Jump to content



Sign in to follow this  
mart96

World Finals - Modified List

Recommended Posts


The weather for next week isn't looking so good for Charlotte. Obviously the forecast could change and not even hit the track.  Rain is forecasted for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

What do they do about not so favorable weather? They run later into the night? Any curfew? They push it into Sunday? Monday? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, inthecuse said:

The weather for next week isn't looking so good for Charlotte. Obviously the forecast could change and not even hit the track.  Rain is forecasted for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

What do they do about not so favorable weather? They run later into the night? Any curfew? They push it into Sunday? Monday? 

One year it rained on Friday so they ran double shows on Saturday.

One year it rained on Saturday and they ran it Sunday afternoon. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Lindberg will be headed south with his 28ZT for this race...….would love to see him do well in only his second race in a big block. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleo - Charlotte will be the proving ground. I'll be watching him when I can.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, inthecuse said:

The weather for next week isn't looking so good for Charlotte. Obviously the forecast could change and not even hit the track.  Rain is forecasted for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

What do they do about not so favorable weather? They run later into the night? Any curfew? They push it into Sunday? Monday? 

Since Thursday is just time trials for the Late Models & Sprints along with time trials and heats for the big blocks, I suspect if they lose Thursday that they'd run the Thursday portion on Friday afternoon.

Losing either Friday or Saturday night would become more problematic.  They've run in the afternoon before but I think the track gets fairly abrasive when they run in the afternoon, so I wouldn't think a doubleheader would be ideal. 

I also think that the WoO Sprint Banquet is Sunday night, so that rules out running Sunday night. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

Since Thursday is just time trials for the Late Models & Sprints along with time trials and heats for the big blocks, I suspect if they lose Thursday that they'd run the Thursday portion on Friday afternoon.

Losing either Friday or Saturday night would become more problematic.  They've run in the afternoon before but I think the track gets fairly abrasive when they run in the afternoon, so I wouldn't think a doubleheader would be ideal. 

I also think that the WoO Sprint Banquet is Sunday night, so that rules out running Sunday night. 

The late model banquet is also Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a curfew at Charlotte and it's a hard one too.  11:00pm - no if, ands, or buts (I think because of that 3am talked about earlier).  They ended up making this past weekend's Short Track Championship a Saturday/Sunday show because of the weather and that they had 9 divisions and over 400 cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheUnderdogBulldog said:

There is a curfew at Charlotte and it's a hard one too.  11:00pm - no if, ands, or buts (I think because of that 3am talked about earlier).  They ended up making this past weekend's Short Track Championship a Saturday/Sunday show because of the weather and that they had 9 divisions and over 400 cars.

😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya'll should have seen the track Sunday.  They started racing around noon.  The bottom groove was black by 2:00, and just got wider as the afternoon went on.   The UMP Mods started their feature around 5.   Kype Strickler decided to go out of the black and up into the chunky clay.   He started passing about 3 cars each time he went into 1 and 2.  Got up to 2nd place behind Nick Hoffman, and Hoffman decided to go up into the clay.   So Strickler went low into the black, planted his left front and spun out.  A lot of guys started running the top after that, but nobody could make it work like Strickler.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are only Tuesday and weather can change, but it is not looking too promising for Friday... I remember a few years ago when they had done 2 shows in one day, the track was too abrasive for the tires in the afternoon as it was really sunny outside, I think all the guys in the Modified had blew up at least once, they had pushed the Sprint Car feature to the start the evening event...

They also ran on Sunday once 2 years ago because of poor weather, the track was less abrasive as it was cloudy... let's hope it gets better for Friday evening...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ric said:

 A lot of guys started running the top after that, but nobody could make it work like Strickler.

They don't call him the "high side tickler" for nothing... lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday is looking more like a Iron Thunder or Twin Peaks kind of day. Right now it is at 90% chance of rain all day long. Add on another day for Sunday just in case that is the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Brett The Jet is going to make a landing down at Charlotte? I think if he didn’t skip a bunch of SDS races this year he’d easily be in the top 3 in points, possibly leading since Super Matt didn’t do all that great. Kinda sad when an old guy like The Doctor is still making a challenge for top 3!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, blowinblackboogers said:

Does anyone know if Brett The Jet is going to make a landing down at Charlotte? I think if he didn’t skip a bunch of SDS races this year he’d easily be in the top 3 in points, possibly leading since Super Matt didn’t do all that great. Kinda sad when an old guy like The Doctor is still making a challenge for top 3!

Am I missing a joke here because Brett was at every SDS race and is basically nowhere in the standings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, macho said:

Am I missing a joke here because Brett was at every SDS race and is basically nowhere in the standings.

With 900 plus wins, that geat big ol hauler, with all those big dollar sponsors, a pit crew the size of the NJ Giants, and a new pair of Oakley sunglasses before each race, there is nooooo way you’re gonna tell me he was at every SDS race and isn’t leading in points? He’s the GOAT!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TRAPPER88X said:

Friday is looking more like a Iron Thunder or Twin Peaks kind of day. Right now it is at 90% chance of rain all day long. Add on another day for Sunday just in case that is the case.

That's the hard part about this event for those of us that fly in.  It makes it difficult because if you plan for the rain out you end up spending an entire day just waiting for your flight home, but if you don't account for a rain out there is a solid chance you're going to miss one of the days since they don't usually double up like they used to.

Rain or no rain, my flight leaves Charlotte at 9:30am Sunday morning... Here's to hoping the weathermen are wrong... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

That's the hard part about this event for those of us that fly in.  It makes it difficult because if you plan for the rain out you end up spending an entire day just waiting for your flight home, but if you don't account for a rain out there is a solid chance you're going to miss one of the days since they don't usually double up like they used to.

Rain or no rain, my flight leaves Charlotte at 9:30am Sunday morning... Here's to hoping the weathermen are wrong... 

My guess is the preference is to run a double show on Saturday as I’m sure many people are in that boat. They did this a few years back when Friday got rained out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FondaFan16 said:

That's the hard part about this event for those of us that fly in.  It makes it difficult because if you plan for the rain out you end up spending an entire day just waiting for your flight home, but if you don't account for a rain out there is a solid chance you're going to miss one of the days since they don't usually double up like they used to.

Rain or no rain, my flight leaves Charlotte at 9:30am Sunday morning... Here's to hoping the weathermen are wrong... 

entire day waiting for a flight home.... Its Charlotte! go to Nascar hall of fame. Go explore the city!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
















×