Sign in to follow this  
LaVoix

Sheppard banned from Fulton again

As per Matt Sheppard Facebook page, he will not be invited to compete for the Outlaw 200 this week-end in Fulton for a second consecutive year. The answer of John Wight? Maybe next year.

Not a Super Matt fan but the decision from Wight is bullshit!

• Like 5

Hopefully EVERYONE understands how awful this is for racing no matter who your favorite driver is and doesn't support the Fulton Speedway and the Outlaw 200 weekend.

• Like 3

I know I'm going to get bashed for bringing this up again, but how can you ban someone for "heat of the moment" actions by Shepard at UR & Let drivers do the same friggin' thing (heat of the moment actions) at your own track & even go so far as to provide the culprit with a car to race the next night????.....can you say Hypocrisy

• Like 1

Hate it for racing because you want all the best drivers for a big race.  I see both sides of the fence from a fan standpoint.  I guess the wights feel matt’s Actions were so severe they need to penalize him for however long they think.  

• Like 1

Not much of a 9s fan, but this happened more than a year ago. Punishment was meted out and time served. Last year I was for the ban. This year they should let Matt run.

• Like 2

I'm far from a Matt Sheppard fan..but this is ridiculous.I've been in a few hockey scraps in my day..and for the most part their forgotten after the game.wight has to get over it..he's a businessman for God sake

We have all had someone do something to us in our life that totally crushed us:(. We have all done something to someone else that has really hurt them maybe not physically but emotionally even if we didn't intend it that way:(( I think a good lesson can come from listening to this song:)) 

2 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

We have all had someone do something to us in our life that totally crushed us:(. We have all done something to someone else that has really hurt them maybe not physically but emotionally even if we didn't intend it that way:(( I think a good less can come from listening to this song:)) 

I love the Lord with all my heart, but christian music drives me crazy.... It's seems so cheesey and I don't think Jesus was one bit cheesey.... Then again maybe there's something wrong with me...

Sad.   I guess Wight didn't want his boys to get their asses kicked. Makes Wight, his son, and buddies look like total wimps.  Lost all respect.  Boycott the race.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I‚Äôm not a Sheppard fan...and I have been a Brewerton/Fulton homer my whole life...I understood the ban last year...didn‚Äôt totally agree with it...but understood. To continue this on over a year later is rediculous. It now screams ‚Äúim sick of losing money to Matt‚ÄĚ and is completely apparent they do not want to compete against him. It‚Äôs low class. For Matt...I‚Äôm betting the more attention that he can now pay for the bigger prize next week will once again prove to be worth it. Maybe if the red cars focused more on going fast and less on child games they could beat him outright¬†

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

John is a father first. He may have been a business man long before he became a father.  But once you become a father, you are a father first. I respect his decision. He has one son. Matt's actions could have taken that away. I wouldn't let others force me to invite him to my party either. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Still wondering why everyone feels John is the one who has to give in on his beliefs and Matt should just be allowed to race without an effort to repair the relationship. 

As per the quote on the Facebook page, Matt thanks Dave Rausher. It makes me very curious why Matt would not/could not ask John himself? Why should Matt+crew be welcomed back if they can't even make the effort to right a wrong themselves?

I would have to believe John is the type that would accept a conversation with Matt to at least attempt to bury this grudge for the betterment of both their interests if Matt made the effort. Not like Matt couldn't walk over to Larry's pit some night and get the ball rolling.

When this first came up last year, most all on here assumed this grudge was because of Matt at Larry's tussle at UR after the flip. There were posts on this board from a member that gave a pretty credible/believable and justifiable reason as to why Matt+crew were banned. The comments are still searchable on here. 

As a father, I know boys fight... I wouldn't ban anyone on that alone. I have to believe John didn't make it where he is in life holding a grudge over two angry racers wrestling after wrecking each other.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I have been saying all day that Matt had all year to ask for a face to face meeting. Some things don't just blow over and require swallowing your pride and dealing with your or your crew's actions. No boycott from me or my buddies. It's our favorite race weekend of the year with or without Shepperd. There will be plenty of talk about it, and even some complaining, but the race will go on with us watching it.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, leakin_fluids said:

Still wondering why everyone feels John is the one who has to give in on his beliefs and Matt should just be allowed to race without an effort to repair the relationship. 

As per the quote on the Facebook page, Matt thanks Dave Rausher. It makes me very curious why Matt would not/could not ask John himself? Why should Matt+crew be welcomed back if they can't even make the effort to right a wrong themselves?

I would have to believe John is the type that would accept a conversation with Matt to at least attempt to bury this grudge for the betterment of both their interests if Matt made the effort. Not like Matt couldn't walk over to Larry's pit some night and get the ball rolling.

When this first came up last year, most all on here assumed this grudge was because of Matt at Larry's tussle at UR after the flip. There were posts on this board from a member that gave a pretty credible/believable and justifiable reason as to why Matt+crew were banned. The comments are still searchable on here. 

As a father, I know boys fight... I wouldn't ban anyone on that alone. I have to believe John didn't make it where he is in life holding a grudge over two angry racers wrestling after wrecking each other.

From Matt's FB post it seems pretty clear that they did reach out with no definitive answer from the speedway.

All I think is in life as a parent there's no doubt your child is as precious as they come. When parents involve kids in sports tempers flare. Brian I think your son plays hockey. A player turns and your son cross checks him from behind but not on purpose and he goes down and is shaken. Gets up but shaken. Should your son no longer be allowed to play hockey? Matt I'm sure will tell you it's one of those moments in life he wishes he could have back. What about when Larry admitted I believe but could be wrong to taking out Mike Mahoney. Racing is heated at many times. But at the end of the day each racer more than likely would do whatever they could to help another racer. I bet Larry would rather have Matt run. if Larry wins everyone will say ya because your Dad keep Matt from racing.  You didn't beat Matt! Larry doesn't need an extra favors to win races. Larry is a very talented racer. I can remember the first time I watched him race at the Clayton arena in a go kart. He ended up climbing a wheel and ended up on his head. He was shaken but that's the first day I meet the Wights. They have done a lot for our sport. I would say more in the last 15 years than anyone I feel. In closing I will say you can Forgive and try and put stuff in the past but it Doesn't mean you have to Forget how you were Hurt:( 

4 minutes ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

All I think is in life as a parent there's no doubt your child is as precious as they come. When parents involve kids in sports tempers flare. Brian I think your son plays hockey. A player turns and your son cross checks him from behind but not on purpose and he goes down and is shaken. Gets up but shaken. Should your son no longer be allowed to play hockey? Matt I'm sure will tell you it's one of those moments in life he wishes he could have back. What about when Larry admitted I believe but could be wrong to taking out Mike Mahoney. Racing is heated at many times. But at the end of the day each racer more than likely would do whatever they could to help another racer. I bet Larry would rather have Matt run. if Larry wins everyone will say ya because your Dad keep Matt from racing.  You didn't beat Matt! Larry doesn't need an extra favors to win races. Larry is a very talented racer. I can remember the first time I watched him race at the Clayton arena in a go kart. He ended up climbing a wheel and ended up on his head. He was shaken but that's the first day I meet the Wights. They have done a lot for our sport. I would say more in the last 15 years than anyone I feel. In closing I will say you can Forgive and try and put stuff in the past but it Doesn't mean you have to Forget how you were Hurt:( 

yep!!everyone has to grow the hell up..I also have a son who plays hockey and let me tell ya, a lot of stuff happens out there.You just have to get over it.hanging on to this grudge is just plain dumb.If Matt's willing to apologize..then the wight's should get over it.