Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Lawrence

Florida Dream 602 Winter Nationals

The list of drivers/teams (to date) indicating their intentions of the first annual Florida Dream 602 Winter Nationals.  Please reach out to North Florida Speedway if you plan on making the trip.

1.] 1L Jeffrey Lawrence New Smryna Beach , Fl.
2.] 1 Andrew Smith Lockport , N.Y.
3.] 1J Rocky Warner Gloversville , N.Y.
4.] 1K Scott Kurtzner Lady Lake, Florida
5.] 2 Brian Mady Dingmans Ferry , Pa.
6.] 3 Cole Hentschel Pine Bush , N.Y.
7.] 3 Jacob Dgien Avoca, NY
8.] 7B Brian Bellinger Buffalo, New York
9.] 08 Kirk Reynolds Gorham , N.Y.
10.] 9 Jeff Brown Parsonsburg, MD.
11.] 11B Don Blaney Austintown , Ohio
12.] 12 Chad Chevalier Port Colborne Ontario, Canada
13.] 12A Jim Passino Clermont , Fl.
14.] 18W Jim Harbison Ransomville , N.Y.
15.] 20K Kyle Inman Darien, New York
16.] 20 Jay Mallory St. Catharines , Ontario , Canada
17.] 20 Corey Cormier Ottisville , N.Y.
18.] ??? Danny Johnson Phelps , N.Y.
19.] 26S Mike Senecal Accord , N.Y.
20.] 26 Derrick McGrew Ballston Spa, N.Y.
21.] 29 Joel Hall Evans Mills , N.Y.
22.] 32 Tom Princiotta West Windsor, N.J.
23.] 43 Michael White Laurel , Delaware
24.] 57 Anthony Stockman Adams , N.Y.
25.] 61 Ocoee , Fl.
26.] 72 Billy Eggers Pearl River , N.Y.
27.] 72 Ajay Potrzebowski Jr. Horseheads , N.Y.
28.] 77 Ben Karlsen Stanley , New York
29.] 91 Bobby Flood Montgomery, New York
30.] 94 Chris Burek Wilson , N.Y.
31.] 97 Bobby Hackel Rensselaer, NY
32.] 98 Tyler Thompson Fulton , N.Y.
33.] 99 Craig Whitmoyer Hamburg , Pa.
34.] 109 Brett Barrett Daytona Beach , Fl.
35.] 117 Rich Eggers Pearl River , N.Y.

36.] 126 Zack George Wilson , N.Y.

• Thanks 1

Friday Night is $1,000 to win and $100 to start

Saturday Night $1,200 to win and $125 to start

Sunday Night $2,000 to win and $150 to start

Fast time bonuses being paid out each night $100, $200 & $200

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mike Coleates said:

Nick Cooper has withdrawn from the event. 

I updated the list.  Without a doubt a few here and there will have to stay home.  I'm sure several more are on the fence and will make the trip.  I still think we will see some more big names show up.

I'll admit I was VERY VERY skeptical when the talk of doing the 602's at NFS began.  But I'm starting to think that I was way wrong.  Even if a few drop off that's a pretty solid list as of now.  I'm seriously considering coming up for Saturday night and staying for Sunday, but I'll have to wait until I see how Friday shakes out.  I typically do the Lucas Oil races at East Bay Friday and Saturday night but if the field is solid this might be worth the 3 hour drive.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeff Lawrence said:

I updated the list.  Without a doubt a few here and there will have to stay home.  I'm sure several more are on the fence and will make the trip.  I still think we will see some more big names show up.

I hear of several notables staying home. I do think that several surprise entrants will be seen.  There will be some good racing, there are many track champion drivers on that list and at least a couple touring, regional, and series champions, no night should be an easy win, these Florida guys will need to be up on it if they want to keep up with the NY guys, the Floridians know the track, the visitors know the cars.

9 hours ago, racerguy said:

I hear of several notables staying home. I do think that several surprise entrants will be seen.  There will be some good racing, there are many track champion drivers on that list and at least a couple touring, regional, and series champions, no night should be an easy win, these Florida guys will need to be up on it if they want to keep up with the NY guys, the Floridians know the track, the visitors know the cars.

The racing will be epic for sure!  I've seen the locals race 3 and 4 wide every lap..  The north east invasion to this track will be a memorable event.  We are now just two weeks away from entering the gates for a Thursday night practice session to kick off the weekend.

