Jump to content




Sign in to follow this  
EMF

Erik Rudolph?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, robertmorris said:

Typical response from a millennium snowflake that has a perception that showing compassion and congratulations for someone's accomplishments in some way shows a sign of weakness. Make no mistake about it, if the subjects last name was Susice YOU would have absolutely no negative response whatsoever!

Look who just caught up lol snowflake? We went through the name calling before Bobby. I'll heed the warning from the moderators. Seriously though, Ericks a great talent going places, I've never argued against this but it makes all that much harder to want to like him when some of his fans not only complain about not enough praise but how the praise is given?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Speedway21 said:

Look who just caught up lol snowflake? We went through the name calling before Bobby. I'll heed the warning from the moderators. Seriously though, Ericks a great talent going places, I've never argued against this but it makes all that much harder to want to like him when some of his fans not only complain about not enough praise bit how the praise is given?

Let me make this perfectly clear, I will congratulate who I want, when I want, and as many times as I want. If I feel someone deserves credit and is not being rewarded, I will do my best to draw attention to my beliefs. Obviously the originator of this post felt that recognition for the Trenton race was being overlooked also. Did you call him out? NO, you zeroed in on me just to start the same crap over from last year when I gave kudos to Erick for finishing 2nd to Shepperd in a sds race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I get sick of some people doing nothing but complaining about the same stuff on here I also dont think we all need to congratulate racers on here either. I think it would mean alot more if you feel the need to do this then go to their Facebook page and make it more personal. Jmo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, macho said:

While I get sick of some people doing nothing but complaining about the same stuff on here I also dont think we all need to congratulate racers on here either. I think it would mean alot more if you feel the need to do this then go to their Facebook page and make it more personal. Jmo.

What a great idea, leave all comments to the people who wish to spread negativity.  Maybe if someone is injured or is suffering from a illness we should refrain from offering our well wishes. As long as we are limiting our posts not include congrats, I guess Merry  Christmas and Happy New Year is probably over the line also? God forbid if we say RIP!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got a Coke for me?

All the popcorn is making me quite thirsty.

I follow the micros, and sprints and mods. I have seen Rudolph race mods several times. Kid has talent. Oddly the most memorable for me was the night a couple years ago that he was dominating at Weedsport and got passed by Gary Tompkins for the win coming out of 4 on the last lap. Regardless of class preference, that's great racing IMO.

Despite following both, I didn't even know Rudolph was running at Trenton until just before he won. But I thought it was strange that none of those on here with mod driver man crushes made mention of it.

Now back to my popcorn from the cheap seats. You guys certainly are entertaining!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, robertmorris said:

What a great idea, leave all comments to the people who wish to spread negativity.  Maybe if someone is injured or is suffering from a illness we should refrain from offering our well wishes. As long as we are limiting our posts not include congrats, I guess Merry  Christmas and Happy New Year is probably over the line also? God forbid if we say RIP!!

I'm not trying to limit anyone's congratulations. I said that was MY opinion. Erick is a fine racer but I'd bet my last dollar he doesnt care much about a couple strangers offering him a congratulations on DTD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is hilarious lol. I'll say this, I was at Trenton Saturday as I missed last years show. Its a really really cool event with a lot of talented drivers running. Ill definitely try and hit more than just Saturday next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, macho said:

I'm not trying to limit anyone's congratulations. I said that was MY opinion. Erick is a fine racer but I'd bet my last dollar he doesnt care much about a couple strangers offering him a congratulations on DTD. 

It doesn’t take much effort to express kind words for someone’s success whether they view it or not. I can assure you , kind words are appreciated out of the Rudolph stable!!,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, In the Shadows said:

Was referring to racecars, not little people. You know there is a division of race cars called midgets, right?? Similar to sprint cars without wings. See the Chili Bowl thread. 

He said he was new to racing in a different thread. Poor fella probably didnt know that micro 600s are also called midgets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liftinleftfront said:

He said he was new to racing in a different thread. Poor fella probably didnt know that micro 600s are also called midgets. 

Micro’s are not called Midgets. A Micro is a Micro. A Midget is a Midget. Nobody confuses the 2.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, macho said:

While I get sick of some people doing nothing but complaining about the same stuff on here I also dont think we all need to congratulate racers on here either. I think it would mean alot more if you feel the need to do this then go to their Facebook page and make it more personal. Jmo.


Some drivers don't have facebook pages though.

Promoters, track owners, car owners, drivers and team members all try and say they never come to DTD, yet just about every one of them know what's being said here. Congratulating someone for a job well done is a hell of a lot better than a typical Fonda thread. I get your point and agree... congratulating someone for a 4th place finish is somewhat similar to handing out participation trophies. But congratulating Danny Johnson, Stewart Friesen or Matt Sheppard for a 2nd place finish isn't bad if they are trying to shake off a dry spell.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Micro’s are not called Midgets. A Micro is a Micro. A Midget is a Midget. Nobody confuses the 2.

Hate to bust on you bud, but remember NYMM Series? (New York Modified Midgets)

Now called the NY6A Tour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobMiller said:

Hate to bust on you bud, but remember NYMM Series? (New York Modified Midgets)

Now called the NY6A Tour.

That’s because it was from NY. NY’ers would confuse the 2. In areas where people know the difference, that doesn’t happen.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobMiller said:

Hate to bust on you bud, but remember NYMM Series? (New York Modified Midgets)

I was gonna call that one but you beat me to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2018 at 2:21 PM, EMF said:

Surprised to see no mention of Rudolph winning the indoor 600 micro race in NJ saturday night. Beat some of the best in the north east micro world.

Are you race fans or just mod snobs?

You know there are those on this board that just like to bitch about anything.  In a way, I blame you for this thread going way off the deep end.

If you had titled this "Congratulations Erick Rudolph!" and then in your message said what a great job he did by sweeping his qualifying and the a-main against the best in the northeast, you would have a bunch of people also saying great job etc. etc.

You started out negative and that's where it went.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jumper12a said:

Micro’s are not called Midgets. A Micro is a Micro. A Midget is a Midget. Nobody confuses the 2.

Like when all my NY friends tell me the USAC sprint cars sucked at Syracuse? 🤦‍♂️ Then I've gotta explain just how different the 3 divisions of USAC really are. Back on track, I fully expect Erick to win the SDS Championship in 2019. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to be able to travel to races around the country.  But I personally would not go to NJ on purpose.  I used to have to go there all the time in a truck and I am glad I don't have to anymore. 

Congratulations to Eric for the win on such a big race. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brian moore said:

I would love to be able to travel to races around the country.  But I personally would not go to NJ on purpose.  I used to have to go there all the time in a truck and I am glad I don't have to anymore. 

Congratulations to Eric for the win on such a big race. 

I LOVE racing. 

ALL kinds of Racing.

I agree. I am in no hurry to go to NJ myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, leroy said:

I LOVE racing. 

ALL kinds of Racing.

I agree. I am in no hurry to go to NJ myself!

Jersey& NYC should merge as 1 and give upstate n.y. a break .. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 6:45 AM, foster said:

Jersey& NYC should merge as 1 and give upstate n.y. a break .. 

I always thought that they should have just continued that straight line from the Pennsylvania border right to the Connecticut line. I would support a border wall there. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


















×