Sign in to follow this  
Stewyfan44

Are The Buzz Chew Rumours For Real

20 hours ago, premiumdiesel said:

i only comment when I feel that its neccessary. You take someone who drives for a living and them say he's out of a ride and provide not once reference to anyone or anywhere that say with absolute fact he's out. How would you like it if everyone said well x and y are loosing there jobs and your whole life is on display for the masses to see ? Once again I stand by with what I said, until you provide a direct link or have mahaney himself or williamson or britten come here and say yes I am in that ride its all hearsay and bs. 

Its a product of the 10 minute news cycle. You have people waiting and pacing the floor for someone to be fired from there job without regard to the person or their economic circumstances. 

This literally happens all the time at jobs lol People are always speculating weather such and such is going to get fired.

you also have sports networks that will constantly report someone is expected to be released or traded and a lot of times that’s how they find out.

When you perform your job in front of the public what do you expect 

5 hours ago, Stewyfan44 said:

Bob this is why I put the post the way I did, I did it because I did'nt want to start a rumour.I was wondering if anyone had any credible information,because I've been hearing a lot about mat taking over the ride.So when people come on here and say I'm starting rumour's, it could'nt be further from the truth.

You weren't the first one to mention it on here, and it's been on a few sites on Facebook for awhile. If in fact there is or will be a change I'm  pretty sure all the involved parties have known about it for weeks and no one was blindsided coming on here.

I have been involved in Racing since 1966 and can say that Most (not all) Rumors that I have heard over the years from the many people I converse with in the pit area have come to be true, the ones in the stands I hear are about are probably only about 10% true..

• Like 1

Why is this so shocking to some? I didn’t think Mike had the results to justify the ride. Plain and simple. I don’t think Mike lacks for talent but as others have suggested, I think he needs to pick a lane and stick with it. Jumping from one ride to the next doesn’t allow for consistency. I’m also a firm believer that races are won in the shop and guys like Matt spend time going over the car top to bottom all week. Tough to be on top if you can’t give it this same kind of attention 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tobias55 said:

Is Mat in the car? For the last week I kept hearing he (Mat Williamson) was going to be in the Graham car with Danny Johnson in the other car.

That would be awesome .. 

57 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Why is this so shocking to some? I didn’t think Mike had the results to justify the ride. Plain and simple. I don’t think Mike lacks for talent but as others have suggested, I think he needs to pick a lane and stick with it. Jumping from one ride to the next doesn’t allow for consistency. I’m also a firm believer that races are won in the shop and guys like Matt spend time going over the car top to bottom all week. Tough to be on top if you can’t give it this same kind of attention 

I agree , Mike is a talent , but no results in the 88 to speak of .. sometimes things just don't come together with team/ driver , both will land on there feet . Mike is young has lots of time , buzz chew needs to race more probably to get a system working .

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

The combination just didn`t jell . The 88 team was hit and miss when and where they ran the cars  .So Mike either sat home or picked up other rides . And the 88 cars were maintained by 2 full time employees , not Mike  .  2015 was the last year the Mahaney`s ran their own equipment with Jim as the crew chief and they had 14 wins . Good luck to both parties in the future . 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MikeMallett said:

Working on a story, should have it out later today on who is in the car and plans for 2019.

Can’t wait to see it Mike 

• Like 1

Decker/Fuller and the plans are to run all these races until they don't get the results they are looking for then they will skip the next five Rinse and repeat 

I hope Spit and Buzzard let the next driver make some decisions and when they decide to get rid of that driver I hope  they do it man to man and the conversation last more than minutes 

Congrats to Mat Williamson, well deserved! Just out of curiosity does his dad (Randy) still crew chief for him? Heard Randy knows a thing or two about those Bicknell Chassis’s lol

Damn that Jake Spraker is a smart man....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JohnyC said:

In Mike's defense was he even able to work on the Buzz Chew car while not racing?  I doubt the car was in the Hamptons but was it in the Adk's the whole season?  And I agree with the prior post that even with Mat W in the car, I hope the Buzz Chew team plans on running a weekly schedule because jumping in the car for a SDS race and expecting results is just setting everyone up for failure.

I mean Super Matt it least had his shop for his personal car within a few minutes of his house in past years,  not a few hours, making it easier for him to work on it.  I could be wrong, maybe Mike had the Buzz Chew car at his own shop.  

I hope Mike lands a quality ride that lets him get the car setup to his liking and he can park it in victory lane.

7 hours ago, MikeMallett said:

Working on a story, should have it out later today on who is in the car and plans for 2019.

That was a great story ,Mike will land on his feet.Hey Miller how about a Grahm story!

7 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Decker/Fuller and the plans are to run all these races until they don't get the results they are looking for then they will skip the next five Rinse and repeat 

I hope Spit and Buzzard let the next driver make some decisions and when they decide to get rid of that driver I hope  they do it man to man and the conversation last more than minutes 

Sheglizzard mike was at the shop setting the cars up and making changes at the track

42 minutes ago, pdracing1 said:

Sheglizzard mike was at the shop setting the cars up and making changes at the track

Yes and no...he had to run everything through spot, if he was not fast in hot laps I'm sure he didn't get to do what he wanted to the car. 

Spot would rather listen to Billy Colton and Randy Williamson than the driver

12 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Yes and no...he had to run everything through spot, if he was not fast in hot laps I'm sure he didn't get to do what he wanted to the car. 

Spot would rather listen to Billy Colton and Randy Williamson than the driver

Yea you should never listen to the guys who build these cars for suggestions,time will tell meanwhile keep watching those exciting vlogs!