Sign in to follow this  
Justracing44

Outlaw/ Orange county

1 hour ago, 18kylebusch said:

No offense but you can’t expect to have a camper spot the day of the show. 

Was going to show up tomorrow (friday) . I am not familiar with this place , what exactly is difference between the camp lot and parking lot ? I see pictures of campers top row of drive-in , is that a weekend camper area ?

14 hours ago, racermurray said:

Was going to show up tomorrow (friday) . I am not familiar with this place , what exactly is difference between the camp lot and parking lot ? I see pictures of campers top row of drive-in , is that a weekend camper area ?

That top row in the drive-in is usually sold out within 2 weeks of tix being available.
You would definitely end up on the fair grounds with a camper, possibly outside the motocross track where cars get parked for the fair.
Not being a wise guy but you think you can show up at SDW with a camper and no reservation and just find a spot?
I'd say 20,000+ daily Sat & Sun. If you were coming, you should be on your way already.
https://orangecountyfairspeedway.net/schedule/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtModJunkie said:

That top row in the drive-in is usually sold out within 2 weeks of tix being available.
You would definitely end up on the fair grounds with a camper, possibly outside the motocross track where cars get parked for the fair.
Not being a wise guy but you think you can show up at SDW with a camper and no reservation and just find a spot?
I'd say 20,000+ daily Sat & Sun. If you were coming, you should be on your way already.
https://orangecountyfairspeedway.net/schedule/

I agree, however I dont think ESW does a great job advertising for CNY region. So we dont really know how big it is..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtModJunkie said:

First of all I am talking about ESW not SDW.  Secondly I called several weeks ago to make a reservation but the person answering the phone said camper parking is not reservable it's first come first serve.

What? How can camp sites not be reservable for the biggest race of the year? You have to have a camping pass don't you? Seems a bit odd.

Thinking of driving out Sunday for the 200. If you just come in Sunday do you still have to pay $10 to park? With the crowd they're going to have and the circus parking there is for a normal race, where does one actually park Sunday for the 200? Are the gates open along Carpenter Ave?

• Like 1

Anyone know more about this?

Look for a massive 3-day event in the late summer of 2019 at the Orange County Fair Speedway that will pay over $100,000 just to the winners combined, plus Eastern States will be back again next October. In 2019 Orange County will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the track.

2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

Thinking of driving out Sunday for the 200. If you just come in Sunday do you still have to pay $10 to park? With the crowd they're going to have and the circus parking there is for a normal race, where does one actually park Sunday for the 200? Are the gates open along Carpenter Ave?

It was last yr & the lot was full so I ended up parking down by the scuba  place. Had the high school blocked off - no parking.

I called Monday to inquire about camping on the backstretch.  She said they were sold out but you can camp on the grounds.  I am not that familiar with their set up and decided to skip the weekend.  So as of Monday there was camping available somewhere on the grounds.

2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

What? How can camp sites not be reservable for the biggest race of the year? You have to have a camping pass don't you? Seems a bit odd.

It is the same way for Outlaw 200 at Fulton.  No reserved.  First come first serve.

Outlaw Speedway is also non reserved but FREE to camp

According to their facebook page the Friday broadcast will begin at around 5 pm tonight.

• Thanks 1

I cant make out what they are saying over the loud speaker but this consi or race or whatever it is, is a wreckfest.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, con7 said:

Anyone know more about this?

Look for a massive 3-day event in the late summer of 2019 at the Orange County Fair Speedway that will pay over $100,000 just to the winners combined, plus Eastern States will be back again next October. In 2019 Orange County will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the track.

Nothing set yet. Big piece in aarn too. Track wants a major 410 event outlaw and ascoc plus mods. Look for about 15 events in 19 on a weekly basis

On 10/19/2018 at 9:56 AM, racermurray said:

First of all I am talking about ESW not SDW.  Secondly I called several weeks ago to make a reservation but the person answering the phone said camper parking is not reservable it's first come first serve.

By your response, it still seems like you think im being a wise guy.
Not reserving camping spots is highly unusual and Im sorry if that is what happened.
New people in charge, things are obviously being done differently.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:51 PM, In the Shadows said:

It was last yr & the lot was full so I ended up parking down by the scuba  place. Had the high school blocked off - no parking. 

Unfortunately, I think this will be the case again.
I will admit the crowd appeared light in the 1/2 covered yesterday, drive-in not to capacity.
Better be here early today....