Sign in to follow this  
Goggles Paesano

T-Mac/Sweetners/Dually Hauler/Long horn

Been watching and reading seeing that T-Mac seems to have had a smaller budget this past year than he normally had at his disposal.  I also heard that Carl Meyers sold Sweetners and T-Mac no longer was using the stacker hauler. Not sure if that is true or not.   He seemed to do much better at the tail end of the year but overall it looked like a down year.  Anybody know what the scoop is and what's going on with the Sweetners Plus and Longhorn LM and Modified teams?   

I had heard the same about Sweetners being sold.  Don’t know what that does or doesn’t do for TMac.  Hopefully he still has something for next year whether it be mods or late models.  I would like to think maybe sweetners will still sponsor him.

I could be wrong but I don't think not using the late model stacker had anything to do with budget.  T-Mac's team runs a NASCAR style hauler, not a Toterhome so you need a CDL to run it up and down the road.  Apparently they couldn't get anyone with a CDL to drive the rig for them, hence the smaller trailer. 

• Like 3

I've heard the CDL problem as well. Im not familiar with the process of getting a CDL but can you go and pass the test or have to do an educational program ? I feel like he could pass the test fairly easy and problem would be solved.

Here's the World 100 story about the win, the deal with the trailer, and the polish victory lap around Eldora.

https://racingnews.co/2018/10/14/tim-mccreadie-did-a-polish-lap-with-his-little-trailer-after-winning-eldora-video/

And, oh, if you haven't seen the photo, Timmy's midget (and number!) for the Chili Bowl looks a little familiar.  Think Dad!

1 hour ago, Justracing44 said:

I've heard the CDL problem as well. Im not familiar with the process of getting a CDL but can you go and pass the test or have to do an educational program ? I feel like he could pass the test fairly easy and problem would be solved.

I think its a little more in depth than that.  I know he's mentioned "time" as a big reason why he hasn't gotten a CDL in various other articles on Dirt On Dirt about the subject, but with the CDL comes additional restrictions like how long you can drive for before you need to take a required break,  and the electronic log book (which I know absolutely nothing about, but apparently its a pretty big deal).

I think for now just about anyone can run one of those giant toterhomes up and down the road without any of those restrictions, but those days might be going away too... 

Checked out the Longhorn website from a link in one of the articles.  Not kept up-to-date.    I see they have a Facebook page but not everybody uses Facebook.   In this day and age that is bad for business. 

They still have the big stacker trailer, Tim just doesn’t have the required CDL to drive it. They basically have a over the road tractor so you need to have a class A to drive it. The hauler is also useless for modifieds because when it was built for a latemodel they build the top deck shorter to fit a latemodel to give more room downstairs. Even with the little loading tires I don’t rhink you can get a modified up to of his stacker but I could be wrong

Rob Hile 

Word around the campfire is that he’ll be in the Longhorn house car for next year, but instead of Sweetners backing it’ll be Arnie Ranta backing. 

• Like 3

On 11/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

He likely favors the late models because its 1500 minimum every time he hits the track...

I get that. He has to do what’s best for him. I just love to see him compete with the big name Modified guys. For the limited amount that he runs them he usually puts on a great show.

On November 29, 2018 at 8:01 AM, inthecuse said:

If this were year 2050, the truck could drive itself. 

A lot sooner than that I am told . Truck drivers will no longer exist. 

• Haha 1