It is amazing how much Keith Kunz Racing is just miles and miles ahead of everyone else in Midget racing. The race draws 350 cars, yet KKR has won five years in a row, -- including first and second Saturday night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FightForTheRail said:

It is amazing how much Keith Kunz Racing is just miles and miles ahead of everyone else in Midget racing. The race draws 350 cars, yet KKR has won five years in a row, -- including first and second Saturday night.

5 of the 11 making the A main too I believe?

Just watched the ending. Decent race. Thought for sure Larson had it won. Butttttt, that’s why you run every lap.

congrats to Christopher Bell. Looking forward to seeing him in Cup soon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pinesol said:

Dragging the shit out of this show.

Was it a long day? Yes it was, I didn't miss one race on Saturday and they started around 10:00 AM. Would I do it again? You bet!! I  can't wait until Chili Bowl 34.

• Like 1

As RJO stated, I too was in the building at 9:15, I watched every single lap yesterday. Was it a long day, yes! Was it drawn out too long, yes! Will it keep me from witnessing the greatest racing I see all year, every year, NO!!!! If someone is bitching about the length of the show that was in attendance, there’s thousands of others just waiting to take your seats from you. It’s not the most sought after ticket in all of dirt track racing for nothing. Suck it up buttercup! I can’t wait for the 2020 Chili Bowl Midget Nationals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jumper12a said:

As RJO stated, I too was in the building at 9:15, I watched every single lap yesterday. Was it a long day, yes! Was it drawn out too long, yes! Will it keep me from witnessing the greatest racing I see all year, every year, NO!!!! If someone is bitching about the length of the show that was in attendance, there’s thousands of others just waiting to take your seats from you. It’s not the most sought after ticket in all of dirt track racing for nothing. Suck it up buttercup! I can’t wait for the 2020 Chili Bowl Midget Nationals.

Of course you have to like it.....your name is Dick Drag On!

56 minutes ago, John Williams said:

Of course you have to like it.....your name is Dick Drag On!

I hope you didn’t spend a lot of time on that one....

2 hours ago, WheelsUpHammerDown10 said:

When did the racing end in Oklahoma? 1am central?

The race was over at 12:30CT.

1 hour ago, PatsJags14 said:

Did something happen to Larson? Bell closed really fast as if something happened 

Yes, he missed the bottom at the entrance to 3 coming to the white. That allowed CBell to get right to his bumper going into 1 on the final lap. He missed the bottom again in 1/2, CBell got inside of him off 2. Kyle admitted so in his post race interview over the event mic.

Best race in the world.

Some things are worth the wait ... I would rather them take the half hour extra to groom the track to give a raceable track than have a single lane follow-the-leader fest. They started at 10 AM and made an honest effort to make sure each race had a decent surface.

I was watching a stream and monitoring on the NASCAR Reddit thread (while holding my sleeping little guy) -- too bad that newcomers don't understand that the Chili Bowl is not just the 50 lap main event, but it is a six day marathon whittling 350+ of the best racers in the country down to 24 guys who have to stand on the gas every moment of the 50 lap finale.

It is the exact opposite of what NASCAR has become, where sponsorships matter more than talent and they barely have enough cars to fill the field and attendance is going down because racing fans are not stupid, they also know what NASCAR has become while the Chili Bowl, while not perfect, is an example of the best of what racing can be.

Even if the A-main is not great, the quality of the racing in the alphabet mains and on preliminary nights is breathtaking.

• Like 2

Track prep is one thing but the pole races were a huge waste of time in my opinion.  From a tv viewers perspective, the worst chili bowl I have watched. Track didn't seem to be as good as years past causing delays and poor racing.

19 minutes ago, jwt said:

Track prep is one thing but the pole races were a huge waste of time in my opinion.

The pole races weren't even supposed to be televised on MavTV.  Those were supposed to be on RacinBoys, but they were behind schedule.

I guess if you're there maybe you don't mind the track prep stuff since you can get up from your seat, wander around, and chat with other folks to kill the time.  When you're sitting home watching the TV guys struggle to fill air time because they're tilling up the track AGAIN, its maddening... 

Even drivers were calling them out for it taking so long! 

2CEB66AF-392F-4208-BF4C-30CC53546347.jpeg.5d6d7be46635f1055aedc2314f747144.jpeg

19 minutes ago, FondaFan16 said:

The pole races weren't even supposed to be televised on MavTV.  Those were supposed to be on RacinBoys, but they were behind schedule.

That makes it easier to swallow. 

32 minutes ago, jwt said:

Should mention I slept through the first thirty laps of the A. 

Don’t waste your time attending the CB, it’s not for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jumper12a said:

Don’t waste your time attending the CB, it’s not for you.

Maybe when I reach your elite level of race fan I will be able to resist sleep after midnight, on my couch with an hour between races. 

Attending it and watching it on TV are 2 different things. If I was in attendance I would of enjoyed every minute of it. Watching it on TV I fell asleep twice for over 2.5hrs total and finally just went to bed. Seemed really dragged out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jwt said:

Maybe when I reach your elite level of race fan I will be able to resist sleep after midnight, on my couch with an hour between races. 

Maybe!