i tried raceflix.com i was ok with a few of the races like the july race from bport and the fonda 200 but other than that its a lot of fulton and little of anything else. nice idea but needs a lot more content in order to be worth 99 a year. 

Be patient, the website was just launched this past weekend. As we speak, there are just 2 guys uploading content who both have primary day jobs. As the site picks up steam (response has been overwhelmingly positive so far), a full time staffer will be added to the site to do nothing but upload video. I shot a decent amount of the video myself at Canandaigua, Dundee, Rolling Wheels, Weedsport, Ransomville and Utica Rome, plus a ton of the Super DIRT Series events from all over throughout the 90s. Mel Thomas had other people covering other tracks - - Paradise, Woodhull, Five Mile Point, Afton, Fulton, Brewerton, Can Am and Chemung are all coming. To give you an idea of how big this archive is, it starts in the late 70's and goes to present day. A good guesstimate would be somewhere in the 20,000 neighborhood.

• Like 5

Teaser alert...

There are big announcements coming in the not too distant future.

Holy Shit this is what I`ve been waiting for !!!! About 6 years ago I printed out Thomas Racing Videos entire catalog and one winter day I went through it and marked off a few videos that peaked my interest. 3 hours later that few videos was over 300. This is great for racing fans.

16 minutes ago, AndyCrane said:

I am a few days in and I LOVE it. perfect cure to the winter time non racing blues! highly recommended 

Andy -Do you have anymore Rush Hour or OCFS videos that you are going to upload to your You Tube page?

I'm thinking that raceflix might be the perfect home for all of Danny Ody's videos...

• Like 1

We are trying to add a few videos each day but it is a time consuming  to transfer and process each event.  We have a good selection ready to go as time permits.  We are using what we had prepared from the past few years of dirttrackdigest.tv programs from Utica Rome, Land of Legends(Canandaigua) and a few others plus Asphaltvision from Oswego, 2005 to 2018. Lots of content to come, just be patient.

• Like 4

Just as the website was being launched last Sunday, my phone rang. It was the guys at Raceflix asking me to do them a favor.

I was asked if I would be interested in reviewing the progress of the new Raceflix website and give it an honest opinion. I haven't been able to do this with other things going on until tonight.

I just scrolled through 211 videos. They told me Sunday that there would be a zillion videos to watch eventually. Right now, just 5 days after being launched, I saw...

1985 - Dundee
1987 - Rolling Wheels
1984 - Fonda
1999 - Cornwall
2000 - Bridgeport (USNA)
1993 - Utica Rome
1994 - Tioga (Shangri La)
1984 - OCFS
2001 - Niagara Falls Convention Center
1988 - Nazareth
1991 - Penn Can
1987 - Weedsport
1989 - Brewerton
1993 - Five Mile Point
1985 - New Venture

I saw a bunch of Victoria 200's uploaded dating all the way back to 1987.

The entire 2018 season of Oswego is there.
The entire 2018 season of Land of Legends Raceway.
A lot of the 2018 season at Weedsport.

Because I am a Canandaigua loyalist, I picked the June 1st, 1985 Canandaigua show to watch first and I did this for a specific reason. I wanted to know if the video would include the Street Stocks. Loren Lincoln was driving a 1967 Pontiac Tempest and going for his first ever feature win. Loren fell short by being passed on the last lap by John "Pops" O'Connor. And Gary Montgomery was doing race call.

You know what I found neat? The video quality was much better than I had expected. Video cameras required a lot of light back then and Canandaigua wasn't lit the greatest. But the video really wasn't all that bad, considering the lack of light and lack of technology in the camera itself.

My girlfriend was sleeping just 15 feet away and I wanted to crank up the surround sound on my computer to watch. She wouldn't like that very well, so I'll try it again tomorrow when she's awake. I did listen on a decent headset, but it's not the same thing. I can't wait!

I watched the Canandaigua video using DSL as my ISP and didn't have a buffering problem. The only minor issue I had was waiting for the video to load - but that's my problem, not theirs. And it really wasn't even a problem. It took about 10 to 15 seconds for the video to start playing. Once it started to play, it was perfect. If you are watching via Spectrum, you shouldn't have ANY issues.

