modman

Tim McCreadie Qualifying For Sunday

It looks like he will have to do the same thing he did last year. Be in the Top 6. Because he will be in his late model on Friday and Saturday in Pittsburgh. 

1 hour ago, Justracing44 said:

he will get in even if he doesn't get "in". amazing how many quick provisional happen

Agree.  If they need to use the Danica Daytona stopwatch for time trials - they'll do it.  He'll get in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 22racingteam said:

They start what 43 cars? How many even showed up last year? If I remember correctly only a few didn't make the show 

2 minutes ago, dundeedm said:

There is no way he could get a provisional when he doesn't compete all week.

And he runs the competing Lucas LM series. How could he possibly get one?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dundeedm said:

There is no way he could get a provisional when he doesn't compete all week.

That sure would be a slippery slope considering the others who burned up fuel and tires all week and didn't get in. And he doesn't even follow the WoO series.

• Like 2

Just now, modman said:

I would rather see Timmy get a provisional over someone else. 

Over someone who has competed all week? You think Tim should just be able to show up and be qualified?

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Mike Coleates said:

And he runs the competing Lucas LM series. How could he possibly get one?

Some big short track races will get certain people in no matter what.  Once over 20 years ago the Oxford 250 was a totally unsanctioned Super Model race.  They legitimately gave 1 provisional to the NASCAR Busch North Series point leader.  You could kind of understand since he may have brought some fans even though those were different kind of cars. But a couple years later they gave a NASCAR Busch Series provisional to driver Stanton Barrett.  However, he only ran less than 1/3 of the Busch Series schedule that season and absolutely no one had come to see him run a Super Late model.  But he had worked track years earlier, had raced one season at the track also years before, and most importantly was good buddies with the promoter which is the real reason they let him in the race. 

8 minutes ago, dundeedm said:

Over someone who has competed all week? You think Tim should just be able to show up and be qualified?

Yes. Yes I would. He would put on a show going to the front. Better that than someone running around for a few laps and pulling out of the race. 

• Confused 1

There were no provisionals for those races. Never have been. Back in the day only the regular Super DIRT Series gave you a provisional if you won. If the winner already had a provisional it would go to the next car not already qualified. Plus it qualified you for the Winners Classic.

• Like 1

I hope by stating it is a shame he doesn’t have a provisional by winning the Florida points that I was insinuating that he should automatically get in.  I was simply saying I think it is a better race if he is in it.  By no means do I believe he should get In just because he is Tim McCreadie.  As a race fan I believe all the big races are better when The talented drivers are in it instead of start and parks.  I understand earning your start and parks are part of it and those drivers earn that right.

44 minutes ago, MHL941 said:

I hope by stating it is a shame he doesn’t have a provisional by winning the Florida points that I was insinuating that he should automatically get in.  I was simply saying I think it is a better race if he is in it.  By no means do I believe he should get In just because he is Tim McCreadie.  As a race fan I believe all the big races are better when The talented drivers are in it instead of start and parks.  I understand earning your start and parks are part of it and those drivers earn that right.

I think you posted that just to give DIRTcar the idea.   Just in case they had not already thought of it :santa: :lol:

• Haha 1