Sign in to follow this  
Pinesol

Decker back with Gypsum

18 hours ago, Rebob5 said:

Hahahaha sorry to burst your bubble but....... that ain’t happening lol 

Rob Hile 

Last year Larry didn’t run the series and Pat didn’t either. Now that Billy’s running the SDS will Pat do the same or is he at a point in his career where he’d rather not do the whole tour? Just curious. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Last year Larry didn’t run the series and Pat didn’t either. Now that Billy’s running the SDS will Pat do the same or is he at a point in his career where he’d rather not do the whole tour? Just curious. Thanks. 

Not sue what Pat is going to do next year, That hasn't been discussed around the shop yet.

Rob Hile

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doug W said:

If John is so happy to have him back, why did he throw him under the bus in the first place?

I don’t recall John throwing Billy under any busses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh Bayko said:

I don’t recall John throwing Billy under any busses.

I was thinking the same thing!! Billy was at Larry's wedding which was after Billy was let go from Gypsum. They have all remained friends since ... I dont get some people Josh

• Like 1

The way I recall the details was that John was letting Billy go because he was cutting back from three cars to two then shortly after that all of a sudden was back to three cars. That sounds like being thrown in nder the bus to me.

And if I have the details wrong or there's more to the story then I humbly stand corrected.

30 minutes ago, Doug W said:

The way I recall the details was that John was letting Billy go because he was cutting back from three cars to two then shortly after that all of a sudden was back to three cars. That sounds like being thrown in nder the bus to me.

And if I have the details wrong or there's more to the story then I humbly stand corrected.

Who was the 3rd team that wasn’t Decker then?

• Like 1

Maybe the fact that Larry now has a family and doesn’t want to commit to traveling and racing as much opened up an opportunity to bring billy back...if John wants another sds title, who better to put in a car than billy given the success they had previously....

there is no big conspiracy....no throwing anyone under the bus....no bad blood...billy left on good terms when Larry and pat were racing a ton....and now Larry has backed off a bit and billy is coming back...Scott certainly helped tap into Larry’s potential in the 2 years he spent full time with him...but I’m sure Scott wants to travel and try to get another sds title as well....timing and situation line up perfectly for billy to return to team gypsum

• Like 2

Larry was quoted this year as saying his dad wanted him to race more and go to the races more so it makes sense to hire Decker back cause Larry can’t run as much with his business and family. I’m happy for Billy and glad Gypsum is willing to foot the bill. Without them Billy would be less a threat to Matt for the title. No doubt. 

2 hours ago, GoFast39Fan said:

Larry was quoted this year as saying his dad wanted him to race more and go to the races more so it makes sense to hire Decker back cause Larry can’t run as much with his business and family. I’m happy for Billy and glad Gypsum is willing to foot the bill. Without them Billy would be less a threat to Matt for the title. No doubt. 

I don't believe Larry can't travel and race the entire SDS..he chooses not to

John knows his son can't get it done and now doesn't want to to try

8 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

He has a business and a family....therefore he simply can’t travel as much...chooses not to travel as much...decided not to travel as much....doesn’t have the time to travel as much....they all lead to the same thing...why make a simple true statement that somebody else posted sound as if they were lying? As far as can’t get it done....were you at SDW??? Looked like he got it done to me on the biggest stage....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Shyglizzy said:

Won the first 3 consecutive weeks at Brewerton, Fulton speedway track champion, 358 super dirtcar series, BB Super dirt week winner... the guy hiding behind the keyboard says he can’t get it done, guess you are right Hahahah 

Rob Hile 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rebob5 said:

Won the first 3 consecutive weeks at Brewerton, Fulton speedway track champion, 358 super dirtcar series, BB Super dirt week winner... the guy hiding behind the keyboard says he can’t get it done, guess you are right Hahahah 

Rob Hile 

Not to mention the versatility. Sprint Cars (Winged or Non-Wing), Midgets, etc... You got to love all the keyboard jockeys.

11 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Not to mention the versatility. Sprint Cars (Winged or Non-Wing), Midgets, etc... You got to love all the keyboard jockeys.

Like I posted to Rob, they know it all!!!

• Like 2

Not a red car fan but glad to see Billy running the tour again to give Matt even more competition. The series is shaping up looking better and better. 

7 hours ago, racer80 said:

Like I posted to Rob, they know it all!!!

Haha you called it both times, it amazes me how little of a clue some people have. I try not to post but I can’t refrain myself from replying to some of these stupid comments lol 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

Glad he is on the tour again 9s will win it again

Of course he will , and he will also draw 9 poles or more this year ... Wtf

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sheppard9s said:

Glad he is on the tour again 9s will win it again

Hey buddy! Where ya been? I miss those "great race" comments! You've been pretty quiet the last half of the season, are you okay?

1 hour ago, John Williams said:

Hey buddy! Where ya been? I miss those "great race" comments! You've been pretty quiet the last half of the season, are you okay?

I'm good thanks for asking lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foster said:

Of course he will , and he will also draw 9 poles or more this year ... Wtf

Matt Sheppard didn’t draw 9 poles in 2018. Although he did get a few, there’s no conspiracy behind it.

30 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Matt Sheppard didn’t draw 9 poles in 2018. Although he did get a few, there’s no conspiracy behind it.

I’d love to see the series pay a bonus for each spot a guy like Matt was willing to start behind. For example, if he drew P5 but then had the choice of starting 5th or taking an extra $50 for each position back he was willing to start. If he dropped to 15th he’d pocket an extra $500 for moving back 10 places plus whatever he could manage coming back through the field. Yeah I know it’s crazy, but there has to be a way to avoid the top guys starting up front. I hate to say it but some of the best races are when the strongest guys break in their heat and have to start around 20-24th in the feature and then work their way back up. Kinda like a handicap on a regular Saturday night 35 lap feature but you are paid an incentitive to drop back 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

I’d love to see the series pay a bonus for each spot a guy like Matt was willing to start behind. For example, if he drew P5 but then had the choice of starting 5th or taking an extra $50 for each position back he was willing to start. If he dropped to 15th he’d pocket an extra $500 for moving back 10 places plus whatever he could manage coming back through the field. Yeah I know it’s crazy, but there has to be a way to avoid the top guys starting up front. I hate to say it but some of the best races are when the strongest guys break in their heat and have to start around 20-24th in the feature and then work their way back up. Kinda like a handicap on a regular Saturday night 35 lap feature but you are paid an incentitive to drop back 

Kinda like when Danny Johnson had to qualify through the consi at Brewerton and started 26th and won the Hurricane 100.

1 hour ago, 27jfan said:

Kinda like when Danny Johnson had to qualify through the consi at Brewerton and started 26th and won the Hurricane 100.

Those are the best races. Too many times I’m following races where the winner starts in the first three rows. That’s fine and dandy, but it’s not nearly as exciting as when someone comes from the 10th-15th row up to the front 

• Like 1

said it before sayin it again GET RID OF TIME TRIALS AND REDRAWS. if you run a legit draw for heats then start heads up. if matt or dr or decker or whoever draws pole in heat 1 and wins it then start them pole. it will even its self out through the year.

nothing worse then seein lets say FOR EXAMPLE dr set fast time, win heat, then redraw 12th.