22 hours ago, Goggles Paesano said:

I trap squirrels, place their nuts between two boards, then video.  It's a hoot.

Yeah.

My off-season hobbies (camping, hiking, backpacking, traveling) are becoming my on-season hobbies more and more.  Between the dusty dry-slick hellholes, hour long intermissions, 2 AM marathons, rewarding guys for single-car cautions, 38 classes of minivans on DIRT, and doofuses on power trips because they moderate online message boards, I think I made it to 6 races last year . 

None of that when I am in the woods.

Could have been 7 if the Gobbler hadn't weathered out.  FMP twice, Stateline twice, Bradford once and Woodhull once otherwise.  I should try to get to Bradford more...coolest track in the world and it's close to the Allegheny National Forest.

3 minutes ago, DarwinsBeagle said:

Yeah.

My off-season hobbies (camping, hiking, backpacking, traveling) are becoming my on-season hobbies more and more.  Between the dusty dry-slick hellholes, hour long intermissions, 2 AM marathons, rewarding guys for single-car cautions, 38 classes of minivans on DIRT, and doofuses on power trips because they moderate online message boards, I think I made it to 6 races last year . 

Can substitute douchebag for doofuses. I can think of one in particular.  

I am in the same boat Darwin. Made it to 3 races this year. Spent probably a solid 2 months in the adirondacks not at a race track. Loved every minute. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarwinsBeagle said:

Yeah.

None of that when I am in the woods.

Could have been 7 if the Gobbler hadn't weathered out.  FMP twice, Stateline twice, Bradford once and Woodhull once otherwise.  I should try to get to Bradford more...coolest track in the world and it's close to the Allegheny National Forest.

I believe the plural of doofus is actually:  "doofi": 

https://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-plural-of/doofus.html

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goggles Paesano said:

Go squirrel trapping with me.  More fun than a barrel of monkeys.  

This is..................

No racing season means it’s WRESTLING season, support my father coaching and enjoy NCAA wrestling along with the freestyle stuff going on 🤼‍♂️🤼‍♂️.... can’t forget but sadly regret how much of a joke the UFC is becoming 

2 hours ago, tiracer43 said:

I get my racing fix by racing radio controlled modifieds. (Mudboss)

Where do you race at ?  We run every Sunday in Binghamton at Dees Hobby Barn

14 hours ago, Superstock1 said:

No racing season means it’s WRESTLING season, support my father coaching and enjoy NCAA wrestling along with the freestyle stuff going on 🤼‍♂️🤼‍♂️.... can’t forget but sadly regret how much of a joke the UFC is becoming 

What’s wrong with the UFC?  Too much like the WWF?  I’m a fan of Yianni  Diakomahalis.   I’m sure I spelled that wrong but he is a warrior and he went to the high school where my wife is a teacher.  NCAA Champion at 141as a freshman.  Won his last three matches with a torn ACL. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarwinsBeagle said:

and doofuses on power trips because they moderate online message boards...

You made that decision too easy.

9 hours ago, TheKraken said:

Can substitute douchebag for doofuses. I can think of one in particular. 

And so did you.

• Haha 1

Hunting and Ice Fishing, not much time for anything else once the lakes freeze. Got to do it while you can.

8 hours ago, BobMiller said:

And so did you.

sniff....sniff...……...I think I smell the "great calamari" getting fried.

LMAO... you just called them a couple of squids.

10 hours ago, BobMiller said:

And so did you.

You think these guys were referring to you? Please don't suspend me, but that is a little egotistical.  They are suspended now? 

Egotistical my ass. Both of them have made it openly clear that they don't like me and I am the most active moderator on the forum.

And wait just a minute... wasn't it you that had your panties all in a wad last year begging to have your account banned?

I loved the squirrel launcher. Do they come back for another ride, or do they just stand in the backyard like " what the hell was that '.

Winter hobby, freezing my ass off. Watching a bad hockey team lose. Not the sens.  My son's team. 

1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

Egotistical my ass. Both of them have made it openly clear that they don't like me and I am the most active moderator on the forum.

And wait just a minute... wasn't it you that had your panties all in a wad last year begging to have your account banned?

I'm on your side.  You threatened to suspend me the other day.  I don't want to get suspended again.  You are not egotistical. I am wrong.  I am a jackwagon.   TheKraken and Darwinsbeagle are jackwagons.  You were right to suspend them.  racer80 -  he's a  jackwagon too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Pretty simple if you ask me. Don't take shots everyday and the door on the train to tobyville stays shut I believe. 

At least Bob gives warnings first. He's fair and balanced, ya know like Fox News. Mallett on the other hand is brutal. No warnings, just straight to jail for 30 days. I've learned my lesson. It's no fun not being able to reply when Foster proclaims his love for The Doctor.

16 hours ago, Goggles Paesano said:

What’s wrong with the UFC?  Too much like the WWF?  I’m a fan of Yianni  Diakomahalis.   I’m sure I spelled that wrong but he is a warrior and he went to the high school where my wife is a teacher.  NCAA Champion at 141as a freshman.  Won his last three matches with a torn ACL. 

I’m familiar with Yianni and yes the ufc is becoming too much of a circus.

5 hours ago, BobMiller said:

LMAO... you just called them a couple of squids.

TRAFFIC ALERT!  Bobby's Way will remain a one-way street until further notice. 

2 hours ago, dan dan said:

Pretty simple if you ask me. Don't take shots everyday and the door on the train to tobyville stays shut I believe. 

Yeah but at least stop handing out ammo. 

1 hour ago, Superstock1 said:

I’m familiar with Yianni and yes the ufc is becoming too much of a circus.

I agree.  I think a lot of the fights are fixed.  Look at Bisping vs Hammil.  100% rigged.   I could also do without that sideshow freak McGregor.  That is, unless Miller likes McGregor, then I think Conner is the absolute best. 

• Like 1

Some of this sounds like Star Wars fandom (I used to work on the books and games years ago and a large portion of the fanbase seems to think that the best way to show how much they care about Star Wars is to crap on every single thing that comes out) -- "we love to hate this thing we love."

And I get being disappointed in things -- but there's still a lot of things I love about racing (and new Star Wars) no matter how bad some of it is.

Think of how much we'd miss racing if it weren't around to hate on ... I don't get to go much these days because of my little guy and I'm really out of the loop, but I wouldn't trade a single moment of those 'till the wee hours of the night support class marathons I sat through for decades. An imperfect night of racing is still better than not having racing around at all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BillSmith said:

Some of this sounds like Star Wars fandom (I used to work on the books and games years ago and a large portion of the fanbase seems to think that the best way to show how much they care about Star Wars is to crap on every single thing that comes out) -- "we love to hate this thing we love."

And I get being disappointed in things -- but there's still a lot of things I love about racing (and new Star Wars) no matter how bad some of it is.

Think of how much we'd miss racing if it weren't around to hate on ... I don't get to go much these days because of my little guy and I'm really out of the loop, but I wouldn't trade a single moment of those 'till the wee hours of the night support class marathons I sat through for decades. An imperfect night of racing is still better than not having racing around at all.

Well said.  I'm guilty of that.