I FEEL SORRY FOR PROMOTORS THAT PAY MORE MONEY HERE IN THE NORTHEAST AND DONT GET MANY CARS ,BUT GUYS WILL TRAVEL TO FLORIDA FOR A GRAND TO WIN SHAME ON YOU GUYS !!!!   BY THE WAY I DIDNT KNOW ROCKY WAS RACING THERE BUT I WILL TELL YOU One THING ITS NOT MY CAR !!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jake Spraker said:

I FEEL SORRY FOR PROMOTORS THAT PAY MORE MONEY HERE IN THE NORTHEAST AND DONT GET MANY CARS ,BUT GUYS WILL TRAVEL TO FLORIDA FOR A GRAND TO WIN SHAME ON YOU GUYS !!!!   BY THE WAY I DIDNT KNOW ROCKY WAS RACING THERE BUT I WILL TELL YOU WON THING ITS NOT MY CAR !!!

I get what you're saying but i think you're  comparing apples to oranges.  

3 hours ago, robracer said:

I get what you're saying but i think you're  comparing apples to oranges.  

Not trying to be a dick, not trying to start a pissing match, but I would like to hear your explanation as to why.

13 minutes ago, ranger22 said:

Not trying to be a dick, not trying to start a pissing match, but I would like to hear your explanation as to why.

Big money to win sportsman races dont attract a bunch of cars because 90% ofthe guys don't realistically have a chance. If 10th pays 150 but its 10000 to win it really doesnt matter to the guy that thinks 10th is a good run. 

Anyone on a tight budget probably sees big money races as a good way to end up in the middle of people smashing through each other trying to get in. 

This trip is probably more of a cool expirience for guys to go race somewhere new and have a bit of a vacation in the winter. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Devin Willis said:

Big money to win sportsman races dont attract a bunch of cars because 90% ofthe guys don't realistically have a chance. If 10th pays 150 but its 10000 to win it really doesn't matter to the guy that thinks 10th is a good run. 

some of these same guys didn't show up and or didnt/dont have a shot of winning a 12,000 show locally its for sure more of an experience and vacation to someplace warm. 

its the same with the big blocks. 2k to win each night except saturday which is 5k while late models and sprints race for 10k each night. the start money is putrid but like many have said its a vacation and an opportunity to try your equipment out before things unfold in the northeast.  

9 minutes ago, premiumdiesel said:

its the same with the big blocks. 2k to win each night except saturday which is 5k while late models and sprints race for 10k each night. the start money is putrid but like many have said its a vacation and an opportunity to try your equipment out before things unfold in the northeast.  

You also get the opportunity to race in front of A LOT of people.  The last few years the Friday and Saturday night shows both weekends have been standing room only type crowds.

2 hours ago, ranger22 said:

What has been said is what I meant. We're going because it's a vacation in February. We race 1 night a week and a regional touring series and that taps out the help for the summer or we would do more high dollar shows like Jake is talking about. I don't think the sportsman guys stand to lose any more than the UMP mod guys, the crate late guys or the BB guys that go to Florida. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

I FEEL SORRY FOR PROMOTORS THAT PAY MORE MONEY HERE IN THE NORTHEAST AND DONT GET MANY CARS ,BUT GUYS WILL TRAVEL TO FLORIDA FOR A GRAND TO WIN SHAME ON YOU GUYS !!!!   BY THE WAY I DIDNT KNOW ROCKY WAS RACING THERE BUT I WILL TELL YOU WON THING ITS NOT MY CAR !!!

rumors started to fly around fonda area, jake is rocky in your cars this coming season?

• Confused 1

Sometimes there is more to it than the purse Mr. Spraker, you know that.  1000 cars enter the Tulsa shootout for a chance at winning a driller and a purse of about 17 dollars.  

3 hours ago, luke81 said:

Sometimes there is more to it than the purse Mr. Spraker, you know that.  1000 cars enter the Tulsa shootout for a chance at winning a driller and a purse of about 17 dollars.  

well I'm new to this game SO LETS HAVE YOU TELL ME ALL ABOUT PURSES COST OF FEILDING A RACE CAR !!!!

• Like 2

That's not what I meant, obviously.  :p :p :p Look I can't tell you why people don't show up for good paying races in their own backyard.  But I don't think you can compare that to the opportunity to race in a new place, 1000 miles away from home where it's probably going to be a lot warmer and nicer than it is back in New York.  Although it can get freakin cold in Lake City too!    

1 hour ago, luke81 said:

That's not what I meant, obviously.  :p :p :p Look I can't tell you why people don't show up for good paying races in their own backyard.  But I don't think you can compare that to the opportunity to race in a new place, 1000 miles away from home where it's probably going to be a lot warmer and nicer than it is back in New York.  Although it can get freakin cold in Lake City too!    

Extended forecast shows it being in the low 70's.  Fingers crossed.

I am calling it now all 3 nights will be won by a car with a #1 or #20 on it, maybe not the same car but those are the #'s I pick to win......

8 hours ago, Jake Spraker said:

well I'm new to this game SO LETS HAVE YOU TELL ME ALL ABOUT PURSES COST OF FEILDING A RACE CAR !!!!

Some people like to take their race cars on vacation. 

• Like 1