5 hours ago, DaRooster said:

They have to come up with something more forgiving than those uke tires.

It's not the yuke tire. They move and flex somewhat. It was what behind the yuke tire in this case which is a row of jersey barriers. They don't move. Especially for a 2500 lb car. 

Design fall. Bad design..the design sucks. Fix it before the accident is more serious. Danny was really lucky. CG was somewhat lucky.

There's an on-car video of this. You can see how hard CG hit this blunt end wall.

15 hours ago, rpm72x said:

The more live streaming...the more people’s schedules will not allow attending races...the sport has far bigger things to fix besides making sure people can watch from home...

15 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Thank god...all the people whose schedules didn’t allow for them to attend the races....sat aside all day today to sit home and watch...they were getting screwed...

11 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Nope wasn’t there...and never complained once about the live stream that I didn’t buy..found out the results after the event ended...just like I have for all the other races I didn’t go to over the years...

10 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Never did....made comments about the 4 pages of complaints that others had about the service they bought...seemed like it was quite a big event to some ppl...just not big enough to actually go

rpm , there are days when you have some good posts................today is not one of those days

I must've missed the days with the good ones, can't seem to remember them days ever. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, inthecuse said:

It's not the yuke tire. They move and flex somewhat. It was what behind the yuke tire in this case which is a row of jersey barriers. They don't move. Especially for a 2500 lb car. 

Design fall. Bad design..the design sucks. Fix it before the accident is more serious. Danny was really lucky. CG was somewhat lucky.

There's an on-car video of this. You can see how hard CG hit this blunt end wall.

Buddy sent me the link last night. Good Lord that was a nasty ride. CG hammered the opening, rotated  in mid air and got hammered again by whoever's onboard it was. That could have been a lot worse. If CG had come back across another foot he would have caught the onboard car right in the cage.

12 hours ago, rpm72x said:

Never did....made comments about the 4 pages of complaints that others had about the service they bought...seemed like it was quite a big event to some ppl...just not big enough to actually go

Again...why would you complain about a service you didn't pay for??? 

I wouldn't expect anyone to complain about a service/product they didn't purchase.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, westracing01 said:

Buddy sent me the link last night. Good Lord that was a nasty ride. CG hammered the opening, rotated  in mid air and got hammered again by whoever's onboard it was. That could have been a lot worse. If CG had come back across another foot he would have caught the onboard car right in the cage.

It was LJ Lombardo who had the on board. Pretty scary stuff, LJ ended up with a broken rib from the impact.

16 minutes ago, SaturdayNightSpecial said:

It was LJ Lombardo who had the on board. Pretty scary stuff, LJ ended up with a broken rib from the impact.

You can find the video on LJ`s facebook page. I can`t seen to be able to post it here. That was 2 hard impacts for LJ and even more so for CG. Really hope CG gets on the mend soon.

36 minutes ago, MR40 said:

You can find the video on LJ`s facebook page. I can`t seen to be able to post it here. That was 2 hard impacts for LJ and even more so for CG. Really hope CG gets on the mend soon.

This might work:
Lombardo In-Car

edit Nope didn't work

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

They should have fixed this before Danny Johnson hit it earlier this summer , hopefully this will be the the last time

9 minutes ago, foster said:

They should have fixed this before Danny Johnson hit it earlier this summer , hopefully this will be the the last time

Track crew added another barrier during the red flag delay. Basically filling in the opening.

2 hours ago, slojunk91 said:

Track crew added another barrier during the red flag delay. Basically filling in the opening.

Two......the two that were in front Heotzler's and Hearn's pits.  Soooo....those two crews had no barriers to protect them from traffic on pit road.  Yes, I'm sure there will be big changes for next year.

Time to invest in safety walls like they have on the NASCAR tracks. I don't care what size OCFS, its a very fast track. When you wreck there it's usually pretty hard.

Hindsight is 20/20 buts its pretty mind boggling that they would allow a configuration of jersey barriers to be set up like that.  Scary to see that hard of a direct hit and scary to see those barriers placed that way. smh

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dundeedm said:

Time to invest in safety walls like they have on the NASCAR tracks. I don't care what size OCFS, its a very fast track. When you wreck there it's usually pretty hard.

As much as I agree that tracks need to up their safety game, the idea of safer barriers would be cost prohibitive at almost all dirt tracks (aside from maybe Charlotte and Eldora)... The cost per liner foot for just the safer barrier alone was between $500 and $600 back in 2015.  I imagine the cost has gone up since then.

The converter tool I found on google says a 1/2 mile equals 2640 linear feet.  If you consider walls all the way around the outside of the track, you're looking at a cost of roughly $1.3 million to install safer barriers along the outside wall of the track.

People complain about high ticket prices now... 

Who was the guy on the outside that came down and caused the whole thing? granted he probably didnt know there were 2 cars under him. but that was a pretty aggressive block

18 minutes ago, paulgarrow said:

You could just taper the end of the barrier so it lifts your car instead of killing you.

More like launches your car. Bad idea.

If there HAS to be an opening, overlap the walls like they do at Lebanon Valley.

lvw.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, paulgarrow said:

You could just taper the end of the barrier so it lifts your car instead of killing you.

It was like that, Danny Johnson rode the top of the barriers one night.

9 minutes ago, bicknell1 said:

I have extremely bad taste in OCFS! Yes I know it was "only"12.99 ,still I didn't get the product I purchased! Than they don't respond now to emails nor does the company that did the streaming! They don't answer their phone either! I feel like I've been ripped off! I will not ever support any OCFS events!

These DTD boycotts always amount to less than a pimple on the ass of the entity being boycotted. First, it was the New York State Fair being boycotted, then the Fulton 200, now OCFS. If it wasn't for posters telling us about these Rosa Parks type boycotts, no one would ever even know it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3