Excellent! :whistle:

I suspect that there was a complete disconnect between Tim Pitts and the camera director.  And those shots of the flag man, especially during restarts, were maddening.  As my dad told me well over 60 years ago "You get what you pay for."   Right once again Pop.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FondaFan16 said:

I'm pretty sure they are just using robotic cameras.  That's what they posted on their Facebook page. 

That would explain A LOT!

Inside secret...

If you liked the coverage of Oswego this year, there is a very good reason. The camera operators were all former Rush Hour on DIRT guys. AND... we shot the entire weekend WITHOUT a director.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobMiller said:

Inside secret...

If you liked the coverage of Oswego this year, there is a very good reason. The camera operators were all former Rush Hour on DIRT guys. AND... we shot the entire weekend WITHOUT a director.

Without? Why? What happen? Or did you guys plan to do it that way?

Green director - seasoned camera operators. He knew NOTHING about the field of cars and put his faith in the guys who did. I'm not going to disclose how we did it, but I can't wait for the TV broadcast to air - because we covered the whole weekend flawlessly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inthecuse said:

So I wasn't going to post anything about the live feed but since everyone has weighed in on their thoughts.  I figure I'll add my 2 cents as well.

I would say for the most part the coverage was great as I had Race Monitor going as well.  So, the live action was just a bonus.

I would say the rest of my review are just little kinks that need to be worked out.  Some has already been said and I agree:

- I was frustrated at the beginning because a driver interview segment came on right when the race was about to start.  It was actually some good interviews with what Eastern States meant to the drivers.  So, that ended and they already had 2 laps in!  I feel this could have been played in between heats or during intermission.  The parade laps and mods ripping out of the 4th turn for the start of the show is a must show!  That's what creates the buildup and excitement.  I didn't get to see Stew passing Matt by the time they started covering the race.  

- The drone footage was cool but not sure if it serves any purpose showing the distance shots for racing.  It definitely has its uses tho.  They should've covered more of the grounds during the downtime.

- I think Mandee did great with the interviews but could these have been done in the pits so we could see the drivers face with their helmet off?

- The banner during downtime/break was way too big.  It blocked out 90% of the screen.  I think a banner on the top would have been sufficient so the viewer can still see what's going on - on the track.

- Seems like I had to refresh the page a few times to reload it.  Not sure if it was my end or their end.

Overall I thought the value was there and well worth the money! The few things I thought that could be improved didn't impact me enough to say it wasn't worth it. 

I thought it was well worth it. You can't beat the price and I feel the value was there.   

And that narrative folks, is what we call "polishing the turd".

• Haha 2

Green director - seasoned camera operators. He knew NOTHING about the field of cars and put his faith in the guys who did. I'm not going to disclose how we did it, but I can't wait for the TV broadcast to air - because we covered the whole weekend flawlessly.

Well I watched it all and I thought it was pretty good. Are they going to voice over the announcer's? Cause there wasn't the best communication between cameras and the announcers at the track. But I still loved every minute I watched. The track couldn't of come out much better.

At Oswego, There were alot of times the announcers were excited talking about side by side or 3 wide racing while the cameras were on cars going single file 5 car lengths apart. It seemed like they missed alot of wrecks/incidents also. I wish the cameras would zoom out a little so we can watch more of the action. That goes for all the streams I watch and nascar races too. 

Ideally, what should happen here is we kill them for pages in this thread and then they don't do it again. Understanding that it was their first time and was pretty flawed and then waiting to see if they improve over time is for suckers. I want my gratification now!

• Haha 1

Just as long as you use the same criteria when you have your house re-roofed, I am good with that.

10 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Sounds like they should consider making you the director. Director Bob, has a nice ring to it.

The track had an offer of a professional crew using the Weedsport Production truck & crew making it available on dirttrackdigest.tv plus a produced show for MAVtv but they used people they had worked with before. OCFS really dropped the ball on this and I know many people that are going to ask for refunds on the broadcast. I guess we'll see what today brings.

When you pay for a pay per view event, you shouldn't have to sit in front of your screen for hours hitting the reload button to see if they started broadcasting again.

Since 11:30am the event has been unavailable for 30 minutes so far and it is now only 12:12.

12:38 the stream finally came back on.

(845) 342-2573  I called them and tried to explain that when they keep dropping the feed, it doesn't restart when they start broadcasting again, you have to just sit there and keep reloading the page.

On Friday during the really horrible live feed, the OCFS facebook page said don't worry, Saturday and Sunday will show everything all day long.

How hard is it to just leave a camera broadcasting?

The OCFS facebook page is covered with pissed off customers.

They keep deleting the angry comments, but the paying customers keeps adding more complaints again.

www.facebook.com/OCFSRacing/

I thought they were getting rid of the blunt end inside walls!?

It's crazy in today's day and age to have any blunt walls.  This is 2 accidents in that same exact spot.  I guess Danny's crash wasn't enough to fix it!

1 hour ago, tvracer2 said:

The track had an offer of a professional crew using the Weedsport Production truck & crew making it available on dirttrackdigest.tv plus a produced show for MAVtv but they used people they had worked with before. OCFS really dropped the ball on this and I know many people that are going to ask for refunds on the broadcast. I guess we'll see what today brings.

What is the number of people (many) that you know that are asking for refunds? It was $8.

1 minute ago, inthecuse said:

ok. . .so i saw the crash and the ambulance pull up in between the feed going in and out!

is CG ok?? I did hear he was responsive.

They say he is alert and talking.

It's hard to follow.

The feed doesn't stay running for more than one minute without needing the page refreshed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bicknell1 said:

If anyone is thinking of buying the live stream,DON'T!!!! The stream is frozen almost all the time!!!

Since 11:30 they have broadcast less than 10 minutes total, in 30 second bursts.

I have reloaded the feed hundreds of times. It runs for 10 seconds and freezes up over and over.

The track telephone just yells at you and hangs up now when you call them.

• Like 1