I'm going to have to talk to them a little more, but I have video that nobody has ever seen that would be great on that site. Several years ago I drove out to Pevely, Missouri and shot the first ever DIRTcar Roundup at I-55 Speedway. That was a 3 day event if I remember correctly and hosted Late Models, UMP Mods, UMP Street Stocks and a 4 cylinder class. I also have the one and only DIRT Modified event ever held at Putnam County Speedway in Satsuma, Florida. We'll see...

If I were asked to give the website a letter grade, I'd say a solid A. This website is a must for anyone with a fondness for older video.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BobMiller said:

If I were asked to give the website a letter grade, I'd say a solid A. This website is a must for anyone with a fondness for older video.

I was also scrolling through the catalog last night and was in AWE of the amount of events they already have up.  I'd say both older videos and newer ones though given the recent whole seasons they're archiving.  

This is an excellent resource/entertainment option to have available. 

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:12 AM, Jeff Lawrence said:

I'm loving it so far!

ditto.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 8:48 AM, MR40 said:

Andy -Do you have anymore Rush Hour or OCFS videos that you are going to upload to your You Tube page?

I have to look through my attic, I think I have a few more

I’m hoping some of the regular Sunday night races at Weedsport that were televised for a few years in the early to mid 2000s get put up....they are hard to find...

I'd like to see one of them myself - the night Ray Bliss beat Alan Johnson with a blown motor. That was one of my favorite events of all time.

• Like 5

I remember that one. The smoke that came out of that the last couple laps was unreal. 

I used to have every single episode of rush hour on dirt on vhs. Operative word used to. 

4 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I'd like to see one of them myself - the night Ray Bliss beat Alan Johnson with a blown motor. That was one of my favorite events of all time.

I've heard about that one so many times... I'd like to check that out, especially since I race against him all the time.

Negative. It was Alan Johnson who was coming on like gangbusters at the end. Been an Alan Johnson fan since he started racing and I cheer for the underdogs - so I was torn.

7 hours ago, matt_s86 said:

I've heard about that one so many times... I'd like to check that out, especially since I race against him all the time.

I couldn't say with absolute certainty what broke in Ray's motor, but it sounded to me like he broke a push rod with about 8 to 10 to go. Naturally, he lost a cylinder. And then with about 5 or 6 to go, he lost another cylinder and the car started to smoke. Ray started up front and was fast enough early on to build up a big lead. But when the car started getting sick, Alan started reeling him in. The last 2 laps were intense because you knew it was going to be really close. At the stripe, Ray beat AJ by a single car length. Another 20 feet and he would have lost. The smoke coming out of Ray's car the last 2 laps was huge.

I am definitely glad I got to see that one unfold live.

• Like 1

I just thought of another event that I'd like to see be posted on raceflix...

Sunday - March 28th, 2004 - SDS event from Hagerstown. Gary Tomkins and Tim Fuller fought tooth and nail, exchanging the lead for a record (then) 16 times between them. I shot the whole feature for coverage on This Week on DIRT. This one is definitely in my all time top 10.

If I recall Bob that was one of the coldest SDS races I've ever been too.  There was still snow high on the track and Fuller got into early in the race and beat up his rear deck.  Maybe that was a different year, but I know it was at that race too.

I remember it being wicked cold, Mike. Gary and I were talking about this one not all that long ago because I confused part of this one with another one. Gary and Jamie Mills had a similar war at Delaware International. I remember as I was shooting thinking to myself... Man, this Jamie Mills guy is ROUGH. I always wanted to watch the video again to see if I was imagining things.

14 hours ago, BobMiller said:

I just thought of another event that I'd like to see be posted on raceflix...

Sunday - March 28th, 2004 - SDS event from Hagerstown. Gary Tomkins and Tim Fuller fought tooth and nail, exchanging the lead for a record (then) 16 times between them. I shot the whole feature for coverage on This Week on DIRT. This one is definitely in my all time top 10.

I'd like to see that one too as I've never seen a video of that race.