Sign in to follow this  
premiumdiesel

Godown Decked @ Grandview

Stayed in thier lanes? Is this slot car racing? The good thing is no one got hurt. Close racing has contact and incidents happen . But if you hit a guy coming out of 4 then you wreck him coming out of 2 the next corner I think you need to take fault. 

I've watched the video multiple times, I still just call it a racing incident. Everyone was running hard, you just can only run 3 wide for just so long before somethings going to give.  No one is to blame, they were all just racing hard.

• Like 2

Drivers at the tracks Ryan usually competes at have been putting up with his over aggressiveness for years and it has reached the point that they aren't living with it anymore.  I will admit this, when he first moved up to the modifieds, I admired his aggressiveness.  BUT, there is a difference between driving aggressive using your head and driving with a disconnect between your brain and your right foot.  While I agree that this one is by no means his fault, he is the victim of his own past.  Other drivers are quick to blame him because he has been in the center of this kind of thing far to many times in the past.  The "plow" handle really has kinda been earned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, HowieTheHat said:

Drivers at the tracks Ryan usually competes at have been putting up with his over aggressiveness for years and it has reached the point that they aren't living with it anymore.  I will admit this, when he first moved up to the modifieds, I admired his aggressiveness.  BUT, there is a difference between driving aggressive using your head and driving with a disconnect between your brain and your right foot.  While I agree that this one is by no means his fault, he is the victim of his own past.  Other drivers are quick to blame him because he has been in the center of this kind of thing far to many times in the past.  The "plow" handle really has kinda been earned.

Check's in the mail!

Sincerely, 

Billy Pauch

I feel like everyone is focusing on the wrong thing here. The crash it’s tge big story here, it’s the actions that occurred afterwards and the punishment that should be handed down. Being parked for the night isn’t enough he was out of his car and running around on the back stretch immediately after the accident

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PatsJags14 said:

I feel like everyone is focusing on the wrong thing here. The crash it’s tge big story here, it’s the actions that occurred afterwards and the punishment that should be handed down. Being parked for the night isn’t enough he was out of his car and running around on the back stretch immediately after the accident

Not everyone.

But yeah,   I am thinking the same

15 hours ago, 18kylebusch said:

@nick. Being forced low caused Manmiller to enter the 1st turn at a bad angle. He had to load up the right rear earlier. This increased his forward bite and he couldn’t turn away from the guardrail. 

lol. "couldn't get away" It was a racing deal. 

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

Grandview gonna’ Grandview...

Running three wide at Grandview is always a dicey situation. ESPECIALLY coming off of the corners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tygarl said:

Running three wide at Grandview is always a dicey situation. ESPECIALLY coming off of the corners. 

Definitely. It's been that way as long as I can remember, and I doubt that ever changes unless they change the track.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:49 AM, BobMiller said:

If I had any say in the matter...

The 44 car gets parked for 2 weeks and the 357 gets parked until he watches the video and decides what his own penalty should be. I know Godown doesn't have a squeaky clean reputation either, but Gary Silverman was all over this. Godown did nothing wrong in this instance.

wbxsfn.jpg

9 hours ago, PatsJags14 said:

This does recall an incident at East Windsor.  Back in the awesome times when Brightbill, Cozze, Pauch, Horton, Hoffman, VonDohren, Wade Hendrickson...and a handful of other capable shoes were at the track weekly and one night Pauch and Hoffman got into it outside their cars between turns three and four.  Don Jones didn't give two sh*ts about giving anyone a time out card.  Didn't matter who you were.  For tge tussle...Hoffman and Pauch both had to apologize to Jones before returning.  Forget how long the drivers held out.

7 hours ago, John Williams said:

wbxsfn.jpg

That's pretty funny if I do say so myself :yes:

I'm just wondering why I would want a column in AARN though. To be a fashion consultant?

5 minutes ago, TRAPPER88X said:

Bob,you have that ''cave man'' look....lol

Not any more Dan. My beard was getting too bushy, so I cropped it back. I almost look human again. A fat one, but human none the less.

