Sign in to follow this  
LaVoix

Sheppard banned from Fulton again

5 minutes ago, Scott Friers said:

From Matt's FB post it seems pretty clear that they did reach out with no definitive answer from the speedway.

Matt personally, or a "they" speaking on his behalf?

Maybe it's not Matt who John is upset with....

Maybe it is the thought of Matt winning the money... highly doubt that the reason though, been a while since a gypsum car won and John wasn't upset handing cash to any other driver...

5 minutes ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Fulton Speedway doesn't need Sheppard to be there to ensure they have a great race weekend. Everyone is beating him now anyways.  Not so super lately.

Great point, he's fallen fast. It will probably be a better race without him anyways, wouldn't want him holding up the leaders! Where is he in the SDS standings now anyways? (And before you tell me that Friesen is much better, which I probably agree with, that would still put him in second and I'm under the impression that a top 3 driver in the region is still pretty "super")

• Sad 1

Ok. If my son checks anybody, it's an accident. He is  " too nice " according to his coach.  He avoids collisions. A 250 lbs defensemen who doesn't want to hurt people.  Unless they step in front of his slapshot,  that's usually funny. 

But if he checked someone, then attacked them again when they were trying to get up. He would never skate again. I would set fire to everything he has that is hockey related. 

Consequences. It prevents incidents from happening in the first place. 

37 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

Still wondering why everyone feels John is the one who has to give in on his beliefs and Matt should just be allowed to race without an effort to repair the relationship. 

As per the quote on the Facebook page, Matt thanks Dave Rausher. It makes me very curious why Matt would not/could not ask John himself? Why should Matt+crew be welcomed back if they can't even make the effort to right a wrong themselves?

His personal facebook page (which is handled by Matt) and not his fan page (which I think his wife handles?) makes it clear he attempted multiple times to reach out to John and got nothing, and only got a reply when he went through an intermediary.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dundeedm said:

https://youtu.be/0kiTy_rBtSk

That's because you never got in to Christian Rock!!!!!!  

That absolutely SUCKED!

Allow a Heathen to introduce you to Christian rock - the good stuff. Ever heard of Sister Rosetta Tharpe?

8 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

yep!!everyone has to grow the hell up..I also have a son who plays hockey and let me tell ya, a lot of stuff happens out there.You just have to get over it.hanging on to this grudge is just plain dumb.If Matt's willing to apologize..then the wight's should get over it.

As if racing down the back chute at UR over 100 mph and violently flipping is categorized as "a lot of stuff happens out there". Then as the driver unbuckles and is trying to get out of the car some moron grabs him and pulls him to the ground and starts wrestling with him, not knowing if he has a possible serious neck or back injury. The Wights should "get over it"? You cant be serious! Punk move to pick on a guy you know you can handle. Especially after a violent wreck like that.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

yep!!everyone has to grow the hell up..I also have a son who plays hockey and let me tell ya, a lot of stuff happens out there.You just have to get over it.hanging on to this grudge is just plain dumb.If Matt's willing to apologize..then the wight's should get over it.

Who says Matt is willing to apologize? His personal Facebook page said he called John to see if he was allowed to race this weekend. There was not one mention of him saying he apologized or was willing to apologize. Where are you getting this information from? 

At the end of the day, it's John Wight's sand box and he can decide who can or cannot play in it. Whether or not we agree with the decision, makes no difference. It will still be a great race weekend with a packed pit area, camping area and grandstand.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

As if racing down the back chute at UR over 100 mph and violently flipping is categorized as "a lot of stuff happens out there". Then as the driver unbuckles and is trying to get out of the car some moron grabs him and pulls him to the ground and starts wrestling with him, not knowing if he has a possible serious neck or back injury. The Wights should "get over it"? You cant be serious! Punk move to pick on a guy you know you can handle. Especially after a violent wreck like that.

Couldn’t agree more. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DowntheBackStretch said:

Fulton Speedway doesn't need Sheppard to be there to ensure they have a great race weekend. Everyone is beating him now anyways.  Not so super lately.

Serious???? EVERYONE is beating him???? Is more than a 100 point lead on the SDS not enough for you??? This post is now in the running for dumbest post ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macho said:

Serious???? EVERYONE is beating him???? Is more than a 100 point lead on the SDS not enough for you??? This post is now in the running for dumbest post ever.

Actually it's 95 points, and point is he's not winning every one like he was , so not that dumb of a post .. many others ahead of it for dumbest

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Bob I think that was before my time:)

It was 1964 - the very end of the black and white television era.

8 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

in all seriousness Kingdom Bound Concerts at Darien Lake are something all should attend once.

I'll just take your word for it. If I needed to get juiced up on Jesus, I'd attend a Bluegrass fest somewhere.

While I think the decision kind of sucks, there are some good points made here.  And I don't think any of us know the answer to all of it.  But if Sheppard hasn't personally stood in front of the Wights and apologized (and i do think they're due an apology) then I'm not sure I'd have him back at my track either.   

• Like 3

I would say I was sorry for 20 g .. ( I am sure he knows he can win) so it's worth an apoligy . We all do crazy stuff when we r pissed .. let's move on and learn from the past mistakes ..

I don't think Larry would care... he would rather beat Matt on the track than listen to all this crap...  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, foster said:

Actually it's 95 points, and point is he's not winning every one like he was , so not that dumb of a post .. many others ahead of it for dumbest

Big difference between not winning like he was and EVERYONE is beating him now. He's also had 4 or 5 flats on the SDS where if he doesn't get them he just may be dominating like always. Bottom line is John knows there's a better chance of one of his 'boys' getting the money without Matt there. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, macho said:

Big difference between not winning like he was and EVERYONE is beating him now. He's also had 4 or 5 flats on the SDS where if he doesn't get them he just may be dominating like always. Bottom line is John knows there's a better chance of one of his 'boys' getting the money without Matt there. 

I really really, really, really really, dont think money is the issue. really really.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, macho said:

Sure there is .. 

14 minutes ago, Justracing44 said:

I really really, really, really really, dont think money is the issue. really really.

Only a fool would think money isn't a part of it in some way. 

16 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

All I think is in life as a parent there's no doubt your child is as precious as they come. When parents involve kids in sports tempers flare. Brian I think your son plays hockey. A player turns and your son cross checks him from behind but not on purpose and he goes down and is shaken. Gets up but shaken. Should your son no longer be allowed to play hockey? Matt I'm sure will tell you it's one of those moments in life he wishes he could have back. What about when Larry admitted I believe but could be wrong to taking out Mike Mahoney. Racing is heated at many times. But at the end of the day each racer more than likely would do whatever they could to help another racer. I bet Larry would rather have Matt run. if Larry wins everyone will say ya because your Dad keep Matt from racing.  You didn't beat Matt! Larry doesn't need an extra favors to win races. Larry is a very talented racer. I can remember the first time I watched him race at the Clayton arena in a go kart. He ended up climbing a wheel and ended up on his head. He was shaken but that's the first day I meet the Wights. They have done a lot for our sport. I would say more in the last 15 years than anyone I feel. In closing I will say you can Forgive and try and put stuff in the past but it Doesn't mean you have to Forget how you were Hurt:( 

The time you are talking about at Clayton he DID NOT climb a wheel and land on his head... he came dumped me like multiple other times at multiple tracks through out the year so i let him in front of me and drove over the top of him on the restart. He never touched me again. The wights think they can do what they want when they want and it started right from the beginning 

• Thanks 1