Sign in to follow this  
Goggles Paesano

Bob or Tim McCreadie - Who Has the Better Career??

Both these guys are legendary in my mind now that Tim won the World 100.  If you had to say - who has had a better career?  Please don't say both or that they ran different eras, etc. or you will win the DTD weenie milk toast award.  Which one?  

• Haha 1

Bob by a mile... not only a great wheel man, he can take credit for making his cars fast in the garage too. 

I don't recall any bounties being placed on Tim for being unbeatable?....

• Like 1

I think even Timmy would bow to his father. Bob had multiple track championships, series championships, and big race wins. In a modified Timmy never came close to equaling that feat. Bob is also one of the few modified drivers that has beat the Late Models in a Modified vs Late Model competition. Cars were much different then but still. 

Timmy is a great driver and has been lucky enough to take the chances his Dad never got. He is a great talent. Very few drivers even get a chance to race in the Chili Bowl let alone win it. If it wasn't for a lack of money backing him he also would of been a pretty good NASCAR career.

• Like 1

Here's something that makes this answer 

easy!!!!!!!!!! 

Bob's success opened many doors for Timmy. Many never get those chances. Timmy has done well but I don't think anywhere near the consistency. Other than last night this year wasn't ultra productive for Timmy. In racing there are those races when a driver tries a different setup and it makes the rest of the field look bad. I'm glad last night happened to be one of those nights for Timmy. 

• Like 2

Cant compare a regional serie with a National series. Bob wouldnt have whatever 500 wins following the late model series. I think Tim's biggest accomplishment is better than Bob's biggest that being WoO Champion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, macho said:

Cant compare a regional serie with a National series. Bob wouldnt have whatever 500 wins following the late model series. I think Tim's biggest accomplishment is better than Bob's biggest that being WoO Champion. 

Over all yes, Tim has a few very big wins and a National Series Championship, But he never really equaled Bob's accomplishments in winning and probably never will. But in the end they both have and will have great careers to be proud off.

Timmy has taken great advantage of his opportunities in racing. But I know in my mind Bob would have been as successful if he was given the same opportunities.

Wins wise, Bob. Notoriety wise, Tim by a wide margin. Far more people care about Tim’s big accomplishments than they do Bob’s. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Josh Bayko said:

Wins wise, Bob. Notoriety wise, Tim by a wide margin. Far more people care about Tim’s big accomplishments than they do Bob’s. 

Except it's not a popularity contest.

• Thanks 1

I have great respect for both,but I have to give the edge to Tim.I'm just basing it on the quality of competition Tim has to battle with.And you have to give a lot of credit to a guy who win's the biggest races in dirt..the chili bowl and the world 100 are huge wins to put on the resume.And I think in the near future you could add a SDW victory or 2 to the list

Tim has had a great career...and has had a lot more national success....but bob is a legend...people all over the dirt racing world know of barefoot...Tim has a ways to go before he reaches that status....while his big wins are indeed huge on a national level...lots of drivers have won them once as well...careers are not defined by just about winning a few big races....maybe a couple championships...it’s the longevity of greatness....bob was at the top of his game for a lot of years against the best historical competition that dirt Modifieds had to offer...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rpm72x said:

Tim has had a great career...and has had a lot more national success....but bob is a legend...people all over the dirt racing world know of barefoot...Tim has a ways to go before he reaches that status....while his big wins are indeed huge on a national level...lots of drivers have won them once as well...careers are not defined by just about winning a few big races....maybe a couple championships...it’s the longevity of greatness....bob was at the top of his game for a lot of years against the best historical competition that dirt Modifieds had to offer...

Tim has won the biggest Late Model race, the biggest Midget race and features all over the country, but he has a ways to go before as many people in the dirt racing world know him as a guy who won in one division in the Northeast corner of the country? (Scratches head).

People in the dirt racing world don't know the guy who won the Chili Bowl, the World 100 and a WoO championship? 

The Chili Bowl, in particular, is not a race where lots of drivers have won once. Look at the win list. It is a race that has been dominated by a handful of drivers, especially over the past 15 years.

• Like 2

The thing is, Tim isn’t revered in late models and certainly not midgets as Bob was in dirt mods.

Its sort of like Richie Evans compared to any of the mod drivers who made it to cup, say Geoff Bodine. Arguably, Bodine had more career accomplishments than Evans because he won in more classes and nationally,  but Evans is revered, because he was best in class for years. Same with Bob. 

Bob has his name at Charlotte, and I don't think he raced in NC more than a handful of times. But yet all the big names in Dirt racing know who Bob McCreadie is. They know who Timmy is also, but because of his national accomplishments. Bob was just a small budget (cough cough) team, who raced in the Northeast but yet his reputation is international.

Don't bother asking Timmy or Bob. Timmy told me Bob is the best ever because he won everywhere he went. Bob told me that Timmy is  better than him because his level of competition is much tougher. Me? I say both because they ran different eras.

I want my DTD Weenie Milk Toast Award now ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macho said:

Except it's not a popularity contest.

If you’re juding their careers, it kinda is.

At the end of a career, people only remember the big ones.

5 hours ago, Josh Bayko said:

If you’re juding their careers, it kinda is.

At the end of a career, people only remember the big ones.

That's what she said......

Nobody mentioned 2 other Tim McCreadie milestones... WoO LM RoY and WoO LM 1st ever last to first at Huron, SD.

Bob. 

I live just north of  Watertown. I worked at can am for 9 years and have been around racing my whole life. I have heard all the stories about Bob from the people who where there when they happened. I have also seen Tim's career from the go-karts at the little track behind the grandstands to where he is today. I think of it as a chain of events that has continued from bob to Tim. From the circumstances from where Bob started to where he ended up  was an incredible story.  I think there is even a book about it. 😁 

Tim had the privilege to grow up being Bob's son and learning about the dedication and work involved to be a winning driver.  He had the best teacher in making a car go fast that you could ask for.  So where Bob's career left off Tim's career took over. I think Tim is an awesome driver, but I don't think he would be as successful as he is if he didn't enter this world being the son of the legend. 

• Like 2

They're both gods amongst men. Why even water it down with a debate? You could make lists that are 100000's of pages long for both of them with their accomplishments. 

I'm just glad I can say I was lucky enough to watch them both. *shrugs*

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, brian moore said:

I think Tim is an awesome driver, but I don't think he would be as successful as he is if he didn't enter this world being the son of the legend. 

I won't deny that Tim had opportunities that a lot of other guys don't. I get that. But he still has to make good on those opportunities as they present themselves because the car doesn't drive itself just because your father is an icon. Jordan McCreadie's career is starting at a slower pace. That doesn't mean that there isn't future greatness in Jordan, but compared to Tim, he hasn't evolved as quickly and they share the same dad.

• Like 1