Sign in to follow this  
premiumdiesel

Godown Decked @ Grandview

Who was the moron that jumped in his car? I understand him being pissed, but once he sees the video he is going to kick himself and owe Godown a big apology.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foster said:

Hate say it , but that was all slammiller .. he's a hammer 

The board could use a gif of  Alanis Morissette singing "Ironic" every time you call a driver a hammer or dirty, then get mad when a comment gets made about Danny Johnson.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, FightForTheRail said:

The board could use a gif of  Alanis Morissette singing "Ironic" every time you call a driver a hammer or dirty, then get mad when a comment gets made about Danny Johnson.

He's been a good boy as of late 

2 minutes ago, FightForTheRail said:

Manmiller is one of the biggest slammers I have ever saw ..😁

This is the way they race at Grandview and Big Diamond all the time. It wasn't  very smart on Howard's part to get out of the car on the track. Don't know if Grandview has any rules about doing that but then it was the last race of the year.  Still doesn't make it alright to do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It was completely a racing incident, I wouldn't blame anyone for the wreck. Three wide like that and it's going to happen sooner or later.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, foster said:

Well... bragging about your vision after you didn't see Stewart Friesen qualify at Fulton is  like Jack the Ripper complaining that it wasn't safe to walk around at night in 1888 London.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Not only should he have been throw out for going over to the car and punching but he should have been for even getting out of the car... did the track do anything to him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 22racingteam said:

Not only should he have been throw out for going over to the car and punching but he should have been for even getting out of the car... did the track do anything to him?

He was parked for the rest of the night.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foster said:

worse then the dr..lol..just pulling your chain foster..the dr has been well behaved of late.😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

He was parked for the rest of the night.

Roy Bresnahan did the same thing at the Outlaw 200 this year. He was also parked(not sure if he would of been able to continue or not). DQed from race.

I am not sure what else a track can do being the last race of season. But there needs to be a stiffer penalty for this action.  Getting out of a car on a hot track can not go on.

• Like 1

If I had any say in the matter...

The 44 car gets parked for 2 weeks and the 357 gets parked until he watches the video and decides what his own penalty should be. I know Godown doesn't have a squeaky clean reputation either, but Gary Silverman was all over this. Godown did nothing wrong in this instance.

• Like 1

I wonder how much of Howard’s reaction was based on that particular wreck and how much was pent up over the course of several seasons.

I really want to like Godown, but even when he’s not banging or wrecking, his on track presence is often negative. For example, I’ve seen nights where he makes his car extra wide or loose in turns or where he tries to cut down/in on a competitor’s line when running side by side. These moves force the other driver to make contact or brake.

Thing is, Godown is talented enough that he would still win a lot (or maybe more) without these tactics.

He’s had some success in the wingless sprint. Maybe the open wheel mount suits Godown better. It would make him rely more on his talent and speed. 

1 hour ago, OpenHeaders said:

I wonder how much of Howard’s reaction was based on that particular wreck and how much was pent up over the course of several seasons.

I really want to like Godown, but even when he’s not banging or wrecking, his on track presence is often negative. For example, I’ve seen nights where he makes his car extra wide or loose in turns or where he tries to cut down/in on a competitor’s line when running side by side. These moves force the other driver to make contact or brake.

Thing is, Godown is talented enough that he would still win a lot (or maybe more) without these tactics.

He’s had some success in the wingless sprint. Maybe the open wheel mount suits Godown better. It would make him rely more on his talent and speed. 

I thought he drove a clean race at Oswego.. 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, 18kylebusch said:

Godown causes the whole thing by running Manmiller down the track on the front stretch. 

This is a bad take. Him running Doug low had little if nothing to do with what happened coming off the second turn. 

Ok here's what I saw from the video and tell me if I'm wrong. 

Coming out of 4 Manmiller comes up and pushes Godown in Howard, Godown comes back down because he's turning down to get away from Howard. He by no means run Manmiller lower than his line was before. And if your ahead of the guy far as I'm concerned you have the right to run the line you choose. It's not like Godown came from the fence to the bottom. So Howard I'm sure thinks it was Godowns fault for contact in turn 4 as well as coming off of 2 when bottom were initiated by contact Manmiller caused!!! But Howard needs to be punished because a veteran like that needs to set an example not end up being a spectacle!! I hope Manmiller was at least put to back for initiating. 

@nick. Being forced low caused Manmiller to enter the 1st turn at a bad angle. He had to load up the right rear earlier. This increased his forward bite and he couldn’t turn away from the guardrail. 

18 , 

so wouldn't a veteran like Manmiller have know what was going to happen ? 

Im not here taking sides because I'm not involved with any of the teams but if you pull a bonehead move and it takes out other racers that not cool. If you know your at a bad angle and it's not ideal for you to get off the corner like you need to there always the next lap:)