I think we had a thread a few years ago that talked about what drivers do in the offseason or what they do outside of racing and it molded into a discussion about what posters do for fun in the offseason. Figured we could fire it up again and get some chatter going.

For me, my busy season at work runs from mid-August to mid-May so that's honestly where I am, especially on most Saturdays and even some Sundays. Hockey is one of my top passions and have the pleasure of being able to work with two teams where I work so I spend a lot of Fridays and Saturdays in rinks around New England.

I also have the center ice package so I watch a lot of hockey throughout the winter, including my favorite team the Rangers.

This winter will be a little different for me as I just got married this past July so my wife and I will be taking our honeymoon to Jamaica. Pretty stoked for that next week!

The last three winters, I've spend December - March going to 95% of my sisters high school bowling matches. 2-3 times a week. Regular season, counties, regionals, districts, and states wraps up at the end of march. This is her last year in HS. And also, this is the first winter that I have Iracing so between the bowling, Iracing, and if I am not in tulsa, I attend a chili bowl party every year and watch every night throughout that week. 

• Like 2

Running my son all over to his travel hockey games and baseball clinics. We have a blast at his hockey games 🏒🥅

I do all of the crap around the house that my wife wanted me to do over the summer....

• Like 2

I can't wait for ice fishing. I bowl a couple leagues and do a little hunting, but it is all secondary to getting on the lakes.

• Like 3

I like to roller skate and do macaroni art. 

Last week I did a Diorama of Custer's Last stand using colored pasta.  It turned out great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Goggles Paesano said:

I trap squirrels, place their nuts between two boards, then video.  It's a hoot.

LOL.... you can't help yourself can you....lol

• Like 1

Well, to be honest, since I retired...my hobby of woodworking has become an almost year round deal.....along with my fresh water fishing and my auto racing research.  Here is a link to my woodworking blog.  You can access the many pages by clicking on the links along the right side of the screen.

http://fwtwo.blogspot.com/

From November to mid April I head down to San Benito Texas. Eat, drink and be merry.:drinks:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outlaw Photos said:

LOL.... you can't help yourself can you....lol

I only trap the squirrels in January.  I fly fish when I can.  Both daughters go to St Bonaventure, so my wife and I go there often. Since I have -$0.03 left to my name, I stare at the wall a lot and think of what might have been.  

Son plays hockey to to plenty of college hockey games some AHLgames. When not doing that separate 3 kids with ADHD from killing each other until the weather gets better for them to go outside and try to kill each other.

I’m a very civic minded person, so as a public service I go around town and remove staples from telephone poles that once held old “yard sale” signage. I personally don’t like to use the word “hero”, but if you’d like to, feel free to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

From April/May to October I'm in the race shop a minimum of 5 days a week working on the race car, so typically the off-season starts with me catching up on house renovations/projects and then when the snow finally gets here I am out snowmobiling and then a few more house renovations/projects in early spring and then it's racing season again. 

I like suspending posting privileges of people who annoy the shit out of me on this forum.

Ain't that right Gurgles Pissonu?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

I like suspending posting privileges of people who annoy the shit out of me on this forum.

Ain't that right Gurgles Pissonu?

Go squirrel trapping with me.  More fun than a barrel of monkeys.