballs allowed for tailgating for all of our DTD friends.

Hoping to see a few invaders from The Hill, Five Mile Point, and Penn - Can."

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Danny said:

I’d like a copy too please Downeronthebackstretch.

Id hate to be responsible for another track closing.

We had no idea we were graced with a tailgate aficionado.

So no nerf footballs at MetLife and Afton..

Got it ! Horseshoes only.

Nerf at every other track we’ve been to east of the Mississippi,  eehhh Josey.

Nothing more pitiful than to go to the stock car races and see a couple of dorks throwing a nerf football around fantasizing that they are the star quarterbacks in a championship game. Lol. I get it now. You were never good enough to make the team. Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Nothing more pitiful than to go to the stock car races and see a couple of dorks throwing a nerf football around fantasizing that they are the star quarterbacks in a championship game. Lol. I get it now. You were never good enough to make the team. Lol.

This is just such a dumb response that I wonder if you are doing this on purpose to piss people off. If someone wants to throw a nerf football before a race while they are hanging with friends and family then they must be some kind of loser who didn't make a team? Maybe I'm different from others but I could not care less what anybody else wants to do before, during or after the race as long as it doesn't have an affect on me. Why should I look down on someone because they want to have a good time with friends? Are we getting back to that stupid "I'm a better race fan than others because ________" topic that was on here awhile ago? Congrats, you're the best race fan! You win!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dirt54 said:

This is just such a dumb response that I wonder if you are doing this on purpose to piss people off. If someone wants to throw a nerf football before a race while they are hanging with friends and family then they must be some kind of loser who didn't make a team? Maybe I'm different from others but I could not care less what anybody else wants to do before, during or after the race as long as it doesn't have an affect on me. Why should I look down on someone because they want to have a good time with friends? Are we getting back to that stupid "I'm a better race fan than others because ________" topic that was on here awhile ago? Congrats, you're the best race fan! You win!

Here is THE POINT... I do not want to go to a race and while I am enjoying myself in the parking lot before the show starts, talking to my friends, meeting different people, enjoying food and beverage, and having some great conversation, I do NOT want some jerks throwing a nerf football over my head and bouncing it off my truck or one of us or knocking over our food, drinks, etc.  Ive seen it happen more than a couple of times. If it is so damn popular maybe tracks can set up a designated area so all these people can play with their nerf footballs and not be disruptive to others. That is my POINT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Here is THE POINT... I do not want to go to a race and while I am enjoying myself in the parking lot before the show starts, talking to my friends, meeting different people, enjoying food and beverage, and having some great conversation, I do NOT want some jerks throwing a nerf football over my head and bouncing it off my truck or one of us or knocking over our food, drinks, etc.  Ive seen it happen more than a couple of times. If it is so damn popular maybe tracks can set up a designated area so all these people can play with their nerf footballs and not be disruptive to others. That is my POINT.

You're like the old grumpy neighbor who used to steal our sports balls when they went in his yard when we were kids......

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Your doing a lot of assuming in that respond. Who even said they were throwing the football over peoples heads &  cars. Hell I had 2 guys throwing a real football not nerf by the way near my camper @ Oswego Classic last weekend. By your standards I should have called the cops or ran them off the property. Get a grip. Life is too short to get this upset over simple things like throwing a nerf football. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, montess said:

Your doing a lot of assuming in that respond. Who even said they were throwing the football over peoples heads &  cars. Hell I had 2 guys throwing a real football not nerf by the way near my camper @ Oswego Classic last weekend. By your standards I should have called the cops or ran them off the property. Get a grip. Life is too short to get this upset over simple things like throwing a nerf football. 

You should've got the horse shoes out....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

The only point you have made clear is that you have no point.

Big man calling kids jerks too. Real nice.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dirt54 said:

54 , in appreciation of your common sense response and excellent punctuation, you’re invited to be our inaugural honorary member of the nerf toss and have the key to the city.

Okay, no key to the city but your welcome to raid the liquids cooler and endless supply of candy bars as well.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, macho said:

Does it say only right behind my car or can i go anywhere?

I was gonna stop with this thread but after reading this I’m laughing so hard I think I peeed in my nerf undies.

Not to worry though. It bounced right out.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Danny said:

The only point you have made clear is that you have no point.

Big man calling kids jerks too. Real nice.

when did he call kids jerks??? Nobody mentioned anything about kids until you.

2 minutes ago, oilman said:

Their reading comprehension is very poor. Montess states I am making assumptions. He needs to read again and maybe he will be able to understand what I wrote. Nothing about assumptions at all. Just talking about what I have seen with my own eyes. Danny boy is the one who is complaining because they wouldn't let him play with his nerf ball. 

1 hour ago, oilman said:

You’re late to the party but I’ll play and explain the obvious.

Some of those throwing the nerf football in the near empty lot, not within a half a football field of the nearest person, were kids.

But Dirt54 was right.

You’re the best Downer.

You win.

You clobbered me on this one. 

All your pointless babble makes perfect sense now.

Appreciate you being a stand up guy and supporting the cause against the evils of playing catch.