Sign in to follow this  

Since rumors get people's panties in a bunch, here's another. Any track that holds an STSS race won't be able to hold a SDS race in 2019. Since WRG and A/S fired the first shot scheduling on Fonda's end of the year date this one seems like it might hold some weight. If this was mentioned elsewhere sorry I missed it.

Actually makes sense to me but I have no inside knowledge on the matter. Not saying I agree with it but I am kind of surprised it hasn't been the policy beforehand. God forbid tracks & promoters work together. When racing is healthy overall everyone involved benefits.

• Like 1

If I was a track owner/promoter , I am choosing the STSS all day long.  Most STSS races have had no sanction fee. With Deyo , not the track owner ,responsible for the purse . How you beat that deal?

On the fan side , both tours have been getting good counts. And many of the SDS travelers have been running the STSS.  It is not  huge issue to me if one or two do not 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, leroy said:

If I was a track owner/promoter , I am choosing the STSS all day long.  Most STSS races have had no sanction fee. With Deyo , not the track owner ,responsible for the purse . How you beat that deal?

On the fan side , both tours have been getting good counts. And many of the SDS travelers have been running the STSS.  It is not  huge issue to me if one or two do not 

The fans are the big loser in this pissing match. With uncertainty in weather conditions in the northeast plus trying to schedule big races around track schedules it's getting harder and harder to get everyone on the same page. It's just a shame both organizations couldn't work together for the betterment of the sport. It shouldn't come to no ones surprise in this age of greed, they can't come to a compromise. Shame on both, it's a matter of sitting down and being reasonable, not that difficult!

• Like 4

WRG is just upset that the STSS shows regularly get more RACECARS and FANS at their programs...they are just making it harder on themselves and the SDS premier drivers. When it comes down to points and championships where do you think most Racers will go ?

Any guess on how long it'll be in this weiner stretching contest before one side says if you race in my series your not allowed in the other one? 

And who will be the one to say it?

9 minutes ago, dan dan said:

Any guess on how long it'll be in this weiner stretching contest before one side says if you race in my series your not allowed in the other one? 

And who will be the one to say it?

I don't think either will,  remember WRG had the 24hr rule and that caused a big problem!!!!!

This is going to be a LOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGG offseason, I can see it now. This is usually a topic that comes up after the first of the year when everyone has cabin fever and chomping at the bit to get back at it again. The 2018 racing season just ended last weekend FFS...

2 hours ago, leroy said:

If I was a track owner/promoter , I am choosing the STSS all day long. 

You're assuming you'll be contacted by both about hosting a series show. Not all tracks are. And some promoters will call to inquire and will be told there isn't a spot in the schedule for your track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leroy said:

Dundee

Bridgeport had SDS scheduled for the 5/8ths and it was rained out, but had STSS on the new 3/8ths. So idk if they would view that as two separate tracks or not LOL 

Fonda lost their SDS date and Albany Saratoga got it . Albany Saratoga is having a race weekend September 20-22 . The Fonda 200 race weekend is the next weekend . As of now Fonda does not have a SDS race . Brett Deyo is running Fonda for 2019  . He also runs the STSS North , STSS South , and Georgetown . So really it has already started . 

3 minutes ago, 27jfan said:

Fonda lost their SDS date and Albany Saratoga got it . Albany Saratoga is having a DIRTcar sanctioned race weekend September 20-22 . The Fonda 200 race weekend is the next weekend . As of now Fonda does not have a SDS race . Brett Deyo is running Fonda for 2019  . He also runs the STSS North , STSS South , and Georgetown . So really it has already started . 

Meant to edit original post not make another post 

On 11/11/2018 at 8:42 AM, happyracer said:

. God forbid tracks & promoters work together. When racing is healthy overall everyone involved benefits.

When it comes to making money, promoters side with the $$$$ over what might be good for the sport in general!!

Who didn't see the war brewing when Deyo took Fonda, Howie & his entourage cast the first stone, grabbing Fonda's SDS race weekend for their own, they will more than make up for the loss of it's Deyo race!  DIRTCAR, manipulated by Howie bans Deyo shows at all other Dirtcar tracks squeezing Deyo to run only at non dirtcar venues, get out the popcorn fans, it's about to get heated!

If Howie had so much pull dont you think SDW would have been held at LV the past few years. Or that he would have a second SDS race or would still have the WoO sprints there still? 

Did you think that Fondas premier race of the year would be Dirtcar sanctioned with Deyo running the show now? 

Who in their right mind wouldn't hop on that date for an end of the year special? Every other track outside of fulton was probably looking at gaining that weekend . 

I'm not so sure that Howie would object to anything that would make him $ and a stss show is surely a money maker according to some. 

IDK, maybe now with Deyo being so close to the Capitol region Howie sees him as a threat. Tough telling not knowing

Doesn’t look like not having a SDS show will be a big deal for Fonda. July 3, $10,000 to win...Place will be packed with fans and cars.

6129E190-D59A-4B13-A385-F29CC73B935B.jpeg

• Like 5

This will be interesting to see where cars go as the SDS normally has a few shows around the July 4th holiday week/weekend and the ESS has had that week locked down for the CNY Speedweeks for a few years too.

Land of Legends/Canandaigua has normally run a combo show with the ESS/SDS that week and I believe Utica Rome has tried the same when they've had luck actually getting the show in.