Sign in to follow this  
KB19

The Premature Volusia Entry List

13 minutes ago, KB19 said:

Dave Rauscher also confirmedo

Omg, great guy, but come on put someone in that ride that can wheel, SMH .. 

2 hours ago, foster said:

It is not like Dave will make  any money putting someone else in the car. He is footing all the bills. Might as well have the fun.

Kind of like buying a brand new sled and watching someone else ride it? 

Anyway. Did Tim Fuller race for Dave once or twice?

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, leroy said:

It is not like Dave will make  any money putting someone else in the car. He is footing all the bills. Might as well have the fun.

Kind of like buying a brand new sled and watching someone else ride it? 

Anyway. Did Tim Fuller race for Dave once or twice?

Pretty sure Tim raced two full seasons with Dave Rauscher.

52 minutes ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

Pretty sure Tim raced two full seasons with Dave Rauscher.

Yes with him , I say put Alan in it .. and retire .. I wacthed Dave get lapped several times in many series races , I guess that's fun but great equipment . Just an opinion .. 

4 hours ago, foster said:

Good grief!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, foster said:

Can I come spend your money?

• Like 7

Stangle's motor not ready yet, so scratch him from the field. Chris Ostrowsky confirmed. 

On 1/31/2019 at 3:52 PM, foster said:

Have to laugh at these posts..

Dave is a great guy and a hard worker for his money.  I'm sure this is his way of having fun and getting away from the hectic work environment, much as it is for me and my team/family.  The series field is a tough group of guys.  We've been fortunate enough to have some great runs, but we've also had races where we struggle and get lapped once or twice when we completely miss on setup. Does this mean myself, and anyone who's struggled at times should hang it up and hire someone? Much like Dave, and many other teams who drive for themselves or fund themselves, we do it because we are blessed enough to do so and enjoy the heck out of it.

• Like 29

31 minutes ago, Keith Flach said:

Have to laugh at these posts..

Dave is a great guy and a hard worker for his money.  I'm sure this is his way of having fun and getting away from the hectic work environment, much as it is for me and my team/family.  The series field is a tough group of guys.  We've been fortunate enough to have some great runs, but we've also had races where we struggle and get lapped once or twice when we completely miss on setup. Does this mean myself, and anyone who's struggled at times should hang it up and hire someone? Much like Dave, and many other teams who drive for themselves or fund themselves, we do it because we are blessed enough to do so and enjoy the heck out of it.

BINGO!!!!!!!

On 1/31/2019 at 8:21 PM, Mike Coleates said:

Can I come spend your money?

Dave Rauscher is without a doubt the nicest & most honest & respected man in Dirt Mod racing. He is living his dream & enjoying every minute of it......why should he change just to please a few grandstand jockies????

• Like 2

Foster , 

why should a guy give up something he enjoys doing?? I’ve seen Dave race and he’s getting more experience everytime out. He is a hard working man than enjoys racing. He’s not out there for championships he out there to enjoy something he loves! Honestly I think Dave’s biggest deal is keeping up with the changes that need to be made as the night goes on. If he got an experienced crew guy I think his game would improve. Not saying his guys are doing a bad job just sometimes it takes a different approach. 

Maybe you should put together a car for Alan with your own team ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Foster , 

why should a guy give up something he enjoys doing?? I’ve seen Dave race and he’s getting more experience everytime out. He is a hard working man than enjoys racing. He’s not out there for championships he out there to enjoy something he loves! Honestly I think Dave’s biggest deal is keeping up with the changes that need to be made as the night goes on. If he got an experienced crew guy I think his game would improve. Not saying his guys are doing a bad job just sometimes it takes a different approach. 

Maybe you should put together a car for Alan with your own team ??

This is a good point. Having seen Dave race weekly at Canandaigua for years, he always seemed to be pretty strong in the heat races but as the night went on and the longer the races went, he seemed to fade a bit. 

Certainly seems like a great guy that helped out a couple drivers over the years with fielding a second car for guys like Tim Fuller and Steve Paine.

Wheels up , 

ive seen it with 100’s of racers. It’s somewhat easier for guys to drive better when the track has a lot of bite. 

The experirnced drivers have been through the scenarios enough times to figure the best adjustments. A good crew that can watch a car and compare it to others to see what adjustments would help his car the best is oh so important especially with a less seasoned veteran.

2 hours ago, KB19 said:

Add Marc Johnson to the field.

In Scott Hamlin's car I assume?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, Eagleonemotorsports said:

Wheels up , 

ive seen it with 100’s of racers. It’s somewhat easier for guys to drive better when the track has a lot of bite. 

The experirnced drivers have been through the scenarios enough times to figure the best adjustments. A good crew that can watch a car and compare it to others to see what adjustments would help his car the best is oh so important especially with a less seasoned veteran.

Every driver is fast in heats. Yet some still want to debate this

2 hours ago, slojunk91 said:

In Scott Hamlin's car I assume?

Yes sir. Will have his own car there, too. Plan is to use that as a backup 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, leroy said:

Every driver is fast in heats. Yet some still want to debate this

May not be many this week....Tuesday pm thunderstorms 80 % chance .....Wed am showers 40 %....Thurs rain possible 10 %....Friday   rain / thunder  70 %.... Sat am showers  40%.....may have alot of water on grounds by weekend.......

• Sad 1

Is this a DIRTCAR Event? If not and I was down their for the North Florida Speedway 602 Crate race I would load up my Crate and head over. It might be slck or you might get lucky in a heat race with a couple crashes and make your way in. Hell you're already down there and probably going over to watch anyway!!!

39 minutes ago, DWelty123 said:

Is this a DIRTCAR Event? If not and I was down their for the North Florida Speedway 602 Crate race I would load up my Crate and head over. It might be slck or you might get lucky in a heat race with a couple crashes and make your way in. Hell you're already down there and probably going over to watch anyway!!!

It is DIRTCAR, if it wasn't I'd be there with my 602!