Sign in to follow this  
FondaFan16

2019 Super DIRTcar Series Schedule Has Been Released.

11 hours ago, rpm72x said:

I agree completely...in all reality there wouldn’t be a bunch of guys from either that would attend both anyways...maybe a handful of guys...I’m just stating that it sucks for that handful that they miss out on a big payday opportunity....there isn’t anywhere near enough of them in modified racing to begin with

This is what is was trying to get at with the OCFS vs Weedsport deal a few years ago .

2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Here is a name I bet was on nobody's radar for following the full tour.

Paul St-Sauveur has signed the platnium agreement from the Quebec ranks...

https://twitter.com/SuperDIRTcar/status/1100795323226750976

Good for him. Nice to see people follow their dreams. I would think that 358 tour or even sportsman would be a better place to start though. BB SDS racing at tracks you’ve never to before is a big bite to try and chew. But again, it’s his money so as he wishes. I just remember JF Corriveau and I don’t think he qualified for more than a handful of races. I watched Ryan Jacobs who was as well funded as anyone on the series 15 years ago run a two car team and he couldn’t hold a candle to these guys 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Good for him. Nice to see people follow their dreams. I would think that 358 tour or even sportsman would be a better place to start though. BB SDS racing at tracks you’ve never to before is a big bite to try and chew. But again, it’s his money so as he wishes. I just remember JF Corriveau and I don’t think he qualified for more than a handful of races. I watched Ryan Jacobs who was as well funded as anyone on the series 15 years ago run a two car team and he couldn’t hold a candle to these guys 

With all due respect for Corriveau, St-Sauveur has won some races. Not saying he'll set the world on fire, but Paul will be more competitive than JF

14 minutes ago, KB19 said:

With all due respect for Corriveau, St-Sauveur has won some races. Not saying he'll set the world on fire, but Paul will be more competitive than JF

Fair enough. JF was in so far over his head  it wasn’t funny. I actually felt bad for him 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RaceStatCentral said:

If anyone is looking for some additional information on Paul's modified career, we have it all here

https://nemodfacts.racestatcentral.com/profile.php?id=626

Bottom line... 9 Seasons, 276 starts, 1 Win, 16 Top 5s and 74 Top 10s

And a comparison between JF and Paul for fun

This is awesome stuff! Thank you.

• Like 2

If guys like Sheppard weren't spending so much money and cherry picking in big blocks these 'poor' guys could compete.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, macho said:

If guys like Sheppard weren't spending so much money and cherry picking in big blocks these 'poor' guys could compete.

Let’s not give Matt all the credit....HBR, Gypsum, Hearn, Halmar etc. deserve some as well...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, macho said:

Some of these guys aren’t poor. Ryan Jacobs had a ton of money behind him when he followed the tour. In fact few since have been better funded. He just bit off more than he could chew 

36 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Some of these guys aren’t poor. Ryan Jacobs had a ton of money behind him when he followed the tour. In fact few since have been better funded. He just bit off more than he could chew 

I "think" macho was being sarcastic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnyC said:

JF Coriveau won't be hitting up the soup kitchen any time soon either.That was a very well funded team.

• Like 1

I see Rusty Smith is signed on for the SDS tour. Not sure about quality but the tour is certainly poised to have quantity this year. Great to see. I wish all participants good luck and hope everyone is safe and their equipment holds up 

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, jumper12a said:

This is where you get very confused, no driver is forced to do anything. It’s always THEIR decision.

SO !! I'm #1 or2 or even three in sds points and I want to go to Fonda for the money but there is a SDS race same day, if I  chose Fonda cause its my living, I have my SDS status taken away, So, I guess your right its my choice...….WOW !!!!!!!!!!

I agree with a previous post....everyone expects the tracks to hold non points events during Middletowns big weekend....I think dirtcar should make these sds races show up points or non points events during Fonda’s big weekend.

• Confused 1

Another platinum driver from Quebec has signed on to follow the SDS tour. Series should be loaded with quantity this year.

33 minutes ago, JohnyC said:

Another platinum driver from Quebec has signed on to follow the SDS tour. Series should be loaded with quantity this year.

who's the driver

Up to 20 announced contract drivers...

2 Jack Lehner
R2 Rusty Smith
8 Rich Scagliotta
9s Matt Sheppard
18 Anthony Perrego
19 Tim Fuller
20 Brett Hearn
21A Peter Britten
25 Erick Rudolph
26 Ryan Godown
27J Danny Johnson
35 Mike Mahaney
37 Paul St-Sauveur
63 Adam Roberts
88 Mat Williamson
91 Billy Decker
98H Jimmy Phelps
99 Mikael Labreche
99L Larry Wight
111 Demetrios Drellos

• Like 1

I'd say only about 8 make all the races. I'd bet some of these guys sign up to get the perks for the first handful of races they attend. But its encouraging anyhow.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KB19 said:

Up to 20 announced contract drivers...

2 Jack Lehner
R2 Rusty Smith
8 Rich Scagliotta
9s Matt Sheppard
18 Anthony Perrego
19 Tim Fuller
20 Brett Hearn
21A Peter Britten
25 Erick Rudolph
26 Ryan Godown
27J Danny Johnson
35 Mike Mahaney
37 Paul St-Sauveur
63 Adam Roberts
88 Mat Williamson
91 Billy Decker
98H Jimmy Phelps
99 Mikael Labreche
99L Larry Wight
111 Demetrios Drellos

I thought I'd seen Dave Rauscher as well part of the list ?

I actually thought we were over 20 with all the new additions... like 22-23 drivers... but yes attrition will do his thing and by end of July only a dozen will have run all the shows.

There are a few guys that are going to start the year off on the tour but aren't sure if they're going to be able to do the whole thing, so they haven't signed platinum deals. Jessey Mueller and Dave Rauscher are in that boat. I believe there's at least 1 more platinum driver (not any kind of a big name, but a new name to the tour), but he hasn't been announced, yet, so plans may have changed.

Whether all end up running the whole tour or not. 20 guaranteed cars scheduled to be at Can-Am for April 14 without any other local guys accounting for the field is fantastic! Kudos to Dean for all the work he is doing and I’m excited to follow along with how the Tour shakes out this year. Some new names/old names back in potent rides should make for a fun chase. Sure 10-12 will most likely end up finishing the whole time. Every touring series in the country deals with attrition every year. I’m just happy to see that it looks like 35-40 cars should be within reason at every Tour stop this year with this many committed followers at this point.