Sign in to follow this  
27jfan

Accord Speedway vs Fulton Speedway

I was just on the Accord Speedway website and noticed the King of the Catskills is on a Saturday , September 29th this year . On September 28th there will be safety tech and practice . The Fulton 200 is on the same day . 

Yes and they are also going against the STSS sportsman race at Bethel. Not sure why they would not just do it on a Friday night.

I was trying to figure out the same thing . They race all year on Fridays then on one of their biggest races of the year they race on Saturday . 

5 hours ago, 27jfan said:

I was just on the Accord Speedway website and noticed the King of the Catskills is on a Saturday , September 29th this year . On September 28th there will be safety tech and practice . The Fulton 200 is on the same day . 

No brainer, Fulton!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RJO said:

No brainer, Fulton!

Wish I could , but I can't afford to go there this year 

There's quite a bit running against Fulton this year for whatever reason. I doubt you'll see any PA/NJ cars this year as Bridgeport has their $10,000 to win King of the Big Blocks that night.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, KB19 said:

There's quite a bit running against Fulton this year for whatever reason. I doubt you'll see any PA/NJ cars this year as Bridgeport has their $10,000 to win King of the Big Blocks that night.

That's kind of been the norm for the past few years. There haven't been too many guys making the trip north for the 200.

Once Fulton went away from the sail panels and any tire, for the most part, all you get is the DIRTcar regulars so I don't see any issue with Accord running. Totally different show.

1 hour ago, chas71 said:

Once Fulton went away from the sail panels and any tire, for the most part, all you get is the DIRTcar regulars so I don't see any issue with Accord running. Totally different show.

They run sail panels at the Fulton 200

13 minutes ago, 27jfan said:

They run sail panels at the Fulton 200

Not for 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DIRTCar97 said:

Not for 2018.

Didn't realize they changed it again . 

4 hours ago, chas71 said:

That is the deal. The Fulton 200 gets further and further away from Outlaw rules each year.  Not surprising that  tracks are running against them. 

• Like 3

Fulton and the 200 has gotten to a point where only the big name guys or less are running it. you will get your local and south people to run accord or someplace else. The Hoosier vs american racer tire difference will also be one that that sways peoples decisions. 

I would like to see:  530 c.i. limit, open tire, any racing fuel or alcohol & minimum weight the same for ALL cars......other than that....anything goes

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:16 AM, RJO said:

That's kind of been the norm for the past few years. There haven't been too many guys making the trip north for the 200.

In the last 5 or so years Doug Manmiller, Craig Von Dohren, John Willman, Gary Hager, Ryan Watt, Billy Pauch Jr, Craig Von Dohren are just some of the guys off the top of my head that have entered.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rpm72x said:

What is the purse for accord...I believe Woodhull runs against the 200 with a 3 or 4 k to win show as well...

Not sure , I think it was $5,000 last year .

On 9/8/2018 at 6:28 PM, predmore13 said:

Yes and they are also going against the STSS sportsman race at Bethel. Not sure why they would not just do it on a Friday night.

The STSS sportsman race at Bethel is Sunday SEPTEMBER 30.

The Outlaw 200 had its biggest car count utilizing dirtcar 358 rules in either 04 or 05. Then everyone packed up and headed to Rolling Wheels for the rescheduled 200 that night. 

• Like 1

I thought it was much bigger before DIRT/DIRTcar had anything to do with it, and it was still the Victoria 200.

• Like 2