Sign in to follow this  
buckshot44

Stewie is lite,Hearn WINS

2 minutes ago, DaRooster said:

Stewie in a borrowed car.  I wonder if Stew's crew even thought about the weight difference between the drivers.  Doesn't look like it.

Hearn said 11 pounds under.  Could be it.

9 minutes ago, 22racingteam said:

Stew,wasn't in his car.

Still could have played favorites. Still a Halmar driver

• Like 2

unbelieveable! don't they weigh driver with lite fuel load before hand?I am glad no favorites played,rules is rules!

• Like 1

You have to admit that Hearn is a class act.  Upon the interviewer asking Brett if he was happy when he saw that Friesen was light on the scales, he responded no and that he felt bad for him because he has been in that spot.  Brett also gave credit to Stew with taking a new car and getting first with it.

• Like 6

I saw somewhere last night, maybe it was on facebook that Stew miscalculated the weight difference... That 14 is a stout car no doubt, both Stew and Sheppard gone to the front when they get in the seat. Class act by CG to turn the car over to Stew when he had issues with his own. 

Was tire wear a problem? We learned this year just how much weight you can lose with tire wear maybe that was part of it? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, foster said:

Was tire wear a problem? We learned this year just how much weight you can lose with tire wear maybe that was part of it? 

11 lbs in tire wear? That sounds wild to me 

1 hour ago, The Rabbitt said:

I saw somewhere last night, maybe it was on facebook that Stew miscalculated the weight difference... That 14 is a stout car no doubt, both Stew and Sheppard gone to the front when they get in the seat. Class act by CG to turn the car over to Stew when he had issues with his own. 

I wonder if C.G. new his car could go that fast? What a great run for LJ Lombardo in Frankie Harpers #25, if not for the last caution Brett may not have gotten back up to second.

1 hour ago, JohnyC said:

11 lbs in tire wear? That sounds wild to me 

I know of 1 case where 7lbs was tire wear , was just asking if it could have been part of the problem 

3 minutes ago, foster said:

I know of 1 case where 7lbs was tire wear , was just asking if it could have been part of the problem 

I think Peter Britten said he experienced upwards of 20lbs in an interview on Doug’s dirt diary regarding tire wear.

4 minutes ago, MHL941 said:

I think Peter Britten said he experienced upwards of 20lbs in an interview on Doug’s dirt diary regarding tire wear.

Correct , these guys weigh tires now  I thought it was nuts until I saw formyself

5 minutes ago, inthecuse said:

How much does a new RR tire weigh? 

Rebob broke it down in one of the Oswego threads, it was pretty crazy the numbers he posted

• Thanks 1

What kind of car did Stew drive? And I dont think some people realize how amazing it is to hop in someone else's car and win. Apparently Hearn can appreciate that if he mentioned it.

Years ago a certain well known driver (he's still at  it today) picked up a ride from a local OCFS team for the ES 200 (both brothers are still racing today). The hired guns "prescription" was to set the car up the same way they would have done if driving it.....and said driver would adjust his driving style to fit the car set-up.

But in addition, and the point of this story, was to do the following...…..drain the radiator, empty the fuel cell of fuel, remove a bumper and/or a rub rail, and …..mount the smallest, most worn out bald tires on the lightest wheels you have.....and then make sure it makes weight. I'll see you at the track he said as he left the shop.

Names have been eliminated to protect the guilty. LOL

2 hours ago, inthecuse said:

How much does a new RR tire weigh? 

After the Outlaw 200, we measured nearly 10lbs difference between a bald D300 and brand new D400. 

• Thanks 1