Sign in to follow this  
WheelsUpHammerDown10

Ronnie Davis big block racing at Brewerton in 2019

According to Dave Medler on Facebook:

"RAD Racing - Ron Davis III fan page.

Exciting announcement on this rainy day! This years 2019 racing season will see a Tom Coar and Chris Clark owned 32R Big Block Modified fielded weekly at Brewerton Speedway along with races at the Weedsport Speedway! We are very thankful for these great guys to reach out and offer such an amazing opportunity. Our Small Block program will remain the same as last year at Fulton Speedway and the Dirtcar series tour."

Brewerton picking up Decker and Davis for their big block field in 2019. Two nice additions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Brewerton picking up Decker and Davis for their big block field in 2019. Two nice additions. 

Two drivers, but only one additional car.  Davis will be in the ride that Gary Tomkins was in this year. 

Oh my apologies. Did not realize that was the ride Gary was in. Hope Gary finds something! Would love to see him back at Canandaigua in 2019. Maybe in the MPR ride again perhaps?

He ran 7 out of 12 races there last year with the small block......... So basically just upgrading to a BB and a few more races. 

27 minutes ago, The Wee One said:

Could have sworn I read on Garys page that Coar/Clark was pulling their BB program..... 

Maybe read between the lines a bit on that one...sounds more like they weren't willing to upgrade their engine this year:

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=24523

2 hours ago, matt_s86 said:

Maybe read between the lines a bit on that one...sounds more like they weren't willing to upgrade their engine this year:

http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/New17/?p=24523

He seemed pretty clear on his facebook.... "The Coar/Clark race team has decided not to run their big block program in 2019." *shrugs* I mean, Im not the smartest man on earth, Bob will tell you that. But that sure sounds pretty clear and hard to read between the lines on....

6 minutes ago, The Wee One said:

He seemed pretty clear on his facebook.... "The Coar/Clark race team has decided not to run their big block program in 2019." *shrugs* I mean, Im not the smartest man on earth, Bob will tell you that. But that sure sounds pretty clear and hard to read between the lines on....

Sounds like Clark left and coar found a new partner if rd3 got to be the driver? That's what I read " between the lines"

51 minutes ago, The Wee One said:

Well then.  I guess plans changed.

Good for RD3 to get some big HP experience.

Is it the same engine Thompkins ran? Has it been refreshed? If not, RD3 is already at a disadvantage. I mean really, if Thompkins says its a turd, how could RD3 hope to do any better? Really hoping its a new engine or upgraded pieces for RD3's sake. 

24 minutes ago, TheKraken said:

Is it the same engine Thompkins ran? Has it been refreshed? If not, RD3 is already at a disadvantage. I mean really, if Thompkins says its a turd, how could RD3 hope to do any better? Really hoping its a new engine or upgraded pieces for RD3's sake. 

I was going to leave the thread as it be, but I just have to laugh..... Been around racing for a long time, seen Gary's name written 100 different ways.... but Thompkins is a new one! LOL

"TOMKINS"

:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, The Wee One said:

I was going to leave the thread as it be, but I just have to laugh..... Been around racing for a long time, seen Gary's name written 100 different ways.... but Thompkins is a new one! LOL

"TOMKINS"

:thumbup:

Oops my bad. Was thinking TH as in Thompson. I'll be sure to spell it correctly in the future. 

19 hours ago, TheKraken said:

Oops my bad. Was thinking TH as in Thompson.  I'll be sure to spell it correctly in the future. 

LOL I wouldn't worry about it, Garys a good sport!

2 hours ago, TheKraken said:

Maybe starting in a tired BB isn't the worst idea.

Get used to the handling differences between the BB and the SB before letting go of the reigns. 

Gary was still getting some good results with that turd last year. 

Gary is a great driver...he can get results with equipment that isn’t necessarily as good as a lot of his competition...but he has driven some super good equipment and knows what’s good enough and what isn’t...when the engine program lacks or another area isn’t good enough it tends to create a problem with the team...the driver blames the motor...the owner blames the driver...and nothing great comes of it....I’m pulling for Ronnie and think he’s very talented...hopefully the team has the engines corrected because when your struggling while learning...which at some point he will...you need to eliminate as many variables as possible to really hone in on what you need to work on...the engine can’t be lacking causing the driver to over compensate which makes the car handle bad....todays big blocks are as much of a handling tool as a set of shocks, coils or a chassis....the motor better run good but it just as important to have it drive well