Ok for a fun post what was your first Super Dirt Week you attended. How many have you attended and what's your favorite memory of all you've attended. Be cool to see everyone's posts and not bashing

I went almost every year from 1986 to 2000. I also went in 2003 and 2010-11. 

The longest i ever went was Thurs to Sun. 

First was '83. Have not been since 2015. Total attended was 24. Best memory was '92 Outlaws Kinser and Haudenchild. Epic.

I started going in '72, the first year. always had my camper by the walk through pit gate in the infield so I could have electric...Missed 3 years while over seas in military then all but last year..but am going again this year …….I believe in some way they were all good but of course I'm one of the die hard types and just Love DIRT TRACK RACING,  I don't really complain to much, just give me a decent RACE and I'm Happy.....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, slojunk91 said:

First was '83. Have not been since 2015. Total attended was 24. Best memory was '92 Outlaws Kinser and Haudenchild. Epic.

That was really quite a race. I don't know how they never wrecked. I see clips of it today and say that was insane. 

• Thanks 1

1992 was my favorite..Toby Tobias Jr won the mods that year.I'm getting all my yrs mixed up here..but I'm pretty sure that was the year I had my truck out there helping pack the track..they put the call out to everyone with a truck to help pack the track because of the rain.I know The race Toby won in 92 was rain shortened.

My first was 1987.  My uncle had an extra ticket and brought me along.  I only saw my regular Saturday night track up to that point.  I was just awe struck by the mile.  After that I went almost every year except for a couple due to work schedule. My favorite memory was every year I went there and camped outside the track off turn three and playing cards with the boys before heading over to the ghetto for the nights Activities.  All the memories are my favorite moments in life. I looked forward to it the most every year, year after year.  Those are som of my most cherished memories.

My first year was ‘87. Went every year until 1994. Haven’t been back since. 

1998 was my very first and I’ve only missed 2 since then. My favorite memory was being the beer carrier for dad and all his buddies at the ghetto party. 

First was 1985 Jack Johnson held off Hearn and Bob McCreadie for the win..

Best show wasn't even the big race, it was 1990 and Toby Tobias put on a show for the ages in the Non-Qualifiers race.

Every year since 74 (with an asterisk) as far as I can remember.  Didn't originally go in 2005, but ended up going to the rain date. 

Not sure the year but Stewart Friesen driving from 20th to win in the last 80 laps, no one dropped out, no one ran out of fuel, he just passed all of the cars and most of it was down on the outside.

• Like 2

1980 I lost my virginity in the Ghetto to someone in a batman fire suit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, 4th Turn said:

1980 I lost my virginity in the Ghetto to someone in a batman fire suit.

Thank god cell phones and social media weren't even thought of!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dundeedm said:

First was 1985 Jack Johnson held off Hearn and Bob McCreadie for the win..

Best show wasn't even the big race, it was 1990 and Toby Tobias put on a show for the ages in the Non-Qualifiers race.

Jack won in 84

Whoops had that backwards, Hearn held off Jack and Bob. 

I remember now Jack complained that Hearn wouldn't give him room cause he was clearly the faster car.

• Thanks 1

It was 1979! We had a pop up camper and camped right near where the bathroom were in infield on backstretch. The following year we went down and camped along the railroad tracks between the fence and railroad waiting to get in on Monday. Yes I said Monday. We would usually be about 4 or 5 in line. A couple from New Jersey were usually first and Dave Stonebraker mom and dad were second. This went on for I think 3 years then they moved us up on the hill. First year I was about 7 th in line. After that year I would watch for a sign and be there on the day you could start staging. Old Blue, our camper went to I believe 32 Super Dirt Weeks at the mile. We were usually always the first camper in line and to get through and had the 2 spots on the the back row just as you came up the back stretch tunnel. I've meet so many people through working on there race cars to balancing tires with my golf kart and going from pit to pit. One of my fondest memories is the year I built a special body for Roger Lareno. I had it sealed up so it would suck a rag 3 feet from in front of the car . We lost a lap. Made it up the old fashion way by earning through pitstops and were running 4th with about 10 to go and got CDed!!:))) I think we may have gotten to 3rd if we didn't get wrecked. I've meet people I would have never meet in my life through Dirt Week!:)) It's not the same anymore:((( not only has the venue changed but I lost my mom this past Jan 11. It's been a really had year cause I cared so much for her! She use to sell 50/50 tickets at the tracks, helped me on the parts trailer , and loved going to Super Dirt Week. I know she would want me to enjoy myself so that's what I'll try to do. She hasn't been in a couple years cause she was in the hospital during the last 2. She always said I'm going next year!:) I'm sad it never came;(

• Sad 2

My first year for SDW was 1994 for Outlaws and 358s on the mile. This is also my favorite memory.

Within my first 10 minutes in the grandstand I watched Billy Pauch put down the Syracuse lap record and the fastest sprint car lap ever. Pauch then shocked the Outlaws by winning a really excellent feature race. With my local tracks at the time being Flemington and East Windsor, I couldn’t have been more excited to see the result against the nationally known dirt stars like Kinser and Swindell. 

My first Super DIRT Week was 1990. I always wanted to go before that but never could afford it because I was newly married with 2 kids. Steve Pesarek and I were real good friends and he knew my financial situation. He told me he had an extra ticket, but I really think he bought it specifically for me to be able to go. Brett Hearn won that day and while I wasn't really a big Hearn fan, that race still sticks out as one of my favorites because Steve and I had a riot. And the seats were awesome... they were as high as you could go and still see under the crows nest. That was the only time I ever watched the race from the stands too. The following year I got hooked up with DIRT TV.

1999 was a good year because my brother and I cleaned up on the TV Crew pool. He drew Kenny Tremont who won and I drew Kenny Brightbill who finished 2nd.

2003 was another favorite because I got to see Alan Johnson win.

2006 was the year Danny Johnson passed Jimmy Horton on the back stretch rubbing the outside wall and I shot that view from turn 3. That still remains to this day as one of my favorite shots.

And 2013 was the year Billy Dunn won. Billy and I became friends earlier that year from him running Canandaigua, and I was also friends with his truck driver and crew guy Craig Palmieri. I became friends with Palmieri from his flagging days at Canandaigua several years earlier.

never missed one went to every one and watched the grandstands come down in jan.  haven't been since

• Sad 1