8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Not any more Dan. My beard was getting too bushy, so I cropped it back. I almost look human again. A fat one, but human none the less.

Just to let you know,I got a bag of ''bung holes'' for this Friday night at Outlaw.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2018 at 10:57 AM, Josh Bayko said:

Grandview gonna’ Grandview...

Right?  That's Grandview racing.  

Waaaay back when my dad was racing he had Tobias build him a different set of bumpers he called his "Grandview bumpers".  Dang rear bumper probably weighed half of what a modern frame does.  Double rows of tubing, covered the quarters, tons of bracing.  The front bumper looked ridiculous with these big wings that stuck out to protect the torsion tubes, but i guess it worked.  

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 7:56 PM, HowieTheHat said:

This does recall an incident at East Windsor.  Back in the awesome times when Brightbill, Cozze, Pauch, Horton, Hoffman, VonDohren, Wade Hendrickson...and a handful of other capable shoes were at the track weekly and one night Pauch and Hoffman got into it outside their cars between turns three and four.  Don Jones didn't give two sh*ts about giving anyone a time out card.  Didn't matter who you were.  For tge tussle...Hoffman and Pauch both had to apologize to Jones before returning.  Forget how long the drivers held out.

The announcement was that both of them were getting a lifetime ban. I think Pauch was back the next year.  Hoffman left for a much longer time run to Big Diamond and didn't come back to Windsor until Pauch was getting close to his Small Block win record (Somewhere in the time Hoffman was gone, was also when Pauch left to run Williams Grove weekly in the Zemco Sprint Car.  Their fight happened  before Brightbill, Mills, Elliott and Von Dohren started running there and Horton was spending most of his time in NASCAR. I'm not sure where Cozze was running.  There was at least a year when none of the big name guys were there in the early nineties....the top guys instead were Daryl Carman/Newt Hartmann/Scott Pursell/Chip Slocum/Larry Taylor/Fred Dmuchowski.  I have to admit, some of the best races I ever saw there were without the bigger names.  Pauch came back with the Barker Bus car and he would either blow everybody's doors off or just blow up.  I think he won 17 out of 24 races or something ridiculous like that one season but only finished third in points because he had 6-7 DNF's. He has 106 wins there and only one 1 point championship in 1976.  Hoffman I think has 6 titles.

12 hours ago, shernernum said:

The announcement was that both of them were getting a lifetime ban. I think Pauch was back the next year.  Hoffman left for a much longer time run to Big Diamond and didn't come back to Windsor until Pauch was getting close to his Small Block win record (Somewhere in the time Hoffman was gone, was also when Pauch left to run Williams Grove weekly in the Zemco Sprint Car.  Their fight happened  before Brightbill, Mills, Elliott and Von Dohren started running there and Horton was spending most of his time in NASCAR. I'm not sure where Cozze was running.  There was at least a year when none of the big name guys were there in the early nineties....the top guys instead were Daryl Carman/Newt Hartmann/Scott Pursell/Chip Slocum/Larry Taylor/Fred Dmuchowski.  I have to admit, some of the best races I ever saw there were without the bigger names.  Pauch came back with the Barker Bus car and he would either blow everybody's doors off or just blow up.  I think he won 17 out of 24 races or something ridiculous like that one season but only finished third in points because he had 6-7 DNF's. He has 106 wins there and only one 1 point championship in 1976.  Hoffman I think has 6 titles.

In reality, Pauch actually has the most headline division wins there since he also had a number of big block wins there.  The '76 title was a Sportsman title, not SBM.

1 hour ago, HowieTheHat said:

In reality, Pauch actually has the most headline division wins there since he also had a number of big block wins there.  The '76 title was a Sportsman title, not SBM.

In 1976, the SBM was called a Sportsman.

7 hours ago, dundeedm said:

In 1976, the SBM was called a Sportsman.

Correct.  The Big Block modifieds were the headline division and the Sportsman the underclass.