Sign in to follow this  
racer64

New Promoter at Fonda

2 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Will it be weekly or specials only?

i WILL READ THE STORY BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS WEEKLY OR SPECIAL SHOWS, AS OWNERS WE NEED TO KNOW, SPECIAL SHOWS HAVE BIG IMPLICATIONS ON FONDA REGULARS & THEIR PLANS FOR 2019, I KNOW A DAY WON'T KILL US BUT WHAT'S THE BIG SECRET?

We assume it will American Racers, Sunoco fuels & NO Dirtcar! Engine combo's same as Deyo runs in his special show? Methanol & sail panels? Big question is it a full season or special shows?

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, REDDFOXX said:

i WILL READ THE STORY BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS WEEKLY OR SPECIAL SHOWS, AS OWNERS WE NEED TO KNOW, SPECIAL SHOWS HAVE BIG IMPLICATIONS ON FONDA REGULARS & THEIR PLANS FOR 2019, I KNOW A DAY WON'T KILL US BUT WHAT'S THE BIG SECRET?

We assume it will American Racers, Sunoco fuels & NO Dirtcar! Engine combo's same as Deyo runs in his special show? Methanol & sail panels? Big question is it a full season or special shows?

Let me clarify myself, the question is Brett Deyo going to run  a "Special Show" once a month at Fonda or is he going to run a full season of Sat night shows like they have run at Fonda for 65 years. Special shows leaves us regulars, a  Sat night racer with out a weekly home track. With Afton, 5 Mile Point possibly not racing, & being 100 mile tow if they are, we would like to know what the plans are, we have concluded our 2018 season & have already started to prepare for 2019 & it appears there are major changes happening at Fonda, wouldn't you like to know?

3 minutes ago, jodyr said:

Story in AARN is weekly until Fair break in August. 

Thank you jodyr, if that's the case & you are correct, that will make many of us feel a lot better!

"They either die a hero, or live long enough to see themselves become the villain."

Cant wait for a year from now when Brett goes from being the savior of northeast racing to the guy every fonda regular wants to lynch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Quick thoughts based off of the press release:

Increased purse for drivers and lower admission for fans. Win-win.

Not seeing word on sail panels in the release (please no!). The STSS doesn’t run sail panels in the south, so it’s possible they don’t run them at Fonda. One can hope.

Hard¬†to believe that¬†‚Äúbig small blocks‚Ä̬†will not be the hot setup at Fonda next year.

As a fan of the autumn 200 lappers, I’m glad to see the 200 lap season finale return to Fonda. 

• Like 2

I must say that the press release answers many questions concerning Fonda & the 2019 season. The answers are better than the rumors that have been floating around for the last week, there were a lot of nervous racers & fans. 

I feel that Pete, Matt & Family did well by Fonda Speedway in their time there, they saved the speedway when there were no serious or viable promoters looking to take it over. Were they perfect no, but they put their hearts & souls into saving the old lady, & put up with a lot of BS in the interim. They are like most of us racers, average guys with a love of the sport, no big buck backers, the just made the best of what was available to them, just like you & me! I think we as a whole will miss them but it's time to turn the page & open a new chapter in Fonda's history 

I wish Brett Deyo the best in his new venture. I also look forward to the 2019 season at Fonda with a clean slate & a lot of optimism! Congratulations Brett, she's in your hands now!

• Like 5

If anyone can save Fonda it’ll be Deyo. 

What is it about the drivers there that creates such division between the promoter and the pit area?

• Like 1

As far as Fonda Speedway Promoter's go, I guess we can unshackle Pete from the whipping post and shackle Brett Deyo up to it.  DeLorenzo cleaned the place up immensely. Redid the bathrooms, painted the covered grandstand,new infield bathrooms,all new restaurant equipment in the concessions, did away with the No Re-Entry and brought in new clay. the clay surface was a nightmare for Matty D and the race teams. After 2 years Matt said enough was enough and picked up his toys and went home. Pete came in and righted the ship and the speedway might not have been sailing off into the sunset but at least it was floating. Pete announced at a pit meeting back in August that he had a 2yr extension. He was informed of that by Fonda Fair President Rich Kennedy. Then Kennedy reneged on the extension and informed Pete they had an offer $20,000 more than what he was paying. Rich then said that if Pete matched the offer he could remain as Promoter. When DeLorenzo left, they had an open bid to see who would take over. How come no bid this time? What if someone wanted to bid higher than Brett? Pete's contract is over on Oct.31st. I highly doubt Pete is going to let anyone do anything to the speedway before Nov.1st unless they fork over some money.  There seems to be something fishy going on with this fair board. How do you tell Pete one thing then all of a sudden do another deal? If you read the AARN article it states that Pete was not going to return. FALSE !!! Brett Deyo did not put this deal together overnight. I was told by another local promoter back in late August what was transpiring. He nailed it with everything but who was preparing the track. What transpired here was more of a COUP than anything else.  Well, I guess it is what it is. With the possible closing of Afton Motorsports Park and whatever is going on at Five Mile Point, I believe they run the STSS rules, Fonda might have some teams travelling north on Saturdays. One issue I see is with the Modified's and the engine combo's. Will the big blocks be competitive with the big small blocks? I guess we'll have to wait and see when the gates open next year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1