Sign in to follow this  
DWagar

Can Am SDS April 13, 2019

I think it's a great gamble by Can Am. Everyone complains when big races are scheduled against each other. Here's a track taking a chance on an early season show. I say go for it. Just please make it a two or three division show. No back gate gang bangs please!

• Like 1

April is hit or miss with the weather.  If it works I’m sure it will be packed will be my first race of 2019. It’s a long winter. Excited for this race 

• Like 2

I have always thought that 40 degrees in the spring is a lot warmer than 40 in the fall. I would still hope for warmer weather for the race but after a couple months of really cold temperatures. I would think people would be glad to get some live racing in. I have watched many races while wearing carhartt pants and coat. And they probably will still be hanging by the front door that early in the spring. 

• Like 1

The same people bitching about the temperature in the spring can be found in the stands in January @ Ransomville for the Enduro.......LOL

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, racer80 said:

The same people bitching about the temperature in the spring can be found in the stands in January @ Ransomville for the Enduro.......LOL

Or sitting up in a tree during November 

• Like 2

Most northern country tracks only begin running in May, some of them as late as Victoria Day weekend (weekend before Memorial Day).

I’ve been to events in Canada in May when I was comfortable, or this past season when I froze, so it’s definitely hit or miss. This is especially the case after the sun goes down, which tells me that the Can Am show, only a few miles from the border, should be an afternoon event. 

As has been pointed out though, putting the event on the schedule allows the promoter to be flexible: run if the weather is nice and cancel if it’s bad. Not having the event scheduled allows for no such flexibility.

7 hours ago, racer80 said:

You understand they no longer run this event right?

Can am use to open mid April, this is nothing new.  Some years it was pretty chilly at night, but there was the same amount of years where it was fairly decent

1 hour ago, Mike Coleates said:

You understand they no longer run this event right?

Didn't know that....I went a couple times & really enjoyed it

5 hours ago, OpenHeaders said:

Most northern country tracks only begin running in May, some of them as late as Victoria Day weekend (weekend before Memorial Day).

I’ve been to events in Canada in May when I was comfortable, or this past season when I froze, so it’s definitely hit or miss. This is especially the case after the sun goes down, which tells me that the Can Am show, only a few miles from the border, should be an afternoon event. 

As has been pointed out though, putting the event on the schedule allows the promoter to be flexible: run if the weather is nice and cancel if it’s bad. Not having the event scheduled allows for no such flexibility.

exactly

no harm in scheduling this race

Many series and events get scheduled in the South for Feb and March and they sometimes get cancelled or rescheduled. 

So I do not see a big deal here.   It will run. Or not

It's snowed at the fall nationals at brockville and people are still excited about it...

Let the weather do what it does and fingers crossed it works out. No different than any other event at any time. Weather either works or it doesn't.. 

• Like 1

I hope they get the show in. That early in the year  before other  tracks open could see some guys who usually don’t travel much hitting the race just because they can. 

• Like 2

You still got to be ready by then in case it does happen seams to early, people forget about real winters that last through April.

On 11/22/2018 at 10:51 PM, Stewyfan44 said:

people on DTD have to be the most negative people in the universe.

Trust me when I say this...

There have been times when I come here and read what people are saying and wonder to myself why I don't just go to the Admin Control Panel and shut the forum down.

I don't see it any different than say having it in July. In April there could be 3 foot of snow and 20 out of it might be sunny and 70. In July in May rain for a week straight or be 90 out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brian moore said:

I am betting that the beer will be cold. 

That's all that really matters. 

They better have HOT coffee and Hot chocolate!!!!!!!

Every once in a while on long distance races, you go 40 or 50 laps straight through with great side by side green flag racing. Then someone breaks and pulls a yellow and it becomes a caution frenzy where you can't get 2 consecutive laps in. Cautions breed cautions, so they say.

It's like that on the forum too. Things will be going along smooth as silk. Everyone getting along just fine. Great contribution, cool and fun topics. Then someone steps out of line and every topic turns into a shit storm. The off season seems to contribute to it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Every once in a while on long distance races, you go 40 or 50 laps straight through with great side by side green flag racing. Then someone breaks and pulls a yellow and it becomes a caution frenzy where you can't get 2 consecutive laps in. Cautions breed cautions, so they say.

It's like that on the forum too. Things will be going along smooth as silk. Everyone getting along just fine. Great contribution, cool and fun topics. Then someone steps out of line and every topic turns into a shit storm. The off season seems to contribute to it.

its either this or get yelled at by the wife (which we always lose), so we yell at eachother.....

On 11/27/2018 at 11:06 AM, BobMiller said:

Trust me when I say this...

There have been times when I come here and read what people are saying and wonder to myself why I don't just go to the Admin Control Panel and shut the forum down.

There would be 40 upset people that would have nowhere to post if you shut the forum down. 

You seem to have knowledge and a lot of insight with your constant 40 people thing. Care to help us that ain't in the loop to show us how you know this or just keep taking shots?

• Thanks 1