dirtdigger

How many people were on the old Fire on Dirt forum?

Been a long time since those days.  I have to give a ton of credit to the current regime.  There is a ton of bitching, moaning, and groaning on this forum.  I was once one.  Racing is racing and doo doo occurs.  We have lost a lot of great posters due to the piss poor comments that people feel they have to post.  Miller talks about shutting it down.  I don't blame him!!  I've been around this game for 30 years and it has its ups and downs, but everyone on this forum needs to realize we are fans of the sport.  Criticism is part of everyday life, but constructive criticism goes a long way instead of bashing.  Lets start looking at positives.  

I was there but mostly as a lurker (same as now actually) It's a great resource for the sport but at times the bitching gets ridiculous. Just logged into my account and found that I joined in September 2003. Boy do the years go by!

I was on when it was fireondirt....

I started writing for this site when it was FireOnDirt.com and I don't want to the chat room.  I never got any sleep lol.  I was up all night talking racing on there.

Are we talking like old school AIM group chats? we used to do those for a college hockey message board I’m also apart of. Before Facebook, Twitter, smart phones etc, those were the best way to get updated game scores every night from games around the country.

No we actually had a chat room on FOD, it was awesome. Some night's we have 30/40 people in those things chatting, sometimes more.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MikeMallett said:

No we actually had a chat room on FOD, it was awesome. Some night's we have 30/40 people in those things chatting, sometimes more.

I forgot all about the old FOD chat room. 

Ahhh the chatroom days were. I was like 13 back then talking racing with you guys til 2-3 in the morning. The nice part about the chatroom was it allowed you to get to know everyone on here better. I met quite a few people I'm now proud to call friends in there.

Miller, remember when you offered to pick me up for the rescheduled Super DIRT Series race at Hagerstown and my mom wouldn't let me go with a dude I met in a chatroom? Hahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB19 said:

Miller, remember when you offered to pick me up for the rescheduled Super DIRT Series race at Hagerstown and my mom wouldn't let me go with a dude I met in a chatroom? Hahaha

I do remember that. Truthfully, I don't blame her. There are definitely creeps out there who prey on vulnerable people. But after I met your dad and the rest of the folks from Club Wago, I think she would have been OK with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeMallett said:

I met a lot of people and made lots of friends that still exist today because of that chatroom. I was just reminiscing... some of them no longer with us. Scott Davis, Tom Ames, Mike Hayslett (cuda11) and Max Phillips (fatmansexpress).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dirtdigger said:

Been a long time since those days.  I have to give a ton of credit to the current regime.  There is a ton of bitching, moaning, and groaning on this forum.  I was once one.  Racing is racing and doo doo occurs.  We have lost a lot of great posters due to the piss poor comments that people feel they have to post.  Miller talks about shutting it down.  I don't blame him!!  I've been around this game for 30 years and it has its ups and downs, but everyone on this forum needs to realize we are fans of the sport.  Criticism is part of everyday life, but constructive criticism goes a long way instead of bashing.  Lets start looking at positives.  

Miller is considering shutting down DTD?

8 hours ago, KB19 said:

Ahhh the chatroom days were. I was like 13 back then talking racing with you guys til 2-3 in the morning. The nice part about the chatroom was it allowed you to get to know everyone on here better. I met quite a few people I'm now proud to call friends in there.

6 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I do remember that. Truthfully, I don't blame her. There are definitely creeps out there who prey on vulnerable people. But after I met your dad and the rest of the folks from Club Wago, I think she would have been OK with it.

Moms ruin all the fun.

Did Miller have the 'free candy' van all polished up?😂😍

Just kidding! Just kidding!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Mr. Miller, this is Chris Hansen. Do you have a minute to talk?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can't remember when I joined but I know I used to read stuff on fod, my buddy tom Ames turned me on to it. He asked me all the time if I joined til I finally did. 

Chris that ran Fire On Dirt was My Late Dads Chem Lawn guy that came to our house he knew thru from my Dad about my interest in Dirt Racing and got me into F O D. I have been on since 2005. 

Was just a reader of FOD & Syracuse.com for a long time. Wanna say early 2000s. Never joined or posted anything.