HBR just announced that Mad Max just signed on with HRE to run the K&N East series full time in 2019.  Looks like there is either an open seat in the HBR stable, or Phelps is running solo.

Thoughts?

Since the K&N East Series only has 13 races on their 2019 schedule I would assume he'd still be running modifieds most weekends still,

• Thanks 1

It says in the news story that HBR will be a single car team with Phelps, and Max will still run selective races.

• Like 2

I have wandered why he spent any time on dirt if it looks like he wants to go to NASCAR.  I also wonder why some of these guys want to pursue NASCAR as it seems to me that NASCAR is going by the way of midgets.   

1 hour ago, Goggles Paesano said:

I have wandered why he spent any time on dirt if it looks like he wants to go to NASCAR.  I also wonder why some of these guys want to pursue NASCAR as it seems to me that NASCAR is going by the way of midgets.   

NASCAR is declining yes, but Talladega isn't $2,000 to win

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Justracing44 said:

Talladega isn't $2,000 to win

No, it isn't.  But it also costs millions of dollars to compete at that level, and unfortunately we seem to have hit a point where unless you're a Kyle Larson or Christopher Bell type, talent alone isn't going to get you a seat anywhere.  Teams are expecting drivers to pony up big bucks for the right to sit in the drivers seat of their cars. 

That being said, I wish Max nothing but the best and hope he's successful at the next level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to Max. If Nascar is the route he wants to go, I hope he climbs up the ladder!

Anyone know what happened with his truck deal last year? When he signed the deal with Niece Motorsports I thought he was supposed to get 4 races in the truck and as far as I know he only ran Eldora. Was it a sponsorship $ issue? Watched a few of the truck races at the end of last year and saw other drivers in the 38 that I thought he was supposed to be in. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, Goggles Paesano said:

I always knew you were a wanderer!

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, Goggles Paesano said:

I think I have heard some people day dirt lets the drivers get a lot more experience with car control\throttle control.  Most of the full fendered cars that run on pavement seem to be pretty underpowered. 

It has been said that if a driver can make it 3 years in Cup, that even as one of the bottom finishers, he can live more than comfortably for the rest of his life. 

• Like 1